Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gear for an ME Priest?
Spellbinder Offline

Gear for an ME Priest?

Hello there all, started playing here after being away from Ragnarok Online for a very very long time, and not really sure what to do about gear since most of the old forums I used to haunt date about 4 years ago, and I don't know what has or hasn't changed.

As a long term goal I was looking at the cards that make up the Acolyte set, but aside from that I don't know what other gears and/or cards are worthwhile.??An tips or guides that can be considered up to today's standards would be greatly appreciated. Ok
06-26-2011 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
micer Offline
I Burn Trees

RE: Gear for an ME Priest?

1) Don't bother with acolyte set. They're hard to collect, and there are definitely gears that do much more while not restricting you to completeing a huge set.

2) Divine Staff and Spiritual Ring combo is great for PvMing (gives extra damage to ME and whatnot).

3) Typical garment and shoes these days are Wool/Tidal combos with Raydric on the Wool and Matyr/Verit/Green Ferus on the Tidal Shoes.

4) You want either dex or int stuff on the headgear/other accessory.
Dex: Ramen Hat (4 dex, top headgear)
Apple o' Archer (3 dex, top headgear, much cheaper than Ramen)
Zerom Glove (4 dex, accessory, 90+ only)
Int: Isilla Glarice Doll Hat (4 int, top headgear)
Red Glasses (1 int, mid headgear)

5) You could also aim for demon/undead resists on the headgears. I believe Kawaii Ribbon is something you can use for demon resist on top headgear.

6) Mobbing with ME as a priest is hard, from what I've heard. I suggest going for a Turn Undead build first and TU anubis until you're 99, trans, and then mob with ME (apparently Assumptio greatly helps with survivability).

So that's my random list. I'm sure there are actual ME priests out there who could give you better pointers, but these are a start. xD

IGNs:
FlySwatter
Yorick
Roadkill
Black Hayate
and so on...
06-26-2011 10:03 AM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

I believe you should read this guide, it's quite well explained and a lot detailed for this.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
06-26-2011 12:12 PM
Debris Offline
Equivalent Exchange

there is 1 problem with mobbing for a priest/hp with a ramen hat, there is a change that you auto cast decrease agi when hit, this also have cast delay so you can't cast for some sec ME or any other skill

Caitlin
Disease, Debris, Shiranai
[Image: sblkpu.jpg]
06-27-2011 03:28 AM
Spellbinder Offline

RE:??Gear for an ME Priest?

Fyrus Carmin Wrote:I believe you should read this guide, it's quite well explained and a lot detailed for this.

That guide is exquisite~ Thank you so much. Kissy
06-27-2011 11:27 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Gear for an ME Priest?

micer Wrote:1) Don't bother with acolyte set. They're hard to collect, and there are definitely gears that do much more while not restricting you to completeing a huge set.

2) Divine Staff and Spiritual Ring combo is great for PvMing (gives extra damage to ME and whatnot).

3) Typical garment and shoes these days are Wool/Tidal combos with Raydric on the Wool and Matyr/Verit/Green Ferus on the Tidal Shoes.

4) You want either dex or int stuff on the headgear/other accessory.
Dex: Ramen Hat (4 dex, top headgear)
?????? Apple o' Archer (3 dex, top headgear, much cheaper than Ramen)
?????? Zerom Glove (4 dex, accessory, 90+ only)
Int: Isilla Glarice Doll Hat (4 int, top headgear)
??????Red Glasses (1 int, mid headgear)

5) You could also aim for demon/undead resists on the headgears. I believe Kawaii Ribbon is something you can use for demon resist on top headgear.

6) Mobbing with ME as a priest is hard, from what I've heard. I suggest going for a Turn Undead build first and TU anubis until you're 99, trans, and then mob with ME (apparently Assumptio greatly helps with survivability).

So that's my random list. I'm sure there are actual ME priests out there who could give you better pointers, but these are a start. xD
??????
I personally don't find isilla that nice for ME. By the time??the cooldown wears off, the only thing you'll be wanting to cast is either lex, or heal. It generally waits until the 2nd wave to hit before it'll let you use skills again (without any equips or outside influences affecting cooldown)

I would like Acolyte combo if not for a few tiny nitpicks. 1, Autocasted skills and their cooldowns generally tend to get me killed, and as for geo's autobless, I don't need to have blessing re-activated if I slip up, it keeps me from healing!??I would love Enchanted peach tree's auto heal thing, but it only works if??I'm physically hitting stuff, and as a magic user, that's not very helpful. That could go for seal card as well,??taking up valuable slots in my Weaponry that could probably better benefit from something like drops for dex or something for additional matk,??Like centipede larva or Necromancer cards. Cookie cards cool with me, it's nice for picking off stuff that's not affected by ME, it's slow and annoying work (like a weaker version of healbomb for non-undead), but It's amusing to see a Priest hitlock an Abyss knight so it can't even take a step towards you with nothing but holy light spam, and it'd still help even when you're soul linked.

I would only get the Aco combo for the 10 vit of the overall combo and the demon/undead resist. I think it's slightly higher than Divine cross/spirit ring combo. The exp bonus isn't bad either.

Divine cross is nice for speed and weaker monsters, especially farming the crap out of niflheim where the disguise wander. But for most of the stronger demons and undead, you're generally going to get more damage out of staff of piercing.

ALWAYS use Spiritual ring and Clip/rosary combo. It's fine to waste a zerom on that crap.??It's not the divine cross that adds the ME damage, it's the Spirit ring and clip/rosary.

Mainly 3 shield cards I use as ME HP.
teddy bear card is nice for purely undead places (like floor 2 of nameless). Khalitzburg is nice for pure demon places. Medusa is another option for places that have demons that tend to stone you a lot, like demon pungus (this place is fairly nice for money, because everything except for the card drops at a 100% rate. Medusa's are another option, though I freaking hate pests/neriads.

Bathory armor is a real nice touch. since demons/undead tend to use a lot of dark skills or??skills that'd otherwise be negated by bathory like Blood sucking or soul drain.

Phen card/Orleans Robe is a necessity for mobbing unless you're really close to instantcast (150 dex).

As far as footgear, I find you can generally get off cheaper with vidar's boots. Refine them, and they're better def than??boots (which you cannot wear due to class restrictions) and give slightly more HP/SP than verit card. But the ultimate goal for any of my classes is +9 tidal shoes with firelock soldier card ( got a million of them from my aco days!). that HP/SP bonus is sexy no matter what class it is, forget the +2 str it gives.

on hero, if you're Really good at refining stuff, +10 Principles of Magic and High refines on a Requiem hat is Probably the Best thing you can get for magic damage on demons. With the hat on, every refine on the book is equal to 1% matk, and the book itself is 20% matk. Every refine on the hat adds 1% mdef piercing, and 1% more matk damage to demons. Downside, you lose a lot of your Hit points??because of the refines, but you get a good chunk of def along with that power. I absolutely adore??Mobbing Owls with that hat and book, and you can net a decent profit from the feathers. Also keep in mind the hat does take up all 3 headgear slots.

If you get good, you can start using item farming hats like??Easter hat or the Hero B-day hats that farm gift boxes/add extra exp.

Insidefreak Wrote:there is 1 problem with mobbing for a priest/hp with a ramen hat, there is a change that you auto cast decrease agi when hit, this also have cast delay so you can't cast for some sec ME or any other skill

Generally, my strategy when mobbing is to not get hit until I'm casting, so decrease agi isn't??as much of an issue with that. And it seems to me like the chance is fairly low, because it never goes off when I want it to.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2011 08:37 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
06-27-2011 02:45 PM