Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

RE: Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please

((to in a field)) Hell yeah!

((to song spam)) Who spams bragi in a town? You spam Apple, because Bard Heal is fun =D

((to the solution))
/sound
I find most of the game sfx really really really really really really really REALLY annoying on their own (especially in combat or any situation where people can/will spam), and find that they drown out the music (which is about 87% good) waaaay too much to be worth it.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2011 04:37 PM by ABlueJelly.)
06-15-2011 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ange Offline

If the people around you are annoying, tell them to can it. If they refuse, go somewhere else.
06-15-2011 05:58 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please

Sharpay Wrote:So people can't brew or forge in town? They have to be in a field?
Technically, forging is a passive skill, you have to use an item to even get the forging windows to pop up. And I don't think anything (aside from disabling items in town (which IMO would be overkill) would stop a forger from forging in town aside from the fact priests can't bless or gloria.

Actually Fireworks could be used to annoy. Why not ban them? Or Rubber bands! Someone call the CIA! Joe has many weapons of Mass annoyance!
06-15-2011 06:10 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:Sometimes people (mostly bard and dancer) just spam skill like bragi or such out of nowhere and make lot of anoying noise...
And seriously, is anoying...
can GM make a clear rule(s) about this kind of thing?

[Image: tumblr_lkueo1F7oq1qijk0po1_500.gif]

And this is why I quit. Come back for a couple days and the stupidity got worse. How the f*** does this happen?

Get a lobotomy please.
06-15-2011 07:07 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE: ??Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please

The Legendary Joe Wrote:Technically, forging is a passive skill, you have to use an item??to even get the forging windows to pop up. And I don't think anything (aside from disabling items in town (which IMO would be overkill)) would stop a forger from forging in town aside from the fact priests can't bless or gloria.

Actually Fireworks could be used to annoy. Why not ban them? Or Rubber bands! Someone call the CIA! Joe has many weapons of Mass annoyance!

You missed one.

Also you're the one who just said to ban skills in town lol. Also theres a reason some people choose to not hang out in prontera, which as a side note is NOT the ONLY town in the game.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
06-15-2011 07:08 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:????Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please

Shikari Wrote:
The Legendary Joe Wrote:Technically, forging is a passive skill, you have to use an item??to even get the forging windows to pop up. And I don't think anything (aside from disabling items in town (which IMO would be overkill)) would stop a forger from forging in town aside from the fact priests can't bless or gloria.

You missed one.

Also you're the one who just said to ban skills in town lol. Also theres a reason some people choose to not hang out in prontera, which as a side note is NOT the ONLY town in the game.
I didn't think I was being serious. I know the popular opinion goes against it and I know banning skills in towns would hurt some peoples gaming experiences, namely that they can't buff at the healer or use warp portals in towns anymore.

And at the very beginning I said I didn't see how song spamming hurt or hindered people's game play experiences, and I sorta took it from there.
06-15-2011 08:19 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

I guess >:c you still missed a parenthesis though.

06-15-2011 09:25 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

meh... pharmacy and forging and such only got less than 2sec sfx..

but for music? its more than 10 sec...
and when u spam em?? its not even a music anymore.. it just some random annoying noise...

Ange Wrote:If the people around you are annoying, tell them to can it.??If they refuse, go somewhere else.

this case is kinda same like...
people vend next to the banker/healer in pront... its annoying and hindering u...
but there's still some other banker/healer in the other town..

why do GM put rule(s) on this kind of thing but not for the other hinderance?
06-15-2011 09:53 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

erm because blocking the banker/warper/ect is an ACTUAL hindrance that ACTUALLY stops you from click them and thus using them. Like everyone else has said, why ban something you can just fix with a simple command?

06-15-2011 10:00 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

why did u annoy and hinder people by spamming music out of nothing?

and again, some people prefer sfx on. u cant blame em. but u can blame people who spam music out of nothing
06-15-2011 11:08 PM