Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BGs Item List
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE: ??BGs Item List

Gojira Wrote:Now stop trying to change subject comparing official skill to custom unbalanced items.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2011 02:56 PM by Gojira.)
06-30-2011 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Andaroo Offline

RE:????BGs Item List

Icon_sad my original post was a joke but I guess I should get serious before people start trying to cut my throat off.

Merellis Wrote:Okay, this might be fault for joining the conversation in this thread. But the topic that concerns the BG gear list right now is the fact that the Soul Linker can get upwards of 90%+ reduction from everyone in the castle while avoiding FC/Freeze and being able to High Jump away from Web/Strip/CC/Whatever. Give them an emp dagger and you have yourself a hilarious breaker.

If you want to continue a debate between Trans and Non-Trans, make a new thread and let this one get back on topic.

I'm just trying to say that this imbalance exists in non-trans already in a much larger scale. I guarantee you that 5-6 crusaders with 100 vit and full reducs can rush into the emp room with FCP, easily tank all the damage being done and break the emp so much easier than doing it with 10 soul linkers who have half the aspd and do less damage.

I completely recognize the difference between trans and non-trans woe. Before trans was implemented, woe strategy was completely different. It was fully recognized that tanks couldn't be killed quickly in the emp room, so the entire procedure of defending was one of stalling for as long as possible. The guild defended at the castle entrance for as long as possible until they were overrun, flagged back to the first room, defended there, went back to the preemp, defended there, and then finally the emp room was the last place they wanted to defend at. In those days, emps were actually HARD to break, and the occasional sin or rogue that snuck through could be picked off by a few people stationed in the emp room.

With trans classes, the strategy completely changed. Sinxes could break an emp ridiculously fast, stalkers could get through unnoticed, and killers could dish out damage fast enough that tanks couldn't take. Not to mention that an entire guild could bypass your defense in the preemp and recall into your emp room.

So we have this idea of a linker that can take ridiculous amounts of damage and hop around the emp room at will. I agree this is pretty annoying. It'll definitely be able to tank a few ADs and Asuras, and it might take a lexed asura or EDP SB to take it down in one hit. Although it'll certainly help break trap-lines, I think the idea of it tanking a precast by itself is a bit of an overstatement. 92% reduc is a big jump from 68%, but it's also true that linkers will only have 11k hp whereas LKs and pallies have over 22k and get the bonus hp regen from pots as well. Of course, even with this considered the linkers will still have a significantly better chance of tanking damage, which makes me inclined to agree that the current increase is a bit overpowered compared to trans classes. But for the sake of argument, why not, lets say they do get implemented with 92% reducs.

With cranial,FB,raydric and CK, my pally takes about 19k per asura from a well equipped champ. Of course, the new BG set will give me more reducs, but the pvp fist also gives champs +95% damage to demi-human. The extra 35% damage should more than cover the -70 attack a trip bloody lunakaligo (never played a pvp champ, but I'm supposing that's what they use). I don't want to bother with calculations but lets just suppose the extra 11% reduc cancels out the +35% damage - 70 attack (I'm not wearing the muffler because I want to keep raydric on).

So i have 61% reduc + raydric, and the linker has 92%. I took 80% of 39% damage=35ish%, whereas the linker will take 8% damage. This means asura will deal 8/35 of 22k on a linker, which is roughly 5k. So with these numbers an asura will take out a little less than half of a linker's HP. With the current way woe is structured, killing one would be have to take something like a champ with sp song waiting for someone to cancel the kaupe, then asura while a priest lexes simultaneously. Annoying as hell and practically impossible.

