Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion for other way of zenny sink and some
Lust Offline
I am Dust :<

Suggestion for other way of zenny sink and some

WorldGovernment Wrote:make a bonfire(npc) at pront(instead of boring fountain) every hillwind card threw to the flames will make it bigger, just for the lulz

I've been thinking about his or her comment. It will be my very own and first time to propose the preposterous suggestion. Anyway, Why not make bonfire instead of fountain and make it works like Rachel Sanctuary? Yes, I mean it works like donation just to open the rachel sanctuary but with different purposes.

Introduction:

First of all, I am talking about the possible ways to sink zenny, more people interaction, more farming motivation, more active, help to make economy keeps stable at all the time, and even help you leveling up and encouraging people to create party. The NPC will just get the total zenny of server then asking for people to donate 0.3% zenny of this server. (Want to increase it to 1% instead?)

Of course, the required amount of donation should be low. Lot of inactive players hoarding the zenny, thus it should be low.

NPC functionality:

-the NPC can announce the amount of donation thru PERCENTAGE, not exact. It will be interval and will announce for every 5% donation until it reached to 100%. If you missed announcement, you can just talk to NPC and they will tell you the percentage of donation.

-They won't tell you how much donation amount they held.

-All money will be going to Grandma Kathy. I love children!

Rule for required amount of donation:

-Let's say, required amount of donation will be base on total amount of zenny multiply by percentage. For instance, required amount of donation will be 0.3%. The 0.3% will be fixed after creating instance like, if the server has 100b, it will ask for donation but not telling the exact amount, it will be asking for donation and say the progess until the people met the requirement of donation. This plan is to prevent the people buying a lot of NPC stuff
before donating.

-After donated 300m, another instance will be created by checking the total zenny again and the compute it by .3%, the more zenny in this server, the more required amount of donationn will be.

-However, if the required zenny is less than 500m, it will stay 500m as minimum donation.

-I bet .3% might be low for you but who know? Some people might not donate thus, harder to accumulate.

Possible problems:

What about people who won't donate?
-Simple, "Donation" means you're willing to give and not to expect anything.

Big Picture (TL;DR):

For example, there are 100b zenny in this server, people should donate the 300m zenny (Yes, I am TALKING ABOUT DONATE, not extortion). Yes, everyone should work hard and cooperate then the NPC will announce the required amount of donation has met.

Reward Topic:

If people accumulated the required amount of donation, people will have to cast the vote thru forums

Option 1:

The exp and drop will increased to 7x/7x/4x (this is like exp from birthday) for following weekend (is it too much)? We can make it one week if the required amount of donation increases.

Option 2:

Lucky draw! The GMs will give some "not OP" and cute items to anyone who got lucky. More lucky draw prizes if required amount of donation increased.

Option 3:

Lotsa events in following Weekend (hunting items, poring smash, whatever). Prize can be DCA / Jew B / exp. Better prizes if required amount of donation increased.

Option 4:

Just name anything that can appease the people then GM will decide the percentage of donation.

You can add more constructive criticisms or praise, whatever. Just be tactful with people you're going to criticize.

Insightful post:
Post # 4

Bold - using it most of time
Italic - rarely using it
None - haven't using it

Fornicatio (Lust) - HP 9x/6x
Ira (Wrath) - Champion 8x/5x
Superbia (Pride) - High Swordman 5x/4x
Vanagloria (Vainglory) - Star Gladiator 98/50
Tristitia (Despair) - Whitesmith 9x/6x
Castitas (Chastity) - Sniper 99/70
Temperantia (Temperance) - Assassin Cross 7x/4x
Humilitas (Humility) - High Wizard  9x/5x
Patentia(Patience) - Creator 9x/5x
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2011 10:29 AM by Lust.)
03-15-2011 08:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Suggestion for other way of zenny sink and some

Rachel worked because there was a raffle involved which also gave out items. Also, the access for both Rachel and Nameless depended on people buying the tickers. What you're suggesting is a pretty neat idea, but it needs a bit of tweaking here and there if you really want to generate interest.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
03-15-2011 08:43 AM
Lust Offline

Ah yes! There were a raffle and access for Rachel and Nameless.

