Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Simply crashes...
Barbs Offline

Simply crashes...

Hi!
Here is the deal.
Sometimes my game crashes with no apparent reason. It usually happens right after I switch from another window (say Firefox) and come back to the game. The game crashes and the computer shows that a graphic card error has occured. Sometimes the whole computer crashes, showing that disgusting blue screen and than shutting down.
I have a nVidia GT240M graphic card and I already tried two different versions of the driver and still have that problem. I use windows vista (I know it sucks!). And the game is installed from the full installer patch I downloaded last month (full-installer+BGM-100531) with no other ragnarok installation before this one.
My brother is having a simillar problem in another computer with a completely different hardware. But it's pretty rarer to happen with him.

It's also weird that the game doesn't take the configuration set on the "setup" file if I play through the patcher. I have to open the game from the heRO.exe file in the game folder. Also in the setup, I find two copies of my graphic card to choose from along with the Direct 3D.

Any suggestions?
04-11-2011 11:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Simply crashes...

Are you using Vista?
i'm experiencing more or less the same thing, so i reckon it's just Vista hating me...

i tried tinkering with various "compatibility mode"(s), but i can't seem to get it to adjust to full screen properly... so i dunno, guess i'll just have to suck up on all the money and resources lost on BG without getting at least the consolation exp and point Mad

-w-
04-12-2011 06:02 AM
Barbs Offline

RE: Simply crashes...

It's the nvlddmkm error that happens to me.
After some search I found this site wich can help a lot peopple having the same problem as I do.
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-F...ror/#step1

I still haven't tried these solutions because I have to study now... But it should help if someone else needs.
04-14-2011 06:26 PM