Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please

We won't be implementing a rule for this.
Honestly, I don't see a rule like this being effective or readily enforceable, especially for a situation that is easily remedied and avoidable player side.

There would be 2 ways to enforce such a rule.

1) GMs sit hidden in Pront and other towns all day waiting for someone to spam songs. This is really nothing short of a waste of our time in many ways, not to mention crippling to our real lives.

2) Players install a video recording software, and as soon as someone starts spamming, they alt+tab, start up the program, record the RO window, save it, upload it and put it in a ticket.
In the time it takes to do this, one could have turned off their sound effects, relogged or simply rewarped to the town they were in many times over.

Why not check logs?
The simple reason is, logs of players skill usage just don't exist.
Even if they did, in this case we would not enforce such a rule with log checks. They take time, they are annoying and huge and half the GMs computers have trouble even opening the things.

A day's pick logs or chat logs on a normal, non-summer holidays day tend to be around a 50MB text file.
Given the fact that the server as a whole buffs, DS, etc far more times each day than they are likely to chat, or kill a mob (evening out mobbing with more than one skill per mob) and that's not even counting in selling/storing/transferring, it'd be safe to assume that skill log files would be even larger.

We also won't be banning the use of skills in towns. This would ruin healing, buffing, warp portals, and my favorite: Vending.

While yes, we're the GM team, and yes, we're expected to be server and player orientated, there are what I can only call limits to this.
The bottom line is it only takes a few letters or clicks to fix the problem player side, and we do expect players to take some control and initiative.

As for another argument that hasn't been brought up, but I may as well address it now, anyway:
We do punish for some other skills such as Ice wall, nonstop spamming of MS, etc.
This is simply because of the ways that they are actually disruptive.
Icewall and Watermill impede movement in two different ways.
MS causes actual, graphical lag rather than just music, and while you can turn effects off, this also affects people coming into town,??warps displaying, etc. whereas the musical one is just musical, and has a very quick fix.

Aedra:
Quote: "if you can fix them problem yourself with ease then why the **** do you want to bother the GMs about it"

I would love to have this on a giant speech bubble headgear sometimes.
Off to sweet talk Pandora. Icon_razz

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

06-17-2011 01:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Why not just make it a minor infraction then???Sure, there is no way to record proof thereof except for those you've posted; but what about if a GM or moderator happens to see it???You know, like a no seatbelt law.??You can't call the cops and say, "OMG OMG This guy wasn't wearing his seat belt going down Kellogg," but a cop CAN pull you over a ticket you if THEY see it.

Really, by having stated that you will NOT be affecting a rule against this, you are giving people permission to spam the Hell out of it and say, "Tell the GM's.??I don't care.??Circe said it's not breaking the rules.??*spamspamspam"

Why are people AGAINST this anyway???Do you guys sit in town and spam song/drop or something???It's a great inconvenience to those who choose to play with sound on and telling THEM to turn their sound off is allowing the miscreants to win.??=\

It's really just a big loophole in the "Respect others" rule.??I can legally (insofar as heRO is concerned) spam the shit out of it and annoy everybody on screen and not be flogged for it because it fractures not a single rule... Not even the "Respect others" rule... Which is supposed to be about respecting others.

Final note:??It seems some people think we are against casting a song, dropping weap, and recasting again shortly thereafter.??No, we are not against this.??We are against someone casting a song, dropping weapon, and recasting immediately thereafter only to repeat this annoyance indefinitely.

And, now they can trololol all the meanwhile becasue the GM's have effectively denied any legal standing pertaining thereto.??=[

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
06-18-2011 12:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nezu Offline
Priest of The Future

geez is it that hard to just click twice to mute? or in my case push onebutton on keyboard....
honestly just shut up about it i mean cmon grow up and learn to let things go and just mute ur damn comp. and again GROW UP (this is being said by a 15 year old how sad right?
06-18-2011 12:57 AM
Ange Offline

Right, because everyone totally goes out of their way to find and harass you. Do you also believe that the moon landing was staged and that the attacks on the Word Trade Center were organized by the US government?
http://www.eclectech.co.uk/mindcontrol.php
06-18-2011 01:36 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Nezu:??This isn't about the difficulty of remedying the situation.??This is about more clearly defining an existing rule so that people will stop doing something that is extremely annoying and obtrusive to the gaming experience.??Being 15 and telling people to grow up doesn't express irony, btw.??=\

Ange:??Sadly, yes, people do spam song/drop just to annoy.??The other things I'm fairly sure weren't conspiracies, though.??Thinking

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
06-18-2011 02:35 AM
nezu Offline
Priest of The Future

RE:??Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please

Whispers Wrote:Nezu:??This isn't about the difficulty of remedying the situation.??This is about more clearly defining an existing rule so that people will stop doing something that is extremely annoying and obtrusive to the gaming experience.??Being 15 and telling people to grow up doesn't express irony, btw.??=\

Ange:??Sadly, yes, people do spam song/drop just to annoy.??The other things I'm fairly sure weren't conspiracies, though.??Thinking

problem with that is everyone has different lvls of tolerance. one person might flame after 3 songs another after a thousand. so its stuff like this that complicates things. i mean if this gets into effect hell ima go find every brewer and get them jailed or banned because i dont like hearing noise??? thats just crazy if u think about it i mean cmon if u egg ppl they gonna keep doing it. its like pvp, i like to kill random ppl and see if they fight back. if they dont i move on until i find that 1 person that likes to fight and i have more fun. so why not just ignore it by muting? and no matter what way u can think of the bet and most convienient solution for all of this is within 2 clicks >.<. u know i think the same thing for main spammers. ppl get all worked up and rage and all sorts of crap. i personally just let them spam i mean it doesnt affect me in any way and all ur doing is working urself up over some idiot that doesnt know what the f*** else to do. no1 on this server actually knows how to ignore things and just let things go which is why we always get these huge threads over something that can be resolved by 2 simple clicks.
06-18-2011 03:05 AM
SkyStormKuja Offline
The Great Muffin

I honestly believe people do that for the fun of it, for short amounts of time. Same way you would randomly do asura's on people in town, or spam Magnificat or SG when standing in a bragi. It's just clean fun, and usually it doesn't last that long, cause it gets boring after a while. Icon_biggrin;

[Image: f44qqu.png]
~Anima~ 7x/3x - Champion
Nathaniel Hawkins 9x/6x - Stalker
Sora Sacrificulous 9x/6x - High Priest
SniperAngel 9x/6x - Sniper
06-18-2011 03:35 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

@nezu : those 2 jenius click of your to mute and umute sound doesnt stop the song when its already spammed... and as i told in earlier post.. brewing or some random buff or anything else doesnt have more than 10 sec sfx. but for music? spam and overlap music for the last few sec? its simply anoying...
06-18-2011 04:40 AM
nezu Offline
Priest of The Future

did i ever say mte and unmute? i said just mute
06-18-2011 04:46 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

why should we mute our comp when we want to play with sfx and our mp3 on? i can still listen to my mp3 when it just about 1 or 2 bragi like on combat situation... but not around some random retard people who spam musical skill like an idiot just to annoy people...
and again.. its hard and annoying when we have to mute/unmute our comp when we want to listen something in our PC but bothered by some random retard player
06-18-2011 05:31 AM