Poll: Do you think GM-12 is doing a good job as a heRO Game Master?
Yeah, she/he rocks.
I like this GM, but I haven't seen this GM doing much for the community...
His/her events are not bad, but i don't see alot of it.
I don't see him/her online really often.
She/he keeps ignoring me all the time.
I don't think this person is a good GM for the heRO community.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GM-12 : Players evaluation
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

RE:????GM-12 : Players evaluation

Manifus Wrote:
SwiftStrike Wrote:Goodnight all, had fun, still waiting for that PM neo. Ingame too! Icon_wink

Huh?

And back on topic, have you actually stated real reasons for your vote? or is it jsut because of special treatment or what not? please elaborate :O

waiting for the pm ingame to elaborate neo, its personal to you Icon_wink no one else ;D

-Night

[Image: seifer.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2006 12:24 AM by SwiftStrike.)
07-24-2006 12:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: ????GM-12 : Players evaluation

SwiftStrike Wrote:
Manifus Wrote:
SwiftStrike Wrote:Goodnight all, had fun, still waiting for that PM neo. Ingame too! Icon_wink

Huh?

And back on topic, have you actually stated real reasons for your vote? or is it jsut because of special treatment or what not? please elaborate :O

waiting for the pm ingame to elaborate neo, its personal to you Icon_wink no one else ;D

then maybe you should send me a pm because I dont know what the heck your talking about XD

07-24-2006 12:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-12 Offline

RE: GM-12 : Players evaluation

I've hesitated a lot before posting a reply here. In fact I don't even know if that's right to argue in my own poll but I feel like I needed to clear some points. I'm not all that good to express myself in english so I really hope it won't make this topic worse than it is. I have been told by some close friends who voted against me that their decision was based upon what they have heard. Some things you are saying about me are misunderstandings while some others are so typically me. I could have avoided a part of that fight by explaining who I really am but since I am a really shy person, I never really felt the need to introduce myself anywhere on the forum or the server.

First of all, my role on the server. It's true that I am making a map. Not an elaborated one really because I am truly not an artist. My main occupation though, is scripting. The map is just to put that script in. I was working on some sort of automated colosseum event as suggested somewhere on the forum. Truth is, it is not done yet because eathena's script has some "random" behaviors. I know a lot of the people on heRO can code so let me say one thing: that scripting language is a nightmare. Not documented like C, php or even x86 assembly language, some functions are deprecated (i.e. aren't recognize by the server anymore and they never tell you that anywhere on the forum) and some features are not really compatible together (i.e. usage of timers may cause the script to not recognize the player who actually called the script). I have learned all that the hard way, keeping Ben late at night to debug the script or find some new solutions. I know some people took a look at that scripting language so I know I am not speaking for nothing, I know Motoko gave it a try and Marivel already coded a decent script so I hope at least someone can understand my headaches. I am usually in-game when I am about to physically damage my computer of too much non-working scripting.??I did not tell anyone about that script because I know softwares are 90% of the time delayed and that is just what is happening to me too.??The script is probably about halfway done, registering players, summoning monsters, warping people with timers, detecting death but no ranking system is implemented yet. I hope to be finished soon, before the end of summer hopefully. I took the decision not to use my GM anymore until a decision have been taken by the main GMs according to the poll results since my GM created the most controversy. I really don't know if I'll be launching that script if ever I am evaluated as an incompetent GM but at least I'll try not to make the server worse than before. I am really sorry that I was perceived as a brainless gm just goofing around the server, which I probably was when in-game. GMs seemed to have agreed creating me a GM character mainly because people were saying there were no really active GMs: I was active and I was clever enough to help people with problems online. I did help a lot of people in-game but I never did any events (in fact I've always stated I am not an event GM) and I seem to spend too much time online according to some people. This resulted me in chatting with people when they were leveling in biolab or seals and making me look whether like a funny or a stupid GM depending on your seriousness.

Just to reassure you, I did not corrupt the server. I may not be serious at all and that probably bother a lot of you but I never gave away any item or never used my GM powers to level anyone. I did joke about my powers with my friends for sure and that may have disturbed you. For example, I did joke with SPIEGEL in pvp, publicly, about borrowing him my GM clip, thing I have not actually done. Asking GMs for free items is a thing I didn't know was that common. The seriousness of some request really surprised me a lot and I learned to joke about it. That probably doesn't excuse me at all though, that kind of joke was probably innapropriate.

About the cloning thing, at first I was cloning my friends only, maybe I went too far with that. I remember having cloned some low-level characters with the thought that they were still actively leveling and that their hp was to change a lot anyway. Second day though, I was asking for people if they wanted to be cloned. I remember Ben asking Kaede if he wanted to be cloned because a lot of people wanted him summoned, simply Kaede replied a "no" and we respected that. I remember doing the same for Melody, she replied something like "I don't care" so I summoned a bunch of her to make people happy.??I don't remember having cloned Kaede or sirona but my memory is not that good and the most I can do for now is asking to forgive me.

I am sorry for other things like interfering with ankle snares, it would have been the same if I would have been in @hide, not a clickable cell to trap, except you wouldn't have noticed it was me. I probably shouldn't have been so "visible" when looking out for that so called bug though??but I didn't want to look like I am not doing anything since that bug created already a lot of discussion. Another bad decision on my part I guess. I am sorry for copying characters too, as stated, I thought it was funny and I saw other GMs doing it too. You could have told me at that moment, I am not there to annoy people either.

