Poll: Do you think GM-12 is doing a good job as a heRO Game Master?
Yeah, she/he rocks.
I like this GM, but I haven't seen this GM doing much for the community...
His/her events are not bad, but i don't see alot of it.
I don't see him/her online really often.
She/he keeps ignoring me all the time.
I don't think this person is a good GM for the heRO community.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GM-12 : Players evaluation
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: ??GM-12 : Players evaluation

Lance Wrote:
Lance Wrote:Tank! Buffs! Heal! zomg-ness!!!

I SAID IT FIRST!!! :X[/size]

yeah, but I hinted at it *pokes* sneaky sneaky!

07-24-2006 03:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lance Offline
Dragon Lance - Hiya! Normal People!

RE:????GM-12 : Players evaluation

Manifus Wrote:
Lance Wrote:

T_T *Bites Neo's finger(assuming he's poking me with a finger O.OIcon_wink* **runs away, just incase ryx posses Neo and bites me back...again** /swt
07-24-2006 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: ????GM-12 : Players evaluation

Lance Wrote:
Manifus Wrote:
Lance Wrote:

T_T *Bites Neo's finger(assuming he's poking me with a finger O.OIcon_wink* **runs away, just incase ryx posses Neo and bites me back...again** /swt

Not finder silly, sharp pointy stick! Thats the pest way to poke people >:D

07-24-2006 07:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lance Offline
Dragon Lance - Hiya! Normal People!

RE:??????GM-12 : Players evaluation

Manifus Wrote:
Lance Wrote:
Manifus Wrote:
Lance Wrote:

Not finder silly, sharp pointy stick! Thats the pest way to poke people >:D

BOO! >:l *runs away with scissors in his hand* **throws a killer marshmellow at Neo** ***continues scissor&hand activity***
07-24-2006 07:17 PM
Yuukino Offline
Random Kat

RE: GM-12 : Players evaluation

I have not much to say. She seems very fine to me even though I haven't seen her much. But I don't play often... I usually play during my lunch break Icon_razz

Be realist and demand the impossible!
Sorsha - High Priestess - 85/55
[Image: tabidatiks60ba1.jpg]
07-24-2006 08:34 PM
Former-GM-Aegis Offline
Judge Master Ægis

Lets stop 'assuming' things and return to the facts.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
07-25-2006 08:30 AM
Hina Offline

From What I have seen by my eyes alone,
GM-12 is nice player, and always willing to help other players who need it.I've never seen this gm judge anyone, or be judgemental in anyway.
Thats my two-cents here.
07-25-2006 08:17 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'd like to ask everyone to please stay on topic, your personal wars with other players have no place here. This topic is to discuss GM-12 only.

As for my own opinion, I have not seen anything constructive out of this GM, but I'm glad to notice that some players seem to have, I'd be happy if they would express themselves with reasons as to their choices, rather than a simple "she roxors". Same goes for people who would say "she soxors", we want reasons/comments/feedback to back your liking or disliking of GM-12.

We are looking for constructive critisism, either positive or negative.

Regarding the commands; the current level of GM-12 allows her many commands, the fact that @levelup is not one of them is not very pertinent since she has many other commands such as @item and has access to Ben's computer, and to our highest level GM which has all commands. Hypothesis on what she *could* do are not the issues here, the topic is relevant to what she *did* do. So don't spread any false rumors or insinuate anything, if you saw something tell us, otherwise I don't see any point in extrapolating on "what if".

Regarding scripting; I would suggest starting with a simpler code for a first script if the current idea seems too hard (no one asked for perfection or some grandiose revolutionary work), timers are advanced fonction and to top it off, they are somewhat disfunctional, or so I have read. Here are links for RO scripters:
http://kismet.files.deltaanime.net/script_commands.html

Regarding her task description or her work; I'm also curious to know what a "technical gm" is, I think we all want to be enlightenned regarding that. As for support/event (even tough they are not her fonction) there is a section, hidden to players, called "sub-GM" where they are supposed to post their respective work, all other sub-GMs post there with what it is they do. I have not seen a single post from GM-12.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-31-2006 05:04 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

My comment is I agree with pandora stay on track because all I see is flames between the Angel/chaos alliance and genesis. I'm sort of dissapointed with this thread/poll I agree completly with the poll but the comments here are starting to piss me off. Yes to clarify Gm-12 has done some cloning things including making clones of me wich I didn't really mind but about the hit point thing well put it this way get over it ppl have fought other ppl and you start to get a feel for how much hp they have who cares about the exact level and if someone kills you its definetly not because they know your hit points its because/omg I'm doing it to /sigh. back to the gm 12 revue well I have recieved buffs from Gm-12 in PRONTERA but other then that nothing really to help me level there was a case of buffing me in bylan but I was fighting marina's wich is like impossible to level off of but despite all this I beleive she is a caring gm that is doing a good job no I don't say that because of the buffs I say that because I have seen her do some good things like answering questions and banning bots and also heard her scripting woes wich means she was working hard and its just sad to not see it apreciated but yes I have heard of the gm 12 helping genesis in bio's and seriously that is wrong if it actually holds truthful but rly a buff here and there makes a small difference only plus genesis does have priests so who really cares! BEyond this long post all I can say is your doing a good job Gm-12 just don't get lost on the way to finishing

Sigh sadly reading this. Sekaru signing out

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
08-09-2006 01:07 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I said I have not seen anything constructive from this GM and I maintain that opinion. I would like it to be otherwise, but it's not.

As far as I know, Aegis told her that cloning is unstable and can cause problem and she kept on doing it afterwards. Also, she should have asked players before doing it. A GM's job might seem like a do-everything-you-want cause you're the boss kinda job, but it's the opposite, you have to be extra careful of all the things that you do because you are a GM. You got to mind what you say and try as best as you can to set a good example.

I think that's one of the reason most GMs play legit characters as well, sometimes we need to get away from it and just be a regular person that other players don't flock to or love just because they are GMs.

Buffs are perfectly acceptable, as long as one does not favor some people over others all the time. When I do a round of buffs, I buff everyone (save for high priest because they usually find it stupid XD). Buffing only your friends makes for unfairness and others don't like it, with reason.

Answering player's question is a must, I actually have heard that when online she did not answer players with problem, but cannot confirm this myself. A GM should never ignore a player, at least if the GM cannot help with the problem he/she can direct the player to other GMs or suggest them to enter a support ticket.

Banning bots is important. It's the first time I hear that 12 has banned any bots. If she has done so, she failed to report it in the ban section, as GMs are supposed to do.

As a GM team, we didn't set much rules, because we didn't find them to be necessary, we all know what's acceptable and what's not, just basic logic really. With GM-12, we now have to state stuff that seems obvious to us. In addition, she barely speaks to other GMs beside Ben. She ignores me the most for personal reasons which creates extra tension. I don't feel she is trying to become part of the team, rather she does her own stuff and hide behind Ben, whom in return ignores the rest of the GM team as well, probably because it's more convenient.

*Sighing sadly as well*

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-09-2006 08:58 AM