Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Japan 9.0 magnitude earthquake
WorldGovernment Offline
the ex-whiner

RE: Japan 8.9 magnitude earthquake

^ lol, with that info, you still tried to feel the rain o.o

go check this one out, just watching gives me goosebumps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-zfCBCq-...ure=relmfu
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2011 03:01 PM by WorldGovernment.)
03-14-2011 02:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

I laughed at this. Am I a bad person?

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
03-14-2011 06:27 PM
Mulberry Away
dreamweaver

Well apparently this quake moved Japan closer to North America by 13 feet, and sunk it by 2 feet. It also shifted Earth's axis enough to shorten the days a little. Crazy stuff.

But now they're even looking at all this nuclear radiation nonsense, and a like 7 or so magnitude aftershock. :\ Geez...

[heroine of the light][perpetually squishy]
Mulberry | Rozelle | Tearose | Bluet | Nagisa | Puffles
[snow song]
03-14-2011 08:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

@Jens - I laughed pretty hard at that, too.??A bit too soon perhaps.

I found this video opened my eyes to the enormity of what has and is happening in Japan.??Having numbers and other miscellaneous information thrown at you is one thing, but this video does what its title reads, "Understanding the scale of the Japan earthquake."

Final thought, what do you guys make of the assholes on YouTube (and probably elsewhere, too) who say this is God's punishment for the unbaptized Japanese populace???I think it's fucking disgusting, but it's a huge argument on YouTube.??>_>

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-15-2011 01:25 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

^ meh, foolish people looking for justifications will always be there, pay them no heed.

@jens: personally i don't think it's weird. People die everyday, dying comes with life. What we should work at is not allaying death, rather how to eliminate as much unnecessary suffering as possible. For this particular case, worry not, because Japan is a resilient nation, especially against earthquakes and tsunamis (which they have so much experience and research on). They will bounce back.

-w-
03-15-2011 06:14 AM
Mulberry Away
dreamweaver

RE:??Japan 8.9 magnitude earthquake

Whispers Wrote:Final thought, what do you guys make of the assholes on YouTube (and probably elsewhere, too) who say this is God's punishment for the unbaptized Japanese populace???I think it's fucking disgusting, but it's a huge argument on YouTube.??>_>

I grew up in the southern US, so a lot of the people on my Facebook are really... backwater redneck, for lack of a better term, unfortunately. Since the quake/tsunami happened they've been saying they're not sympathetic "because it's payback for Pearl Harbor".

I won't get too into it, but it reeeeaaally pisses me off.

[snow song]
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2011 07:29 AM by Mulberry.)
03-15-2011 07:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

geez..., why does everyone wants to bring history up for all the time? Most Asia region had been attacked, tortured, and slaughtered mercilessly, the present has nothing to do with it in anyway other than not knowing about it, since i've heard that Japan didn't educate their next generations of their brutal past, which i think is ok since they might not be able to take it or worse wants to follow in their foot steps(scary stuff).

Honestly, history is just like a sleeping pill to me, i don't give a crap about it and it makes me fall asleep. What matters is the present and future, we should be thankful since if there's no Japan, the entertainment and technology won't be as good as what we see today. If anything at all, i'd say Japan had improved our lifes, so Japan is still pretty awesomesauce and FTW!

Still no acid rain here.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
03-15-2011 09:43 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

People in America (or, at least, the south) take the educated provided for them for granted.??Not only that, we're bombarded with desire and instant gratification.??It's no surprise at all to me that the general populace of America is sub-intelligent.??=\

Still makes me angry, though.??These are innocent people; most of whom were probably good and honest.??What about the children???What did the kids ever do to deserve to have their deaths laughable???It doesn't make me mad when people don't care - you're not obligated to.??It pisses me off when someone makes a joke about it or says it was deserved.

Gilbert Gottfried got fired from Aflac (he was the voice of the duck) for saying on Twitter, "Japan is really advanced. They don't go to the beach. The beach comes to them," and, "I just split up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, 'They'll by another one floating by any minute now."

50 Cent gave the same treatment with, ?Look this is very serious people I had to evacuate all my hoe?s from LA, Hawaii and Japan. I had to do it. Lol."

It's people like this that make me support the 500,000,000 human population idea. >_>

Google Earth has satellite photos of the damage in Japan and it is horrible.??Entire neighborhoods are underwater, the houses nowhere to be seen because they got washed away in the tsunami.??There are videos everywhere detailing live footage of the earthquake, the explosions at Fukushima, tsunami breaking over seawalls, boats crashing through houses, people running for their lives, bodies being pulled from the debris and murky waters.??This isn't a fucking joke and this isn't a deity's wrath upon a heathen populace.??This is nature and those people need all the support they can get.

If anyone thinks otherwise they can gtfo this planet.

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-15-2011 10:05 AM
Mulberry Away
dreamweaver

I totally agree.

These Americans (saying that since it's definitely not all by far) seem to conveniently forget about war atrocities that the US has committed. :\ The My Lai Massacre comes to mind immediately, even though there are so many... But I suppose in their eyes, America can do no wrong, and supposedly God is on the US' side.

[snow song]
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2011 11:54 AM by Mulberry.)
03-15-2011 11:53 AM
Firenotes Offline
Did you get that thing I sent you?

The reality behind that is the government did those things and program the mindless populace to think this way. But besides that, The worlds governments have had multiple cover-ups on on safety issues involving nucleur power and seems the japanese government has started witholding information on this one as well. I mean after the second explosion they reported that no reactor was compromised and then 2 days later they say that there was a leak. I fear the only reason they told the truth in this instance is because they could not keep that under wraps.... I pray for the safety of all the people of japan and hope you get all the information you need when you need it. Anyone that can provide information (any at all) on the state of things over there please please please post here and let us know. I for one do not trust mainstream media and would very much like to know how things are really going over there.

I'm not even religious, but my heart goes out to you all.

Grim Skellington ~ HW ~ 94/62
Grim Reaper ~ Sniper ~ 94/64
Shaft ~ HP ~ 96/67
Grim Jr. ~ Sage ~ 94/50
Grim Savior ~ Paladin ~ 92/61
Undead Minion ~ Creator ~ 91/57
Grimmy Moogle ~ Clown ~ 74/42
03-15-2011 12:09 PM