Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
God Congress Sucks
Jubei Offline
Chairman

God Congress Sucks

Watch me First
Scroll down after watching

Ok, basicly, this is whats gong on in america today. Congress is planning to sever the net neutrality laws on the books and allow internet service providers what they want to be seen. They do this by allowing ISP's to charge websites a wholesome ammount of cash in order to have fast connections. Those websites who are unable to pay the ISP with any cash will be subdued with dail-up speed or worse. This means that even this website, our lovley forums, would be put down to like 4kbs speeds. Yeah, it sucks. Well, lets hope for the best =(

[Image: hl101.jpg]
07-15-2006 05:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: God Congress Sucks

Internet is probably the only media not controlled by the leaders of the world, it's no wonder they want to change that and gain more control over the people. I hope it can be prevented.

Icon_sad

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-15-2006 08:09 AM
Former-GM-Auron Offline
GM-Dolly supreme

RE: God Congress Sucks

Same here, currently the internet is one of the few, or most probably the only, media that is in our hands and not in the hands of the government. Really what they are trying to do is make more profit and control our actions in order for them to have more power and stay with that power for as long as possible. If they truly manage to do such a thing we could enter an era where all information is controled by the state and where lies reign has truth in every aspect of life.Icon_sad

But seeing how this would affect economie and destroy major buisnesses that are directly linked with the internet I think that we can expect big names to come with a vengence on this and do all in they're power to stop this from happening. Still we need to have the greatest number of people informed of this and unite to stop this from develloping into reallity.

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Kaoreii Wrote:auron-sama is the forum cleaner :D
Dolly Extrodinair, GM of Many sizes, and Forum Janitor =o
That's me. Icon_biggrin[Image: GM-Auron.gif]
07-15-2006 09:59 PM