But suppose some magic fairyland guild had 4-5 bragi'd pallies with lvl 10 pressure (2.5 hits from pressure = 1 asura with my current numbers, and pressure ignores kaupe), all spamming it on a soul linker. If the soul linker is just jumping around like crazy it would be pretty hard to kill, but then it wouldn't be doing much either. However, if it gets anywhere near the precast it will be downed in a couple seconds. I'm not stupid--pressure pally is a stupid build and no guild has 5 of them. BUT, if SLs were implemented with these ridiculous reducs, they would suddenly become valuable in the precast. Thus woe would change somewhat dramatically, but woe goes on! Just like how woe changed dramatically when trans classes were implemented. I'd also like to add that the pressure pally idea just came to me randomly, and if these SLs were actually implemented I'm sure smarter people could think of more efficient ways to kill them (maybe just stone cursing them in a corner somewhere and waiting for their FCP to wear off).

Characters:
Endu~ - Paladin
Andaroo - Sniper
Andrew? - Champ
AnAn - Alch
GimU - Crusader
Gim. - Star Gladiator
Sir Endu - Knight
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2011 07:31 PM by Andaroo.)
06-30-2011 06:01 PM
Kroms Offline

RE: BGs Item List

Leaving this whole discussion behind cause we all know the Soul Linker accesory is just dumb, lets move on to whats important: the god damn gears.

Its been a while now since the list came out and we have seen pretty much nothing new, most of the BG are being cancelled nowadays. Now you only see like 2~3 people there signing up for BG and my guess is people got tired of waiting for the gears to come out and waste their supplies which could be saved for WoE instead.

We have been waiting for a whiiileee now for the gears to come out, but I dont really expect them to come out anytime soon Icon_sad it took what 2~3 months just to anounce the gear list? my guess is it will take another 3 months for the list anouncing the points needed for each gear, and finally another 2 months for the gears to come out. But I really hope my predictions are wrong cause it would suck to get those gears by almost the end of December so please GMs speed up this process, we would really apreaciate it.

Kroms : Clown
Lavoisier : Creator
Chapo : Whitesmith
Irra  : Assassin Cross
-Kroms-  : Champion
07-01-2011 01:17 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Not letting it go. If you want to one-shot a 92% reduction soul linker with 9.5k HP you need (not counting anything other than demi resist - like assumptio, ele resists, etc) to dish out 118750 base damage OUTSIDE of WoE...

Which means in WoE, coming from a skill, you're looking at a base damage of 197916 to take down one extended class character in one shot.

ROFL

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
07-01-2011 02:09 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

Aside from all the crap about OP SLs I would like to see some changes done to the BG axes considering a lot of Whitesmiths do BG and that the weapon is pretty much useless to them. Maybe add some more attack or something :o

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
07-02-2011 02:11 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE:??BGs Item List

azurerogue Wrote:Not letting it go.??If you want to one-shot a 92% reduction soul linker with 9.5k HP you need (not counting anything other than demi resist - like assumptio, ele resists, etc) to dish out 118750 base damage OUTSIDE of WoE...??

Which means in WoE, coming from a skill, you're looking at a base damage of 197916 to take down one extended class character in one shot.??

ROFL

B???>2 Meg MVP Champ plx

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
07-02-2011 10:11 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: ??BGs Item List

Gojira Wrote:B???>2 Meg MVP Champ plx

Totally justifies 92% resist SL! No1
But in all seriousness, I explained earlier why its not just broken only in WoE, but in PvM too, please keep this in mind GM's when making this gear!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-02-2011 10:30 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about WoE semantics and all, but wouldn't it be a bit better to make people /need/ to work together for an exceptionally long fight instead of just, focusing on a single hit kill?

But then again I can see the issue. Not everyone will achieve the full BG+other gearing to do so.

/shakes head/ Just seems a clusterfuck to me, one that'll be a pain in the ass to deal with.

Just make a few BG accessories that are somewhat stable and leave it be.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
07-02-2011 12:15 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Or stop making custom accessories to make extended classes more powerful. They're novelty/specialty classes - let them stay that way. Or else treat SNs the same way: "What? HW can out-damage a SN? Let's add Custom Accessory X for SNs that gives +100% MATK, and 35% MDEF Bypass!"

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
07-02-2011 07:57 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Said accessories, generally, might I add. Rather than all the crazy stuff for each class.

Or if possible, make things only usable in BG. Then it could be decent..?

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
07-02-2011 11:12 PM