Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BGs Item List
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: BGs Item List

I guess my main confusion is in regards to why the heRO staff seems so constantly afraid of BG-related stuff. Do you think the gears will break the game? If so, making them harder to get is NOT a form of balance. In fact it would only serve to make the imbalance more noticeable.

Making items rare / difficult to obtain is not balancing them. If you have issues with the BG gears then customize them (even though I don't like that route either) - but please don't make me wait for a year to get the weapon I want for my final build just because I have a job and go to school and like to do things away from my computer!

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
07-03-2011 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE:??BGs Item List

Gojira Wrote:5% is still too much on the black belts, just remove that crap, it's imbalanced. 68% demi-human resist is already going to be hardcore tanky, these accessories are just too much.

You guys are going to hate 3rd class for the Crusader if Hero ever implements it. Double thara shield + Feather Beret = 70% Demi Human Resist XD That's just with three things. You still have possible Armor, Mid and Lower Headgear, Footgear, Garment, and two accessories.

Really...Thara should be nerfed as well at this point just cause of all the complaints listed here and for future issues.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
07-03-2011 08:33 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

If this server gets renewal i'll quit

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
07-03-2011 09:06 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i have a vested interest in this discussion, so this might not be the most objective argument, but i still think albus has raised an important issue that needs to be discussed a bit more.

Sure we can say that certain accessories are "good" enough for their draft pricetag because they need no upgrading, are quite OK on their own, and some can be comboed for even better results.

however, some of the 'lesser' armors/equips might be a bit too pricy that i fear what would happen in the end is just people piling up certain "optimal" items rather than having a real calculation regarding their benefit-cost ratio in getting those other items that are actually viable but either needs upgrading to actually become optimal or just not worth it if it's too pricy.

imho we should aim for a 2-month achievement time rather than 4 by assuming people can BG 2-3 times a day. Anything under that frequency can be written off as either pure bad luck or laziness, but still i think if a person perseveres through 2 months of arduous scheduling, she/he is entitled to some proper gears.

-w-
07-04-2011 12:34 AM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE: ??BGs Item List

Snowhawk Wrote:?Double thara shield

I don't remember anywhere where I saw Royal Guards confirmed to wear double shields, those were rumors back then.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
07-04-2011 02:48 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

I played a server that had them, I believe they did infact use double shields

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
07-04-2011 03:57 AM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

I suppose it was a custom, as I am not able to do it on RMS.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
07-04-2011 06:23 AM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

It wasn't custom. I played two servers that had it and they hadn't touched any of the Classes until they were done adding them in. Until then we got to see how broken most were without the proper mechanics to back them up.

Double Cross Shield + Shield Boomerang was complete rape.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
07-04-2011 01:00 PM
Zabu Offline

btw points required for gears are too many in my opnion,

u considered the "top 10" but there are players that play like 4 bg per day since 4 months that's why they have 2k+ points....

right now i can only join 1 fight per day cuz the others get cancelled cuz we r always 3 4 ppl....

so for example to get 2 glorious rings u need to play more than 1 year...
i dont even know if ill be alive??in 1 year >.<

then if u want something else u will need lot of more time...
1200 pts are like 200 winning fights, let's say u win atleast 1 fight per day, u need 200 days + 10m zeny + pots wasting...... but no one here is god so u will need more time, more zeny and pots ._.

so in the end, please consider what i said and may change points requireed for BG gears =x
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2011 01:58 PM by Zabu.)
07-07-2011 01:50 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

RE:??BGs Item List

Zabu Wrote:but no one here is god

Challenge Accepted.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
07-07-2011 10:57 PM