Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please

I just tolerate it when people spam musics in town. Usuually I will just turn SFX off while in town and go walk off and get a drink or potty while it finishes so I can handle my town business in peace. :>

The break does me good and keeps me from cramping up. Try to look at the brightside of things more!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-16-2011 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SkyStormKuja Offline
The Great Muffin

RE:??Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please

Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:@ange: there's some people who overlap song just to be rude or annoy their surroundings. if u never found any of this, u're just lucky

@skystorm: bot is not often to be found, but there;s still a rule for it.. for afk mist as well, spammer as well... as well as the other prohibited stuff

Well, actually, bots are not often found because of the rule. Same for the rest.

But, I think this thread is quickly degrading.

[Image: f44qqu.png]
~Anima~ 7x/3x - Champion
Nathaniel Hawkins 9x/6x - Stalker
Sora Sacrificulous 9x/6x - High Priest
SniperAngel 9x/6x - Sniper
06-16-2011 10:50 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

This thread started degrading after OP.

Muting your pc for the 10 secs a song lasts before the /sfx command kicks in wont ruin whatever music you were playing and most likely than not you can always pause it meanwhile, or just go back to it. BUT HEY save your trouble some more, if youre gonna use RO as a giant chatroom and already know you wont do anything that day, just go to your set up and disable sounds entirely.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
06-16-2011 11:01 AM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

bots would be found very often if there was no rule against them (they still kinda are but people are good at catching them)
same for afk misting (already happens in sooooo many nameless parties with bards getting dinner or something)
same for spammer (trolls n shit exist yo)
same for the other prohibited stuff

seriously you can ask them to stop, have you tried that? most people are actually kinda nice about it in-game

a quick relog fixes the song spam still happening, easier than wasting a GM's time which we don't even see enough of in-game anyways

it is ridiculously easy to mute your sfx while the bard is still flashing and then to unmute when he's done

i apologize for all the rude posts that are happening but you should know the attitude of heRO's players: "if you can fix them problem yourself with ease then why the **** do you want to bother the GMs about it"

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
06-16-2011 12:35 PM
micer Offline
I Burn Trees

My question: How do you prove that a song/dance has been spammed? Taking one screen shot pretty much just catches the guy playing one song, thus proving nothing. There is no point in making a rule that cannot be enforced.

IGNs:
FlySwatter
Yorick
Roadkill
Black Hayate
and so on...
06-16-2011 07:16 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

@shikari : why do we have to mute our PC when people annoy us with song? they do realize spamming song out of nowhere is annoying
why dont we put a rule on it so people will stop doing that so we dont have to mute our PC anymore?

@incard : because some of those people love to annoy people with that kind of thing. and again,, if they already flash the song, muting sfx wont work (read the earlier post please). and again, why do we have to relog everytime they annoy us when we can ask GM to put rule on it?

@micer : GM can check player logs?
06-16-2011 10:48 PM
Ange Offline

Do you really want to waste the GM's time that badly? And people don't waste their time flashing songs to annoy you; if you're that paranoid, you need some serious help.
06-16-2011 11:36 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

@ange:
GM-Pandora Wrote:Other things that could contribute to being chosen as a GM:
  • Be helpful toward others (both GMs and players).
  • Be humble and selfless, this is not a "power" position to rule others, GMs are there to help the players.
  • Be ready to receive PMs with whine, annoying questions, suggestions, lots of rants and other comments, some of that can be bothersome sometimes but it's part of being a GM.
and well, maybe they didnt do that just to annoy me.. but they just stressed out about the game and try to annoy or gain attention from their surroundings in some random pathetic ways...
and again.. i dont care if its on dungeon or in any combat situation.. but if its just in town out of nowhere??
and again... read the earlier post... u need some serious help on these
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2011 05:23 AM by Shinigami l0_0l.)
06-17-2011 05:22 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:and again, why do we have to relog everytime they annoy us when we can ask GM to put rule on it?

And vice versa: Why do we have to ask GMs to put rules for such lame things when we can just relog?

Seriously, checking out logs takes too much time already, not to mention 187245819246124 updates that GMs want to make and can't just because there isn't enough time (And i understand them since i also want a 72 hour day please?), and i'd really prefer for them to get a 10 mins more sleep and/or a new update instead of lame log checking and people muting. If you hate songs that much - sucks to be you, besides, finding a quiet sound, like, dunno, bell sounds, making a data directory and puting it in a folder isn't that hard to do, not to mention that it's not permanent - just delete/change name/folder/etc etc and skill music is back to being normal from grf file.

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
06-17-2011 05:37 AM
Ange Offline

RE: ??Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please

Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:and again... read the earlier post... u need some serious help on these
What?
06-17-2011 12:34 PM