About my language now... the only real advice Ben told me when making me a GM was to not use that ":@" when not talking to my friends, expression which I am really abusing. I did continue to use that emote with my friends since I didn't know it bothered that much either. If I did seem angry when doing my GM's job with people I never talked too, I am really sorry for that, it probably just slipped off my mind. It is really just a reflex for me to do that emote when I am joking. I am aware it looks rude and that makes me look quite immature.

I am overall just sorry that my GM experience was not all that appreciated, I hope you can just all forget about me now that I am gone if I was that much of a nuisance. :$
07-24-2006 02:20 AM
Vitor Offline
i'm not an emo...and a monkey

Don't leave T_T

[Image: kinght3sm.png]

"Não me entrego sem lutar tenho ainda coração, não aprendi a me render que caia o inimigo então."
07-24-2006 02:46 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Quote:I am usually in-game when I am about to physically damage my computer of too much non-working scripting.

XD if that were true your computer wouldn't be working anymore, you were ingame all the time, either chatting in town, chatting in dungeons, or pissing people off. Or just yelling at ben to come play with you.

Quote:For example, I did joke with SPIEGEL in pvp, publicly, about borrowing him my GM clip
In pvp? I remember seeing you do it in pront, but you did it in pvp too? wow, how interesting.

Quote:I remember having cloned some low-level characters with the thought that they were still actively leveling and that their hp was to change a lot anyway.
For some reason this seems very doubtful that you'd consider peoples hp before even using the command. Then summoning gm clones when you had gm clips on wasnt very bright either, but sure, your a new gm, so you might not consider your actions at first. Although your whole becoming a gm process in the first place is questionable. And Oh no, it'd be awful if ben decided to take revenge again for revealing such things about his beloved girlfriend :O Although he doesnt seem the only one to love you :O

[Image: screenheroserver660df6.jpg]
[Image: screenheroserver661fi8.jpg]

07-24-2006 02:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DaN!eL Offline
Ebil !!

neo, uhh, u are really creeping me out now...
07-24-2006 03:38 AM
Reis Offline
Skyhigh

lalala i dont care if u dont careee lalala since when did YOU think i care that you dont care lalala? I can speak my mind jus as everyone on this forum can. You say you dont care, but you get so worked up when someone says they have an opinion about you.

Psst, now hes gonna say that he never said I cant speak my mind when he basically said "I dont care so shut up" Icon_lol

You defend GM 12 right? I defend Ultima. Are you GM 12? I wouldnt be suprised. Hope you dont mind that I didnt read your "novels" that you posted. You said goodnight, but you seem to be the type that runs back and wake everyone up after 2 mins later.
07-24-2006 05:56 AM
Avery Offline

My Comments:
Well i think she a nice GM overall. She sometimes does the feature @go prince or something like that of GM. Which goes were i am.. So its kinda freaky...
But i haven't seen her do anything. just stalk me and become REALLY small...???

Prince - 98/50 Monk
07-24-2006 07:37 AM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

RE:??GM-12 : Players evaluation

K neo I'll msg you as soon as I see you on Icon_cool

Reis Wrote:lalala i dont care if u dont careee lalala since when did YOU think i care that you dont care lalala? I can speak my mind jus as everyone on this forum can. You say you dont care, but you get so worked up when someone says they have an opinion about you.

Psst, now hes gonna say that he never said I cant speak my mind when he basically said "I dont care so shut up" Icon_lol

You defend GM 12 right? I defend Ultima. Are you GM 12? I wouldnt be suprised. Hope you dont mind that I didnt read your "novels" that you posted. You said goodnight, but you seem to be the type that runs back and wake everyone up after 2 mins later.

If you didnt care to read then, theres no need to respond to this. I'm tired of quotes. I'm not GM 12 and I responded to a post that came about a minute later, as you can see I didn't wake up every 2 minutes, pretty smart comment dont you think? You see I'm not like you or your guild and by the way I had a good sleep after that post too, waking up to some ignorant post was what I thought would happen, but not as ignorant as this. So as you didn't care to "read" my "novel". I dont care to let you "speak" or at least "Listen" to your ignorant mind. It's just being fair afterall. Thank you.

I'm done with this topic, believe me, I wont post again, its getting to a point where people can't read, or use common sense(101). Icon_lol

Reis Wrote:Psst, now hes gonna say that he never said I cant speak my mind when he basically said "I dont care so shut up"

Good one.

[Image: seifer.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2006 12:13 PM by SwiftStrike.)
07-24-2006 07:46 AM
Keele Zeibel Offline
Craymel Engineer

It may not be my place to point it out, but I think it must be done.

Every once of your ruling power has been taken when you voted. I understand that you may want to express your opinions more fully, but this is getting out of hand. The GM team will take a decision one way or another, and we should let them do it. Bottom line is, we should have fun, I think we are all here for a bit of that, and carrying on arguing will, to my point of view, break more things that it can solve.

I understand that some of you will not share this opinion, and it's okay, I just tought it needed to be pointed out.

"DEX? The way I cast, we don't need... dex."

[Image: a43c4aeo7.gif]

Keele Zeibel, professor   89/57
Melvin,         whitesmith 99/69
07-24-2006 10:14 AM