Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WIPE
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

WIPE

As everyone seen, the number of players on Hero server has greatly decreased.Icon_sad

BUT, I have seen lot of new players during the summer. The problem is that most of them leaved after liked 2 weaks of play. The fact is that most of people are trans (even me. wow.) Imagine if u were a newbie on a server and u see that everyone are trans...Icon_redface Its kind of unbalanced, newbs can't "integrate" themselves on the server.

I suggest we make a wipe on the server, and "restart" on mid-rate, like 100/80/40. Things are kinda boring on the server, on the high rate temp server; I tried a super-novice Icon_lol and made one of the best woe of my life even if we were like 10-12 online Icon_biggrin

Making a wipe would be also a way to bring back people that left the server and make peace (except during woe Icon_razz)

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
08-14-2006 07:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

RE: WIPE

.... bite your tongue krimlin ....

8 freaking months to go stalker....

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
08-14-2006 09:51 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

I transcend 3 days before you but I started on hero like one month before u so its a sacrifice im welling to do Icon_wink

The idea of restarting mid-rate is because most of people (including me) dont wanna restart from scratch thinking that its gonna take near another year to get trans Icon_neutral

Krim's grocery list

08-14-2006 09:54 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

yeah but mid rate ruins things...

why not just stick to what we have so the ppl that stay are the truly dedicated ones

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
08-14-2006 10:11 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Sekaru Wrote:so the ppl that stay are the truly dedicated ones

Having dedicated people is a great thing, but not great enough to bring new people it seems ._.

Krim's grocery list

08-14-2006 10:16 PM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

Well, a server wipe isnt so, appealing when youve worked for 8 months hunting, 2 raydrics, 2 Evil Druids, Sasquatch, 4 Kobolds, 5 Hydras, 6 soldier skeletons, Overupgrading crazy amounts of jurs, other weapons, armors, elu, the list goes on and on, i'll cry if it happens, and never play ro again, alright maybe not cry, but its too much to start over, think about the people on top....ME, jk, but for real, too much.

A high/mid rate, isnt my style either.

While, many of us are high on our chars they might see it and feel left out, but we can help these newcomers, give them 20 white pots, 10 Bwings, a couple concentration Potions, some flywings, when I meet someone new thats what I do, maybe not all the time but is 5k-10K really going to hurt you on these items, it makes them feel welcome, offer to take them somewhere, help them through a quest, I've done that many times, I've met Talenawolf like that, and many others, even as I type this now I'm helping someone I just met, I helped someone this morning, and everyone knows me, im not the nicest guy around, I'm just hoping they will stay. Maybe you shouldnt think of server wipes, think about helping the newcomers give them a boost, and yes I understand they get like 300 novice red potions, but what feels better? 300 pots from an NPC or 20 from a friend?

[Image: seifer.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2006 11:53 PM by SwiftStrike.)
08-14-2006 10:59 PM
sirona Away
Eh?!

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:As everyone seen, the number of players on Hero server has greatly decreased.Icon_sad

BUT, I have seen lot of new players during the summer. The problem is that most of them leaved after liked 2 weaks of play. The fact is that most of people are trans (even me. wow.) Imagine if u were a newbie on a server and u see that everyone are trans...Icon_redface Its kind of unbalanced, newbs can't "integrate" themselves on the server.

I suggest we make a wipe on the server, and "restart" on mid-rate, like 100/80/40. Things are kinda boring on the server, on the high rate temp server; I tried a super-novice Icon_lol and made one of the best woe of my life even if we were like 10-12 online Icon_biggrin

Making a wipe would be also a way to bring back people that left the server and make peace (except during woe Icon_razz)

I doubt a wipe would make people that left the server come back and make peace. Most probably, they'll bring more whining and destruction that you can't imagine.

Your idea that the server is unbalanced is 'wrong'. I think you are entitled to have a transcendant character and "godly" equips because you worked hard for it and it doesn't mean a newbie can't do the same thing. On a server which died 'ages' ago, I was a newbie with barely any good equips. I made my way through slowly until people who have been playing there for awhile started helping and advicing me with stats and equips. Then, with the help of my guildies, I hit 99 and became a transcendant character. I think if the veterans of that server did not help me or were not kind to me, I would of gave up... So, maybe if you want to help keep the people, talk and be nice to them. If they feel welcomed, it would do some good.

When I was still very active on the server, I ran into a couple who told me I was the first person who talked to them and helped them since they played on heRO for a few days. I was rather surprised that the server seems to be so 'cold' except for some people like Myuu who I like to talk to a lot, my bf, tai-tai and the OoC people. I did try to socialize only the find out people are always stuck in their own little groups and difficult to communicate with. Maybe a change of attitude will help.

That's my two cents.

Semper vigilans.

Living my life like a ninja... so, leave me alone... *vanish*
08-15-2006 01:01 AM
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

yea think about the people who hunted alot and put aot into there cahracters... isnt taht waht transing is all about? to me transing is kinda like a gift for putting alot into your character. all they gotta do is have a littel dedication. i mean look at some AE people. Sure there was dual clienting but still. they managed to trans as well.

Sorry krim buddy but im against your idea especialy the fact taht you wanna make it hihg rate as wel. any server can just put in a hihg rate and bring in players. Look at teh number 1 servers on top 100 and 200. (dont forget to vote)

iff you want a hihg raet just make an alternative server... you know:

HeRo low rate 5/5/3
HeRo high rate 100/80/20

OK Cancel

like thatIcon_biggrin

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
08-15-2006 02:09 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Erm.. No! XD

Let's say we did that, how long until people are trans again and it discourages new commer? You want to wipe every year? Nah..

It's part of being new on a server to see that other people are higher level than you. I understand how it can be discouraging, but rather it has to be taken as a challenge. The only place where it matter are pvp/woe, leveling-wise it's not such a problem that other people are higher. That means, one has to train until they become pvp/woe ready. If you want to be a hero, you gotta accept a little challenge. ^_^

Look at the real servers, im pretty sure you need to be 99 trans to enter the elite guilds who woe, or at the very least high level. It's part of the deal. Luckily, it's much easier here than on real server, and people 70+ can be woe helpful, in my humble opinion.

Regarding the high rates, it was fun I agree, but it was fun for what, 3 days? How long until it became boring, a few people had 99 trans already (including me). I had a blast at the woe I must admit, but leveling wise, it has a very short fun factor. I don't like high rates usually, it's too easy and it gets old fast. If people want to play on high rate there are great servers out there, hero is a low rate, where dedication is rewarding.

And as some of you have mentionned, even yourself krimlin, there's been a lot of work put into the existing characters you all have. I don't see why we should take away the efforts of those who have been playing here for a long time, to please the people who just arrived.

I understand why you would suggest that, and suggestions to help give more life to the server are very welcome, but I don't think this one is the solution, sorry.

Icon_sad

The suggestion about helping new commer seems more viable, makes people feel welcome. But don't do everything for them, it makes people lazy, rather give them a little lift and show them how to fly, but let them do it themselves.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-15-2006 08:27 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Why not create a sub server with mid-rate so that everyone could be happy?
T__T

Krim's grocery list

08-15-2006 12:08 PM