Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
High priest gear setup
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

High priest gear setup

Alright, I've ran into a snag.

I want to gear my high priest to be more...appropriate I think would be the word.

Right now, I use the goibne's set (Heavy as hell), dark blinder, +8 SoR, celebrant's mittens, and thara valk.

I really really like the high hp, vit, and survivability the goibne's set offers even at it's safe limit refines. It allows me to tank things I normally shouldn't take on, and tank pretty massive mobs when I'm luring.

Though, as it stands- he's pretty much just a Turn Undead priest with support roots and a tanker stat build. Int, dex, vit.

I feel I could focus more into one thing and do much better, especially if I could figure out how to setup for Magnus Exorcismus gear and stat wise, and just solo. I've tried- but I was merely 7x at the time and had to rely on bragi/lure to bring things to me lest I fall over dead, as I was very squishy with what gear and stats I had.

My HP is 81/49. Help please ~

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
08-01-2011 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

RE: High priest gear setup

ME's main stat is dex. gear for dex, always moar dex. the goibne's set IS awesome but that heaviness is a downside - invest in safety wall to protect you from your mobs instead, when you can get it.

if a gear couldn't possibly offer dex, get matk/int or vit/defense/hp. my fave are zod wings with peco peco card or just a +7 goibne's armor (never the whole set, gawd that's heavy)

suggestions:
headgear -
-frigg's circlet. 10 mdef and 2 int. i loves me some mdef!
-overrefined requiem hat. you get a looooot of matk and mdef pierce with that thing. downside is you can't wear wings if you use them a lot
-possibly something else, i forget. RMS is your friend~

armor -
-carded zod wings (possibly agav card if you're lucky/rich, peco peco card for health. don't use isilla imo since the aftercast delay almost always outlasts how long the bonus lasts - unless you want 4 int in your zod wings, then it's cool)
-goibne's armor trololol
-orlean's robe for dem uninterrupted cast. stat enchant for extra awesome; vit, int, or dex. get what you prefer. i'd get dex or int

shield -
card up a guard or valk shield with teddy bear or khalitzburg (possibly get both) :D

weapon -
-divine cross is two-hand but it's still pretty good as a shield (25% resist to undead and demon). always moar dex and matk! this should be comboing with your spiritual ring
-dex or int survivor's rod. if you score a slotted one throw in a drops card
-staff of piercing
-good noob rods when poor: arc wand, evil bone wand, lich bone wand, wand of occult; all are cheap or bought at an NPC

footgear -
-i love the wool/tidal combo, i really do.
-vidar's are good for the health, sp, and def too

garment -
-woooool. cards to try for: aliot, punk for lulz, raydric *_*!, noxious, isis
-could try for the vali's manteau / vidar / odin's blessing combo. +5 vit nomnom. vali's by itself is cool too

your accessories should be spiritual ring and rosary/clip! >:O

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
08-01-2011 02:05 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Awesome explanation!

Few questions I thought of while reading:

Rosary+zerom card or what?

Divine cross would be good, but would it be better with the clip/rosary ring combo versus other accessories + say a surv rod/quad necro rod/SoP and khali shield?

Also, should I spring for 99 dex before int, or is that a waste?

Do I need any vit?

I think thats all the questions for now. Icon_biggrin

Edit* How about wraith rosary/clip?

Ign:
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2011 07:30 PM by Session.)
08-01-2011 07:05 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Well, in addition to what Aedra said i'd only add in few coins:
Head:
Pope Mitre (-10% cast time) - Pretty nice bonus, along with nice def and mdef bonus for being HP
Also, things that wiz usually get for int work (Isilla carded Valk Feather Band, Isilla carded Lif Doll etc etc)

Armor:
My strict advice would be Orleans, unless you do accessory switching to acquire interruptible cast.

