Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oldschool Game Thread
Babolat3216 Offline
Geek in the Pink

Oldschool Game Thread

We've all had those times when we look at the games today and say "That doesn't have anything on *name of oldschool game*". Then when we look back, a flood of memories from our childhood or any significant part of our life is remembered, and we feel young and free again. Let's talk about games that have given us that feeling.

I'm really into RPGs. Final Fantasy, Persona, Ragnarok.. But what I've always loved when I was a kid was Pokemon. Back 10 years ago, Pokemon was everywhere, and it was the shit. Cards, TV Show, Movies, Toys, hell there's even a Pokemon Plane. But the game... It was teh sheet. Catching 150 Pokemon and training them all to 100 to be a Pokemon Master was a grueling task to do, and hey, everyone was doing it, so it was fun. That childhood and those memories were the best times of my life, coz everything felt so carefree, and there were no worries at all. Today, Pokemon has changed so much. I never missed a single version of Pokemon before Black and White, but I feel it'll never be the same.

But whatever. Every time I see that little yellow electric mouse, I remember the memories of a childhood that would never be forgotten. A childhood where we could reach for the stars and make dreams come true.

What about you? Icon_smile

If you need to me, look for Minato Arisato on main.
05-10-2011 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heartache Offline
Ménage à Trois <3

RE: Oldschool Game Thread

My parents bought me a chipped Playstation 1 when I was young and I played crash bandicoot, spyro and croc obsessively Icon_smile

[Image: neczteamgrobbkw1.jpg]
Still one of my favorite games of all time <3

edit: Omg im going to cry just hearing these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDzPfqfBAls

[Image: 2zxz52r.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 11:46 AM by Heartache.)
05-10-2011 11:32 AM
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

had a snes as a kid and used to play super mario kart with my dad and bro,
it was awesome and to this day the only video game my dad enjoys Evil

everytime i see someone play those lousy n64 or wii versions of this all time classic i curse the day our snes stopped working. Mad

most snes classics lost their uniqe spark when they went to 3d imho,
remember those fluff balls that made you dizzy on yoshis island?! No1 ,
"super" mario, donkey kong and link,we wont forget you Laugh

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
05-10-2011 04:38 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

i didn't have much to play with before but there're a few games that i still miss until today.

Spyro 2, Ripto's Rage
One of our first PS games. The music is pretty nice and most scenes are really funny. What's even funnier is when my brother first learnt how to swim in game. The camera angle turned so much that he actually vomit due to motion sickness.

Final Fantasy Tactics
I have nothing more to say other than bad ass. The story line battle is very difficult if you purposely don't train up your soldiers. So many hidden things and the complex story line even until today i'm not really sure about delita's influence in the war. Laugh
You really can't compare it with other strategy games, we can never be certain on who we will be facing against. The 11 monks(i only bring weak characters) and 5 calculators(i didn't have any status protection gear on or any healer in the battle that lasted for 1 full hour because i refused to be killed by a bunch of punks) battle scene still haunts me until today.

Tales of Eternia
I'm not really sure why i like it so much, it's just very addictive. 2P mode is fun, my bro plays and i assist. He always use Reid and i'd use either Keele of Meredy, he slice, i blast. I protect him, he ignores me.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
05-10-2011 07:53 PM
Heartache Offline
Ménage à Trois <3

RE:??Oldschool Game Thread

Demogorgon Wrote:had a snes as a kid and used to play super mario kart with my dad and bro,
it was awesome and to this day the only video game my dad enjoys Evil

everytime i see someone play those lousy n64 or wii versions of this all time classic i curse the day our snes stopped working. Mad

most snes classics lost their uniqe spark when they went to 3d imho,
remember those fluff balls that made you dizzy on yoshis island?! No1 ,
"super" mario, donkey kong and link,we wont forget you Laugh

*has a SNES emulator with 700 games* I play it every day <3
The wii is disgusting it will never replace this amazing console
[Image: Kirby_Superstar_SNES_ScreenShot1.jpg]
[Image: image95.jpg]

and of course...

[Image: meman719.jpg]

post pictures guys! I wanna see game covers for all these nostalgic games Icon_smile

[Image: 2zxz52r.jpg]
05-11-2011 03:14 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

i went home last month and surprised that my dad found some of my Nintendo cartridges. I cleaned the one i liked so much so well and improvised a little more blunt force, the next thing i have is pure fun of Darkwing Duck! It's easy now despite never defeating Steel Beak back then.
I miss my Castlevania(the first version) cartridge. I'd never beaten it once for the past 20 years. Mad

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
05-11-2011 06:51 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

[Image: tetris.JPG]

Nothing more to say

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
05-11-2011 12:33 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

I LOVE SNES <3

Sadly mine is broken ;-; NUUUU
I used to play Kirbi all day long with my little sister, and all the mario games we played on it ;-; *sign* i would give a foot to fix it D:
[Image: gen618.jpg]

Oh oh oh oh! Croc, omg xD I used to play that alot when i was younger, i never completed it lol... I always got annoyed by those stupid little Gobbos, always screaming to pick them up >.< I remember that my uncle always took some new games for us to play on our computer, everytime he would visit he would either bring us movies or games <33 Click because otherwhise it would strech the page

Or this game, i had it on my gameboy color in some 101 games in one game xD
[Image: PaperBoy.jpg]
Always lovely to trow the papers into windows or on humans <3 Its Paperboy~~

I bet some people will recognize this one xD
[Image: Roller-Coaster-1.jpg]

Pokemon <333 I started out with yellow for my gameboy and just like Minato said, it was never the same anymore after those simple yellow, red and blue versions ;-;

I feel like a little kid again xD Funny how my mom never complained when i used to play on my gameboy or on our computer just silly little games all day long but since we have internet all she does is nag about how much time i spend on the computer.. Yes mom internet is evil, it makes me meet new people *gasp*

EDIT: I think i just found the oldest game i've ever played, it was still on DOS haha... Cosmo, wow i played this like 12 years ago if not longer ago.. o_o
[Image: cosmo.gif]

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 02:40 PM by Kittie.)
05-11-2011 02:35 PM
Icy Offline
I can use Sight in RL!!!

[Image: Metal%20Combat%20-%20Falcon%27s%20Revenge.gif]

Super Scope was Crack back then

[Image: Space%20Harrier-1.png]

but i am a sucker for the sega mastersystem

However the oldest game i remember playing, and i was so effin young

[Image: Sesame-Street-Letter-Go-Round.gif]

Note i was like 3? Playing this on a commodore 64...with the Blue Screened MSdos setup

[Image: h6178ca9b.gif]

Icy- 99/70 HP
Super Icy- 99/99 Super Novice
MSG. Icy- 92/70 Gunslinger
.Icy.- 83/52 champ
:Icy:- 79/50 blacksmith
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 03:22 PM by Icy.)
05-11-2011 03:18 PM
shadowblessing Offline

RE:??Oldschool Game Thread

Kittie Wrote:I bet some people will recognize this one xD
[Image: Roller-Coaster-1.jpg]

Roller coaster Tycoon was awesome! I still play it sometimes
05-12-2011 03:59 PM