Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for stalker info
meeproar Offline

Question Looking for stalker info

Its been some time since I've played RO, and I've never played as a rouge/stalker. Ultimately I want to make a WOE/PvP Stalker, But I'm unclear on what that would entail (equipment, build, strategy, ect).

Are Marc cards still a must?
Should I invest in a bone plate, valk shied, spiked scarf...?
should I go Bow or dagger?

I'm not really sure of anything Mad
03-26-2011 04:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

RE: Looking for stalker info

marc cards are always a must. evil druid cards are great to have too. i personally prefer to have both

most prefer using the custom things on lower headgear, mainly backpacks, for 200 more weight to carry pots and things, but spiked scarf can help a lil.

a woe/pvp stalker is a status-inflicter and a gear-stripper, so whatever skill build gets strip weapon/etc/full strip and whatever stats help make that successful + a lot of vit. i don't pretend to know that much about rogue/stalker builds though

valk shields are great; bone plates are HELLA expensive on this server + it doesn't even work as it should yet, but otherwise if it's fixed, sure, invest in it if you get the money or in the guild that MvPs in nidhog

equipment can generally be things that add resists to medium or demi, +health (preferably by % unless your max hp just stinks) things, and a set of 4-slotted weapons spammed with status-inflicting cards

that's about as much as i know without going into guessing and being wrong ~_~

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
03-26-2011 11:28 AM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

oh okay then that's cool \o/

but hmm wouldn't it be more fitted to a sinx, who is a damage dealer, than a stalker who usually isn't?

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
03-26-2011 11:35 AM
meeproar Offline

Thanks I'll probably hold off on the plate and spend my zeny on a Valk Shield till I learn more.
03-26-2011 01:08 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Bone Plate is more for stalkers that are PvM oriented if its going to go on a Stalker.??Ideally it's best with bow users using BB.??

Anyway a stalker would be better off using Formal Suit, Valk Armor, or Glittering Jacket in WoE as far as armors go.??

Ideally in WoE you won't bother with bows, bows are absolutely useless.??Don't even focus on damage, focus instead on support and disablement.??Support with scouting using Linked Chase Walk, Close Confines, and Throw Stones.??Disablement comes in the form of copying Flying Side kick and removing traps.??Use curse arrow with FSK and curse people, for weapon use Cowardice Dagger till you can afford status daggers+Combat Knife.

You won't need Red Scarf in WoE, get a backpack for 200 more weight or spiked scarf for 2% demi human resist.??

General WoE Stalker build is this:

1-40 str : purely for holding more items
1 Agi : you don't need this that much personally
97-100 vit total : absolutely needed not get stunned and you'll be fine with outpotting Acid Demo at this point, and even more easily done with ranked pots+link
1-20 Int: Up to you if you want the SP or not I guess
99 Dex : Better stripping power
1 Luk : No need

Get Evil Druid and Marc, having both is so useful.??Use Wool/Tidal combo with Noxious and Green Ferus/Matyr till you can afford other better gear that gets you out of said combo.??Alligator Rosaries don't hurt either, but Alligator Waterdrop Brooches might be potentially more useful to you.??

That's about it on the WoE side, if you're trying to level, most say Bow is fastest and cheapest, but Dagger builds are pretty fast if you can take the time to get access to Mosco Dungeon.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2011 04:19 PM by Aaronock.)
03-26-2011 04:17 PM
micer Offline
I Burn Trees

Also, don't forget that a stat/skill reseter is available in this server. (i.e. level with a BB bow and then switch to support later on)

IGNs:
FlySwatter
Yorick
Roadkill
Black Hayate
and so on...
03-26-2011 06:21 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

The Reseter expects a hefty fee for his services, however.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
03-26-2011 07:28 PM