Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions about heRO
Torean Offline

Questions about heRO

Hallo everyone.

I am scouting for a server for me and some friends of mine to play on.
The problem is that most private servers are pretty unique and unfortunately most of them have some features, which in our opinion detract from gameplay (i.e. Warpers).
Sadly, most private server neglect to publish a comprehensive profile of themselves.

That's why I want to ask here about some features and whether or not they are implemented.

1. Is there a free Healing NPC?
2. Is there a Job Changer? If so, are you still able to do the Job Quests?
3. Is there a Warper? If so, does it warp you just to major cities or also into dungeons?
4. Is there a NPC to reset your Skills and/or Stats? If so, what are the limitations (prize, etc.)?
5. How many active and capable GMs are there? Please don't start flaming on this one.
6. Usually WoE tends to stagnate, as soon as the most powerful guild ally. How is it going here?
7. How many castles are unlocked for conquest?
8. Are there any custom items like headgear? If so, are they well balanced?
9. Are there any custom NPCs that you think are worth mentioning?
10. Are wings available on this server?
11. Are the Taekwon, Ninja and Gunslinger classes available? If so, are they still bugged and/or beta?

Thank you for your patience.
Torean
08-07-2006 04:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Questions about heRO

I think you'll find an answer to most of those on out website, under "server information".

http://hero-server.net/

However, I'll answer as best as I can.

1. Is there a free Healing NPC? -> There is a paying healing npc.

2. Is there a Job Changer? If so, are you still able to do the Job Quests? -> No job changer, gotta do quests, got to do skill quests as well if you want them.

3. Is there a Warper? If so, does it warp you just to major cities or also into dungeons? -> There is a paying warper that warps to city and dungeon's first level, you got to unlock each warp (aka go there at least once) to use them.

4. Is there a NPC to reset your Skills and/or Stats? If so, what are the limitations (prize, etc.)? -> There is a reset npc, it's free until level 40, after that it costs zeny, the higher level you are the more expensive, after level 50 it asks for an item as well.

5. How many active and capable GMs are there? Please don't start flaming on this one. -> We have a few active and capable GMs.

6. Usually WoE tends to stagnate, as soon as the most powerful guild ally. How is it going here? -> Not that great right now in all honestly, but we're hoping the situation will get better. We had 4 castles, we closed 1 to try and enhance the action in woe. The big guilds are powerful, so it's not easy to make your place if you are a new guild, but it's not impossible, depends if you like a challenge.

7. How many castles are unlocked for conquest? -> 3 right now (and each one gives chest randomly from all 20 castles, this is done as not to limit the drops by closing most castles)

8. Are there any custom items like headgear? If so, are they well balanced? -> Yes and Yes, we currently have 4 pairs of wings, that we find are faily balanced.

9. Are there any custom NPCs that you think are worth mentioning? -> Let me see..
We got a mining system you can mine for all sorts of ores at a spot in coal mine.
We have many npc for our allegiance system (Light versus Dark), see this section in forum: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9
The npc to register your allegiance is located in Prontera, near the tool shop.
We got bankers and pvp warper in most major towns, Db room with DB seller.

10. Are wings available on this server? -> Yes, only elemental wings are available for now, fire and ice, they are made thru a quest.

11. Are the Taekwon, Ninja and Gunslinger classes available? If so, are they still bugged and/or beta? -> we have the taekwon as well as soul linker and star gladiator. Apart for a bug in the star gladiator flying skill the rest work fine. We're not planning on adding ninja/gunner until they are fully debugged.

Some skills are available for players, such as:
@autoloot which is very useful
@who and @who2 to know who's online
@autotrade to set a shop and not have to leave your client open
Players can communicate with the server with the Main channel, turned on automatically, but can be turned off (@Main off).

We try to make this server our own and unique place, but without compromising the gameplay too much. If you decide to make this place your home, don't hesitate to post in the introduction section.

^_^

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-07-2006 04:18 PM
Torean Offline

RE: Questions about heRO

Wow thank you for your quick and comprehensive answer.
It's good to see that not all servers join the Ninja/Gunslinger hype.

Thanks again.
08-07-2006 05:12 PM