I need people opinions especially to GM. They might have some ideas to tweak to make it more interesting. GM could just get the code from Rachel and add the auto announcement script.

Come on people. We need zenny sink!

Italic - rarely using it
None - haven't using it

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2011 08:56 AM by Lust.)
03-15-2011 08:55 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i think it's a swell idea. It's spiraling structure kinda make it seem like the nobility system and a little bit like the fairy auctions in a sense. And the idea of the whole server pooling in together for a brief amount of rate increase or somewhere along the line of global effects are also novel. +1 No1

though if i were to play devil's advocate, perhaps if it was structured into a weekly raffle it would be even more effective.
Example:
weekly raffle, 50k z per ticket.
if pool > = 1m, then rewards are 1 hatter card, 1 glove[1], 1 brooch[1], 10 GBs, and so on...
if pool reaches 10m, then rewards are 1 +10 comp bow[4], 1 +10 katana[4], DCA, jewelry box, and so on...
if > = 25m, then 1 +5 OAB, and so on...
if > = 50m, then ...
if > = 100m, then ...
and so on until 1 b (maybe more, depending on interest)

basically making the TOTAL, not individual (i.e. even the top), rewards worth as much or a bit more than 10m to draw interest -> server economy won't be damaged as it will effectively sink zeny whereas the abundance of equips won't infuse zeny directly into the economy.

the upward scale would sink zeny exponentially yet with enough range in-between it would make sure the house (HeRO's econ) never lose.

at 50k (maybe 100k?) per ticket, most not-so-active players would probably also be enticed to buy one ticket just for laughs or whatever.

perhaps have 5 (maybe up to 10) prizes up for grabs in each category.

again, nice idea, could be tweaked and should be relatively easy to do (raffle npc is basically already there).

-w-
03-15-2011 10:33 AM
Lust Offline

@mahawirasd: Weekly Raffles? Hmm, good idea but I find it is too short. Probably 2 weeks would be fine (though I prefer one month).

The question is: Should it be ticket like Jellopy Raffles? Or Free-for-all regardless of individual who donates or not.

The it would be possible good thing to increase exp rate every weekly raffle in order to make new players happy even they aren't donating anything. Someday, they will feel more generous to sink money for exp. Prolly?

Like this, increasing exp!

if pool > = 1m, then rewards are 1 hatter card, 1 glove[1], 1 brooch[1], 10 GBs, and so on... (Without increase exp)
if pool reaches 10m, then rewards are 1 +10 comp bow[4], 1 +10 katana[4], DCA, jewelry box, and so on...
if > = 25m, then 1 +5 OAB, and so on...
if > = 50m, then ...
if > = 100m, then ... (With x6/x5/x3 exp)
if >= 1b, then (With x7/x7/x4 exp)
and so on until 1000000000000 b (maybe more, depending on interest)

Italic - rarely using it
None - haven't using it

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2011 10:57 AM by Lust.)
03-15-2011 10:54 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i think the only way it would make sense is for it to only apply to ticket holders (thus having to donate x z for 1 ticket gets you into the pool). I like where you're getting at with the 100m+ rewards, and sure we can make it bi-weekly, but what say we have 250m and 500m points too, just to make that climb not too step?

oh and if it were applicable for 2 weeks rather than one, the rate increases should probably be on the 500m and 1b scale...

-w-
03-15-2011 10:33 PM
Lust Offline

Good input, could be better than my previous input.

And it seems only few people are interested in this crazy idea

Italic - rarely using it
None - haven't using it

03-17-2011 08:25 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

i just noticed this thread, as i am not entirely sure about the system, but sinking zeni for global rewards does sound epic. Also, wow, someone actually commented and improvised on a split ends post.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
03-17-2011 08:56 AM
Lust Offline

Oh, Split Ends? Hmm, never knew that. I just happened to had an idea popped out on my head instantly when I was on rachel sanctuary quest and reading what WorldGovernment's post.

And tadaaa! There goes my new (and crazy) idea.

Italic - rarely using it
None - haven't using it