Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prof build help
FrozenCrown Offline

Prof build help

Hi guys! I haven't played heRO in a long time, and I forgot what kind of build I was using for my prof. Mostly, for parties, I'm just using SP battery build. I'm not sure what I should put my points to, so I'm hoping you guys could help me. Any help would be great!!

Also, I'm set up for INT/DEX build. I've been told to put VIT in, but I don't know how much. Thanks! XP

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

FrozenCrown [Sage]
MistMyth [Blacksmith]
Caharin [Knight]
GrissaOstDrauka [Crusader]

[Image: KEYMASTER-GATEKEEPER4EVR2.jpg]
07-06-2011 04:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

RE: Prof build help

If you're just an SP slave, you want a good hp to sp ratio. What this does is that the more HP you have, the better it heals your SP. If your SP really outnumbers your HP, it'll take you a lot of health converts to make a full SP bar, as compared to a good amount of HP which will take 1-4 converts to get the SP you need for the person you need. Nothing is worse than an SP battery that has to almost kill themselves any time they try to refill someone's SP.

If you're going pure SP battery, dex is usually not a high priority because you'll almost 100% of the time be in parties, and there's never a huge need with memorize to keep your dex super high (unless you're trying for instacast, but that's a different subject for a different time).

My suggestion-
int-99
dex-60-70-ish
vit- the rest of your points

This way, you can still bolt if needed, you have enough HP to support your SP battery, and your cast time isn't amazing, but when it comes down to the 3 second cast time of soul change, the 46% cast time reduction 70 dex gives you, cuts it down to 1.62 seconds, and that's without a bragi or memorize in the calculations.

Skill tree goes a little something like this-
Advanced book 4-
magic rod 3
spell breaker 2
health conversion 5
soul change 1
and the rest of your points however you want to put them.
07-06-2011 04:26 AM
FrozenCrown Offline

Okay, so right now I have

INT 99
DEX 75
VIT 10

So I should put all the rest of my points into VIT? You mentioned my SP outgunning my HP, but right now I have

HP 4535
SP 1637

Is this weird?

And I have all the skills you suggested, so I guess the rest is just filler? Any suggestions, for if I actually try to fight, or whatever? Like if I can't find a party?

(Sorry for all the questions)

FrozenCrown [Sage]
MistMyth [Blacksmith]
Caharin [Knight]

07-06-2011 04:33 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

It depends on what type of prof you want to play. If you're going support, you have to work towards LP and you're most likely going to drop most of your bolts so you can get safety wall as a mage. If you're going bolting, you're not going to get safety wall and you're going to get other skills as a prof.

Some skills are absoulte musts no matter which build you choose, like dispell.

And no, your SP will never outnumber your HP, or at least I hope not, but with that set up, here's the math. One health convert takes out 10% of your HP, so right now that's 453 HP, and then at level 5 it takes 50% of that and turns it into SP, which means that you're going to be making 226 SP a health convert. That means for a full SP bar to fill up someone empty (like a champion post asura) you're going to have to do 7 health converts, or 70% of your health just to recharge one person to full SP.

If you are nice to your healers they might keep healing you, but most healers will get annoyed with you.

If you were to up your HP to only 9k, now you're able to health convert and get to full SP in 3-4 health converts. Which would only be 30%-40% of your HP bar, and healers suddenly don't think that you're constantly dying, and that's only assuming that you're doing a full 0-full SP health conversion. Unless you're habitually running around with chamipons and HW's that are carying 50% weight, you should rarely run into people who need your full SP bar and are at 0 or close to 0 SP. Snipers and a few other classes will ask for SP frequently, but they typically run small SP pools so with a good HP pool on your end, you'll be able to fill them up with one or at most two health converts.
07-06-2011 04:45 AM
Speedwagon Offline
Lurker

My prof has the standard bolter build.
99 int 99 dex 25 vit

My health without equips at lvl 99/70 is around 7.6k, with the right equipments it can reach about 11k, and my standart equips give me 411 SP per health conversion.
My SP is about 1.8k and I can with the right stuff work it up to 3.1-3.2k wich is usually more than enough to refill a well equipped and built Asura champ.

As for skills, I have skipped Firewall(I really really miss this skill) and lightning bolt/Thunder Storm completely. I have lvl 10 SW, lvl 6 SC and lvl 5 FD instead.
This guy can endow with everything for 20 minutes. I have no Soul burn, no Mind breaker, or Abrakadabra. I do have a lvl 1 HD for detecting and XP taping purposes though.

I DO NOT say it is the best build. For example I can not tank without a good lvl 5 to 7 Kaahi and My LP is only lvl 3 (I couldn't even work with something as huge as a lvl 5).

Important! I never WoE nor pvp on it and I wouldn't recommend for you to do that with this build. If you want a build like that read all the other guides posted on ratemyserver. This build is solely for leveling,??SP supporting, bolting purposes.
07-06-2011 10:35 AM
FrozenCrown Offline

Yeah, I did WoE once. Never again.

Yeah the SP batt and bolter seems to be what I do. I'll batt for the most part, but if I can only find one or two people, I might go to Anubis, and with buffs i can kill almost anything there.

Thanks for all the help, guys, I really appreciate it.

FrozenCrown [Sage]
MistMyth [Blacksmith]
Caharin [Knight]

07-06-2011 02:14 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Anubis is simple- double fire imp earrings, a good rod that doesn't just look pretty, web, double bolt firebolt.

But if you have double fire imps, I'd strongly suggest the new and improved map for anyone that has webs and bolts- Bradium Golems. You have to bring a few y-gems for dispell when they steel body, as well as a handful of f-wings to run away from bugs that sneak up on you, but they are much better exp than anubis.
07-06-2011 06:34 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I personally find Tatacho easier to do than Bradium Golems...maybe it has something to do with the Golems having Endure on all the time. :o

Kiel is still a good leveling map also, and with Orlean's Server[1]'s, small chances at Vali's Mant+Falcon Muffler (if you bother with Alicel and Aliot) and the potential chance for Alice card, you really can't go wrong here.

Mobbing Rach Sanc 1 or 2 with Heaven's Drive isn't terrible either, but you'll probably want to reset your build later when you reach 90+.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-06-2011 07:18 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Q : Heaven's Drive? Why? (sorry for being such a magic noob)

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
07-06-2011 08:29 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

HD is easier to spam overall.
TS is not terrible to choose as an AoE mob skill but it does have more cooldown, I guess if you plan to Seal or Anolian mob you could go with TS instead...

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-06-2011 08:40 PM