Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installation Problems
rolandgianni Offline

Installation Problems

Hi i'm new here. I just want to know how to install the app.
I used method 1 - the full installer and 3 already but i still can't connect. How do i solve this problem? Thanks a lot!
07-24-2011 06:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

RE: Installation Problems

the best way is:
1. Download the heRO mini installer
2. Download the latest ragnarok online from http://www.ragray.net
3. Install the ragnarok online, followed by the mini installer into the ragnarok online folder.
4. Open heRO Patcher.exe and start patching.
5. Once ready, you can play. Just go to http://www.pandoraonline.net/cp to create/register your account.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
07-24-2011 08:36 PM
rolandgianni Offline

So this is what i did. I downloaded the ragnarok online from ragray.net. i installed it and it was installed on the user/local/appdata/ragray folder. Then I opened the Ragray app and it said patch process complete. But no ragnarok folder can be seen on the program files. And so, what i did was install the mini installer in the local/appdata/ragray folder. However, after i open the hero patch, all i get is a black screen. Is there something i'm doing wrong?
07-29-2011 08:06 PM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

what operating system are you using?

%appdata% is not a good choice for an installation at all; it stores the settings of most programs only and is hidden by default. change it.

When installing ragray select a custom drive and install folder(C:\ragnarok is nice) or remember the default.

You do not need to patch the latest ragray (2011) I didn't it works fine (i guess)

make sure mini installer is installed to the same folder as ragray; it should ovewrite the files.

patch.

play.

The black screen is a common problem on win7 and vista. But make sure you follwed the steps above. appdata is a horrible folder for any install regardless. For compatibility; Right click the game .exe(not the patcher) go to properties, compatibility mode, run in compatibility mode for, win XP.

Let us know if it works or you need more detailed instructions. Icon_biggrin

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2011 08:38 PM by raphael.cruger.)
07-29-2011 08:32 PM
rolandgianni Offline

I did all of the instructions and it still doesn't work. I'm using windows 7 and i did the compatibility mode to for windows xp and all i still get is the black screen. Cry
07-30-2011 12:17 PM
raphael.cruger Offline

Are your graphics drivers installed/up to date?
It is also possible the graphics setup of RO is set to a different resolution unsupported by your monitor. Navigate to your install folder. launch the file setup.exe and change the resolution to match your native display. Try making it windowed mode to check if it runs.
Do other games run fine on your comp?

07-30-2011 03:07 PM
rolandgianni Offline

Yup. I checked it and my graphic drivers are installed. I opened the setup and tried every video resolution but all i got is still the black screen. I tried ither servers and all i still get is the black screen. Other games works fine.
07-30-2011 08:36 PM
raphael.cruger Offline

In the setup file; try running it with Direct 3D HAL.

Is yr OS\hardware 64 bit?

Change the compatibility of setup.exe to WinXP2\3 before running and choose always run as admin. Ditto for the game exe. the main exe is 'hero.exe' btw found in yr installation folder. Changing compatibility of the shortcut will have no effect. Change the compatibility of BOTH the setup and hero.exe as well as set them to run as admin. and run directly from yr install folder.
If those don't work..

I think i have isolated your problem.
Two questions.
1> does the bg music for the login screen play? (tho it doesn't mean much if it doesn't i think its off by default)
2> Do you have an ATI Radeon Graphics Card?

If the above are true this seems to be a common problem.

First follow the instructions on this link
http://forum.ragnarokeurope.com/index.ph...c=156093.0
ignore the recommendation to set C:/games as the install folder. Also fyi once you've installed both ragray and HeRo to the same folder you may copy and paste the main game folder wherever you wish it'll work fine. (Beware shortcuts though like the ones on yr desktop, they will stop working)

If that does not work then try the following(please read carefully xD)
Try the following.

Start Menu >> Right Click on my Computer (Properties) >> Device Manager >> Go under Displays and uninstall your graphics card driver. (Make sure you have the driver installation first lol)

Restart.

At this point windows should automatically install the driver from its database. Go along with it and restart if necessary.

Try running RO again.

If it doesn't work; re install yr graphics driver(download latest for best results)
If its not a radeon let me know.
The removal is important for Radeon updates apparently have a problem if??not clean installed.

If it still doesn't work.. well get back here for more ideas
I use WinXP fyi. Fed up of 7

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2011 11:08 PM by raphael.cruger.)
07-30-2011 10:43 PM
rolandgianni Offline

yeah, i'm on 64 bit and have ati radeon hd 5670. i'll try this one right now. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2011 11:00 PM by rolandgianni.)
07-30-2011 10:59 PM
rolandgianni Offline

It's okay now. Thank you very much for the help sirs! Can't wait to play. This is my first time to play RO. Thanks!
07-30-2011 11:09 PM