Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
server freezes my comp
Fabre Offline
Novangel

server freezes my comp

since the arrival of bg to the server. any where near half an hour before or after bg if i warp somewhere, butterfly wing or change screens it goes to loading screen loads to 100% then freezes that screen to my comp, it locks my comp disabling the start bar, the window button and all things except cntrl+alt+delete. which i have to do then manually shut down hero which is defined by tassk manager as unresponsive.

i know this isnt my comp or the internet str. this has been happening alot for awile. ive even frooze out of 2 bgs during the initial warp to it. i dont know if its a code problem, or what but my comp has all files where they go and runs smoothly, i have full bars for internet access. and this sorta thing never happend even when i didnt have great internet service, i am convinced it has something to do with the bg codeing, or some other custom im unaware of atm.

this is just mainly for the gms to read. since only they could fix where this problem comes from. (where ever it may be.) and i dont plan on anything to change anytime soon. ill just deal with the new loading freeze, for awile atleast. thanks.
luvs.

"Lady" Fabre, and the house of Luvs.
WS-96, LK-96, SL-97,
Wzd-89, Sge-93, HP-96,
Chmp-90, Rge-94, arch-96,
(@who2 fabre) if you need help with something.
http://www.pandoraonline.net/support/
^short cut,for support ticket^
04-08-2011 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Salt Offline

RE: server freezes my comp

You're not the only one who've had this problem, and we currently don't know what's causing it, but its not bg since we've had reports of this problem since way before bg was added in, I first heard about it last summer. It is a very rare problem (I've gotten reports about 3, maybe 4 players having the problem), so it is likely to be something client side. And even for those players it doesn't happen very often.

I agree that its not likely to be an internet problem, but rather some other program that you have running that is interfering with ro, or a problem with some file in the ro folder.

The only thing I can really suggest is that you try the usual things, reinstall heRO, reinstall/upgrade graphics card drivers, and close other programs that you have running at the same time. If any of that works please let me know. What operating system are you using? Was your install made with the full installer or with the mini installer on top of something else?
04-10-2011 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply