Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please
Ange Offline

RE: Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please

Why the hell would you have sfx on if you're listening to music?
06-18-2011 09:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nezu Offline
Priest of The Future

RE:??Make a clear rule(s) about spamming music or dance please

Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:why should we mute our comp when we want to play with sfx and our mp3 on? i can still listen to my mp3 when it just about 1 or 2 bragi like on combat situation... but not around some random retard people who spam musical skill like an idiot just to annoy people...
and again.. its hard and annoying when we have to mute/unmute our comp when we want to listen something in our PC but bothered by some random retard player

ever heard of an ipod?
06-18-2011 11:42 AM
Rankin Offline
Durp

Whispers Wrote:Why not just make it a minor infraction then???Sure, there is no way to record proof thereof except for those you've posted; but what about if a GM or moderator happens to see it???You know, like a no seatbelt law.??You can't call the cops and say, "OMG OMG This guy wasn't wearing his seat belt going down Kellogg," but a cop CAN pull you over a ticket you if THEY see it.

Really, by having stated that you will NOT be affecting a rule against this, you are giving people permission to spam the Hell out of it and say, "Tell the GM's.??I don't care.??Circe said it's not breaking the rules.??*spamspamspam"

Why are people AGAINST this anyway???Do you guys sit in town and spam song/drop or something???It's a great inconvenience to those who choose to play with sound on and telling THEM to turn their sound off is allowing the miscreants to win.??=\

It's really just a big loophole in the "Respect others" rule.??I can legally (insofar as heRO is concerned) spam the shit out of it and annoy everybody on screen and not be flogged for it because it fractures not a single rule... Not even the "Respect others" rule... Which is supposed to be about respecting others.

Final note:??It seems some people think we are against casting a song, dropping weap, and recasting again shortly thereafter.??No, we are not against this.??We are against someone casting a song, dropping weapon, and recasting immediately thereafter only to repeat this annoyance indefinitely.

And, now they can trololol all the meanwhile becasue the GM's have effectively denied any legal standing pertaining thereto.??=[

Your intelligence never ceases to amaze me.

[Image: Family_Guy_Stewie_Chat_Total_Idiot_Black_Shirt.jpg]
06-18-2011 11:46 AM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

there's such thing as an in-game mute command, not an entire PC-wide mute

derp derp derp

circe said it herself, lots of people said it themselves - the most convenient way is fixing the problem yourself. now i'm thinking that you're just a lazy person and that you want GMs to fix this problem for you instead of

a) asking them to stop, most people will
b) if they don't stop, either relocating to another town or muting
c) if you didn't relocate and muted, unmuting when the guy is obviously done
d) relogging is apparently very hard and incredibly inconvenient when you're sitting in town just so you can get rid of the, god help us, annoying song spam

jeez, should i call the local internet installer guy just to plug in the phone cord? it's so inconvenient to get on the floor and do it myself Q_Q

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
06-18-2011 11:47 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

@ange : because its doable?

@nezu : why did u use ipod when u can use your PC for listening to music and sfx as well??

@icarn :
i make this thread/suggestion because there's some retard who do this just to piss people
and yes, relog is troublesome when ure chatting. especially when u got a bad net
06-18-2011 12:24 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:@ange : because its doable?

@nezu : why did u use ipod when u can use your PC for listening to music and sfx as well??

@icarn :
i make this thread/suggestion because there's some retard who do this just to piss people
and yes, relog is troublesome when ure chatting. especially when u got a bad net

Do you not get it? Is it too complicated for you? Did something so simple go whoosh over your tiny brain?

You want a rule about spamming songs. Which you can easily fix yourself. But you're apparently too stupid/lazy to do so.

GMs say no because it's too much of a bitch to enforce. So you QQ moar.

Did you sit down and the shock wave broke your mute or something? Or did you forget how to mute your stupid computer?

Shut up and accept it, your retarted posts won't get you another rule.

btw what's your ingame name?
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2011 12:49 PM by Rankin.)
06-18-2011 12:48 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

I fail to see why this is going around in circles.
As we have stated, we won't be making a rule to cover this.

If you hear someone starting to spam songs, mute your ingame effects sound. It only takes them about 3 songs for you to realise they are doing so. This means, once you type those few letters in, there is only roughly 15-20ish seconds worth of annoyance to hear past this point.

It doesn't require a full PC mute. It means you can still listen to music. You can still listen to the RO BGM music if you so wish.

Whispers:
Again, we won't be making a rule to cover it.
If we see it ingame, and it is annoying us, we'll do what we expect others to do; either turn off our sounds, or just ask them nicely to stop.
If they stop or not is up to them. We won't be muting, kicking or punishing them if they don't, as there's that simple /sound option.

Rankin; Knock it off.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

06-18-2011 04:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

well, its not like that GM team dont want to do anything about it, but they just cant... (am i right)

and why do i still keep posting?
because there's still some people who think they're smart by trying to give same unsolving situation.
06-18-2011 06:44 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

It's not that we can't do anything about it, it's that we *won't* do anything about it.

As I said, it is possible to prove it, via video, etc, though out of the way and troublesome.

We expects players to be able to look after themselves to some degree, and typing a simple command that fixes the problem for those who find it annoying falls under that.

Look at it this way:
@main chatter annoys some players. We don't have a rule against using @main, simply because some players are annoyed by it. They're welcome to use @main off.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

06-18-2011 07:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

I haven't been ingame for about a month now, so this problem doesn't effect me at all.??I'm merely fighting for those who are still ingame and being annoyed by this.??It's extremely simple to me:??there is a rule stating to respect others.??Purposely spamming song/drop just to annoy people (not to test if song/drop really works or to buff someone) breaks this rule.??However, it is being instated as an acceptable infraction.

If you don't want to make it a rule, it's w/e to me.??It's you guys' server; do with it what you will.??But, allowing people to be douchebags on your server will only serve to weed out the good and harbor the trolls.??Ok

Ange:??We listen to music and sfx for the same reason RO has music and sfx.??Games make sound, people like music.??Playing without sound is actually quite foreign to me.??I literally lose my bearings with sound off.

Nezu:??As Shinigami wrote: why listen to your iPod when your entire music library is already on the computer you happen to be currently using???What is the use in involving more electronics when the one does it all?
Also, we aren't against people using skills in town.??Use all the skills you want, just not with bad intent.??Make pots, heal and buff people, asura random afk'ers.??Have at it.??But, why is it acceptable for a person to purposely interfere with the peace of another???Here, in America, we have noise laws because excessive levels of noise disturb the peace of others.??I do not doubt other countries have this as well as most countries nowadays are concerned about the mental peace of its citizens.
Another law we have here in America is the right to appeal.??Which is exactly why I just don't stfu.??That and the fight for the little man.??No1

Rankin:??We've been over this, I am at least twice as intelligent as you.??Your pot shots are but a stone thrown at a castle wall.??Just because you don't understand my benevolent intentions and civil methods doesn't mean I'm an idiot. Kissy2

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
06-18-2011 11:26 PM