Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions in regards to Bootcamp and running HeRo on Mac
youngwayfarer Offline

Questions in regards to Bootcamp and running HeRo on Mac

I've done a bit of research on the forum with previous people and running HeRo on their macs (With Bootcamp) but I still have a few questions/things I'm kind of unsure of.

1) If I only want Windows on my computer to play HeRo and not to do anything else, do I have to worry about getting viruses? I was reading in an old thread a whole thing about how you can still get viruses from so and so, even if you're on the mac "side" of your computer when you have bootcamp, I didn't really understand it all.

2) Am I better off getting Windows XP or Vista? I have an old CD with Windows XP that I used on my old PC computer but my brother has Vista so I guess I have the choice, but is there any difference?

3) Is it possible to download and install all of HeRo and the Ragnarok client on a USB and just plug it into my computer with Windows running through Bootcamp and play it that way to save harddrive space?

Also if you guys have any other useful information or advice please post.
07-10-2011 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Vanadis Offline

RE: Questions in regards to Bootcamp and running HeRo on Mac

1) I don't really think you'd have to worry that much about viruses unless you do risky things, but just playing heRO on it should be safe enough. Still it's up to you, there are free antivirus software...

2) I'd go with XP, it's pretty stable for gaming.

3) I guess it should be possible to have it on a usb drive, though you might get some prefomance loss. It's not like the client is all that big either...

Something to report to the GMs? Use the heRO support ticket system!

Wondering what custom content is in heRO? Check out the heRO Wiki!
07-10-2011 04:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
youngwayfarer Offline

Thank you! Icon_smile
But are there risks of getting viruses when running the 'mac side'? Or is it only when I'm running Windows?
07-10-2011 04:18 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

It's possible for Macs to get viruses, too.

They're just rarer, mainly due to the fact Windows is the most distributed OS.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

07-10-2011 04:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
youngwayfarer Offline

Another question came up while reading through an instruction/guide .pdf on how to install a Windows partition on my Mac.
It said I needed my Mac OS X Snow Leopard disk or My Mac OSX install disc.
Thing is, my mom owned this laptop before me and she said she didn't get any sort of disc (Most likely because she got the laptop off craigslist). So is there any way to get Bootcamp and my windows partition fully running without them or is there another way to get them (virtual copy perhaps)?

Edit: I actually just remembered that my friends dad recently got a new Macbook Air. Do you think I could use his installation disc, even if I'm on a Macbook Pro?
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 12:58 AM by youngwayfarer.)
07-12-2011 12:53 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

i dunno about the hard or soft ware thingy, but my heRO is portable in my flashdisk and i just have to find a computer to plug it in and decent connection to play.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
07-12-2011 05:31 AM