RE: I might come back.

I don't know who that is lol.
05-08-2011 09:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heartache Offline
Ménage à Trois <3

Im running RO on my Macbook Pro Icon_smile

I use Bootcamp which allows you to install multiple operating systems on the one computer. You can download it by searching it in Google, but apparently it is either a) already on the original mac install disks, or b) in the Utilities folder under Bootcamp. If you cant download / find it then let me know and ill hunt it down for you Icon_smile It isnt in beta anymore so you wont run into a single problem with it.

Second your gonna need a windows operating system. I had a look for you and the best I could find at the moment were these:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit from MyDigitalLife (worth a read if you choose this torrent.
Windows XP Home Edition from isoHunt.
Windows XP Professional SP3 from The Pirate Bay.

Use an image mounter to mount the .iso file that you'll most likely find inside the torrent you download, (assuming you don't have original windows disks somewhere lol)

Flash Mount 1.5.2 or Mount Me! x 2.0.5a.

Print this out because you will need it to follow important steps during the boot instalation, such as which portion to place the OS on and other stuff. The full guide (most important) is here.
Just follow the link to the Bootcamp Installation & Setup Guide.

By this stage you should have it all installed. Youll want to insert your origional Mac OSX disks into the newly installed Windows OS you're now running so that Mac can update all of its drivers and install anything else you'll need to play.

Hero Full Installer (1.7 GIG) is just here and the Mini Installer is here.

Hopefully we see you online, you have no excuses now Icon_biggrin
Need anymore help just pm me

[Image: 2zxz52r.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011 12:01 AM by Heartache.)
05-08-2011 11:59 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Heartache pretty much explained it already. On my version of mac (i believe its leopard) boothcamp was already present. All i had to do was follow the instructions on the screen, its really easy. A friend of mIne had a original windows cd serverpack 2 (serverpack 2 seemed to be a must in my case) and well we had it installed in less then an hour.

Basicly what boothcamp does is "splitting" (not literly) your disk in two, a windows part and a mac part. You can deside for yourself how much 'free' room you want to give to windows to use. When starting up your mac you have to hold the alt button and two harddisks will show up on your screen windows and mac. You can also switch them by restarting, if you do not hold the alt button when you start up, your laptop will automaticly go to mac.

A few tips i can gve you are:
- once you have windows get a good virus scanner (mac might be good against those but you will litterly have access to all windows virusses once you have installed windows on your mac)
- with that said, your files in mac intosh should be save even if yu will get a virus on your laptop on windows. This is because ou are not able to enter your mac intosh files while you are on windows (its basicly like you have 2 computers running into 1 and you can deside which on you wann work with at that moment).
- ironicly, dont ask me why, you can open and access your windows files when you are on your mac part (is nice if you want to get your screenshots if you ask me) however windows files/programs will not run on your mac by trying to open them on your mac. Copy the file and place it somewhere on your mac part (this to avoid programs who crash and burn after opening something direcly from windows, i tell you this out of experience, ive made my photoshop crash so much times by doing this).
- there is a program who will allow you to enter your mac files through windows but i do not recommand this due to the virus reasons. If you have this program viruses will be able to enter your mac part and that way they can do permanant damage.
- dont be suprised to see the time on either your mac or on your windows does not match the currebt time. Its a bug and i have no idea how to fix it, everytime i change the time on my mac to the current time, he will change it to +2 hours of the current time. So far this is the only bug ive been able to find.

Hope these tips will help you a bit and good luck with the installation, if you need any help Heartache and i can help you.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
05-09-2011 02:14 AM
Zeena Offline

Thanks for the help, you two!

I'm not sure if I want to expose my Mac to all of this, since it's really only suppose to be for educational uses. But I'll try on my PC, and if that doesn't work, I *might* try to DL it on this laptop.

Thanks again, and I'll see you guys in-game soon, hopefully!
05-09-2011 10:13 PM
Heartache Offline
Ménage à Trois <3

Bootcamp runs windows better than a PC does in most cases, and it doesnt mess anything up Icon_smile Bootcamp is a Mac endorsed application!

05-10-2011 01:56 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Sorry i scared you off a bit, i can tell you though i've been using boothcamp on my mac since i started playing here and that is almost 2 years ago. I've never had any problems so far with it Icon_smile as long as you keep windows from being able to enter you mac part it should be alright, i read on forums that if you happen to get a dangerous virus on your windows part you could just delete your windows part along with the virus from your mac. So i guess there not to much to worry about, i personally recommand Avast as virusscanner Icon_smile if you have any other questions Heartache and i are at your service haha.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
05-10-2011 02:30 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Macs > PCs.??Even if you're running Windows.??It's why Macs are more expensive and you can get a Windows PC for $100... Because they actually work. Macs, that is.??Laugh

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 02:38 AM by Whispers.)
05-10-2011 02:37 AM
WorldGovernment Offline
the ex-whiner

wb Icon_smile

Kageri Domina (xx/xx)- ranker-to-be taekwon

my internet service provider is worse than ****, please
flame it. "Wi-Tribe". thanks Laugh
05-10-2011 04:17 AM
Heartache Offline
Ménage à Trois <3

RE:??I might come back.

Whispers Wrote:Macs > PCs.??Even if you're running Windows.??It's why Macs are more expensive and you can get a Windows PC for $100... Because they actually work.??Macs, that is.??Laugh

Amen Icon_smile My lappy runs anything

05-10-2011 05:15 AM
Zeena Offline

Okay, well if that's the case, do I absolutely need the CDs? I really can't find mine anywhere..
05-10-2011 09:25 PM