Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PvP Spectator Mode
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

PvP Spectator Mode

Mara (which is a word meaning "demon" in Buddhism, but I've told you that =p ) reminded me of an idea I had a while ago.

I enjoy going into PvP to watch people fight.??Sometimes I go in to fight, myself.??However, when I go in just to watch, I hate it when people kill me.??Then, I can't watch people who go off my screen.??D:

Nowadays, when I warp in, I type, "I'm only a spectator, please don't kill me," and hit enter when I reach the stage... but that sometimes just puts a target on my back (Because "People" is the plural form of "stupid" - Thank you, Jens).

I know what PvP stands for and if I don't want to be atk'ed then I should stay out.??However, I feel I have the right to watch PvP and not be attacked.??So, if people want to be asshats and kill people for watching, then perhaps something like @spectator could turn off PvP for those who enter it.

Again... Intelligent responses only if you want to be taken seriously and treated like a mature person.??:o

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-16-2011 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

RE: PvP Spectator Mode

Why yes you have :D

Also i know what you are feeling, but i just cant seem to bring myself to say "yes, i love it" since the same right you feel, the feel they have the right to kill you, since its pvp and all.

But yes, it would be a good idea, IF and only IF, there was no way of turning it off inside the room or if the spectator was silenced (skill wise, since poking fun is a spectator's sport). If one of those two restrictions were possible, then yes, I'm up for the idea. Since people would just buff and not be hit or macro the command to dodge attacks, etc etc.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
03-16-2011 02:23 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Not sure why you feel like you're entitled to enter PvP and not be attacked. Care to explain the logic behind that?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-16-2011 02:28 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

If you can't take the heat don't go in the kitchen.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
03-16-2011 02:31 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Perhaps it could be an option given by the PvP warper.??You can set it to PvP or Spectator and change it when you want to do the other.??Maybe there could just be an area in the PvP rooms for spectators.

Azure, I feel respect is a right, not a privilege.??If I walk into PvP and tell everyone that I neither want to be attacked nor do I have the intention of attacking anyone, then I expect to be respected and not be attacked.
PvP is a spectacle - especially when it is full of people who really know what they are doing - and I enjoy watching it.??You don't go to a sporting event and expect to be put in the game, do you?
Likewise, when I go to PvP because I hear there are some really good battles going on; I go to watch, not participate.

Again, I know it is PvP and you enter at your own risk.??I also know that I am not the only one who enjoys watching PvP more than taking part therein.??And, I feel we should be considered.??:o

@Landon I redirect you to my last line of text in the OP:

Whispers Wrote:Again... Intelligent responses only if you want to be taken seriously and treated like a mature person.??:o

03-16-2011 02:38 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

No, just, no, nonononono, beyond stupid, didnt you read Jens sig? WHY go into PvP to not fight? Exactly as Albus and Landon said, if you can't go into PvP without prepared to die then don't even go in. I can't help but laugh at people who ask this, bitch about it in the PvP rooms (who then get pissed and come back, try to kill you and die again). Seriously. How long until you people start asking for WoE spectator or even better, remove WoE cause it's violent and everyone knows carebears don't like fighting?

Ffs leave our turf alone if you don't like it.
03-16-2011 02:48 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Quote:You don't go to a sporting event and expect to be put in the game, do you?

No, but I also pay to see the sporting event, and the people I am watching earn money because of that. If you pay me to PvP for your entertainment, I'll leave you alone 100% of the time.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-16-2011 02:54 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE:??PvP Spectator Mode

Anger problems much, Rankin?

Rankin Wrote:No, just, no, nonononono, beyond stupid, didnt you read Jens sig?

Whispers Wrote:(Because "People" is the plural form of "stupid" - Thank you, Jens)

I think I did.??Also, having spoken with you on more than one occasion, Rankin, I know I am a lot more intelligent than you.??So, don't call me stupid, okay?

Rankin Wrote:WHY go into PvP to not fight?

Whispers Wrote:PvP is a spectacle - especially when it is full of people who really know what they are doing - and I enjoy watching it.

Rankin Wrote:RAWRGARBL BS

Whispers Wrote:Again... Intelligent responses only if you want to be taken seriously and treated like a mature person.??:o

@Azure I never go to big league games for that reason.??I enjoy minor and little leagues.??It's free and good, clean, honest fun.??Just like in PvP (mostly).??<3

03-16-2011 03:03 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

You ask for intelligent responses?

GUESS WHAT. THERE ARE NONE 8D

Are you gonna toss that stupid excuse to anyone who doesnt agree with you?

Whispers Wrote:I think I did. Also, having spoken with you on more than one occasion, Rankin, I know I am a lot more intelligent than you. So, don't call me stupid, okay?

Whispers Wrote:However, I feel I have the right to watch PvP and not be attacked.
Stupid.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 03:06 PM by Rankin.)
03-16-2011 03:04 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Reasons like this is why I try to make super armors. have as close to 100 def/mdef as possible with as much resistances as I can muster and as much HP as I can get so that it's so much of a pain to kill me that people usually give up and go and attack other people.

This way, only crits (rarely seen in PVP), ice picks, Combat knives, Asura (shield reflect is always fun with this) and Acid Demo will be the only things that'll really be a threat. Also maybe brocca

This way, I can still watch PVP even if everyone in PVP is attacking me. And another plus, the way I like to play, it's a victory for me if they give up.

It's nowhere close to what you're suggesting, but It seems to me like people generally leave Peco Riders alone unless they're just messing around because they can be so annoying to kill sometimes. I prefer using Paladins because they have access to a skill that debuffs the strip status if people try to go that route.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 03:16 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
03-16-2011 03:05 PM