I think, divine cross+Spiritual ring+clip/rosary is awesome for boosting damage. All you get from that combo:
+7 dex (+4 dex from Divine cross, +1 from ring, +2 from combo)
+2 int
25% demon/undead resist
+25% MATK
+50% damage with heal against undead
+30% ME damage (Feel it? 25% matk boost AND +30% ME damage. Just ouch!)
SP recovery +9%
(Add in rosary/clip and it's card bonus)

Another nice option is Priest card set, which is:
Geographer, Rideword, Enchanted Peach Tree, Cookie & Seal Card

It offers:
LUK + 2
+10% damage with Holy Light
2% chance of casting Heal on yourself with each attack (remember, those DO NOT work if you're in aftercast delay)
2% chance to bless yourslef with each attack
+2 int
+1 Mdef
+10 Hit
+3 Flee
+9 Crit on demon/Undead
VIT + 10
-10% cast time
30% demon/undead resist
5% more experience from demon/undead

But note that is occupies Accessory, Shield, Armor, Headgear and Weapon slots, and you'll be strict to only those gears you've put cards in.

In shortance - you get to choose between survavibility(card set) and more attack power(Divine cross).

Card in clip/rosary is totally your choice, i use a variety of cards depending on situation (even a popo card in nameless to get an ultimate healer~).

Also, your build is once again hardly binded on what you'll want - to survive or to hit hard.
Just remember - int not only increases matk, but provides heal bonuses, along with better SP regen. For some reason i always ended up with ~90 base int (120 total), ~80 base dex (110-120 total) and rest ~50-60s in vit.
+Don't forget you have perma bless on yourself, and count it in your calculations.

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2011 09:35 PM by Ptah.)
08-01-2011 09:33 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I personally don't like the aco combo for ME. I do like the extra exp from demons/undead, the +10 vit, and??the 30% resist to demons/undead, but the autocast skills tend to kill me when I'm trying to heal. Enchanted peach tree's heal sucks because I need to be physically attacking in order for it's autocast to work, and since you're attacking with magic, it's essentially a wasted slot. And since you'll be attacking with magic, and the best staffs/wands for ME are typically not slotted,??Seal is majorly out of place (you don't need hit or crit)

I tend to mob with around 30-40 vit, 90+ base int, and 99 Base dex. At 99, it has around 9-13 k Max HP depending on gearing, unless I can cast fast enough to not get hit,??I typically wear Orlean's robe so I??can cast without getting interupted. With assumptio, it only dies to overmob and status like stun.

Divine cross combo is good for pure dex. It's good on smaller mobs that can be taken out easily like the things in skellington that??have fairly hard hitters in both demon and undead stuffs (dulluhan/disguise in nif) or in places you don't really care much about like geffen 3.

Most other places i find SoP and shields more beneficial, like Demon pungus would be stupid without a Medusa carded shield (can't prevent stone with anything else but Evil Druid, and can't heal with that on). Owls have High mdef, SoP is quite a bit more powerful against most things in Nameless and you get more undead resistance from Teddy bear than Divine cross.

In most instances, SoP provides more power than divine cross, and Racial shields provide more resistances for survivability. Stack that with Armor def (+7 Vidar's Boots are NICE) and Resistance from Raydric and it's going to live through a lot.

If you feel like sacrificing a little casting speed and your max HP a little. I ABSOLUTELY ADORE Requiem hat. You get +4% Max Hp at??+0, but as you refine it, you lose that boost, BUT,??Each refine on the hat gives you 1% Mdef Bypassing, and 1% more damage on Demons. Put that together with a Book weapon, every Refine on the book gives 1% more matk. On a book like??a Principles of Magic (20% Matk on it's own), you get a lot of Matk and mdef piercing with a LOVELY boost against demons. And since the hat has 7 base def, you'd be getting a lot of armor def at high refines.??

However you'd have to either pay a fortune for a hat to break, get lucky with the Bloody branches and summon a Midnight Jack, or wait until halloween again =/
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2011 11:08 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-01-2011 11:06 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Would it be worth wearing permeter in a pair of wings, or headgear versus isilla/etc ?

I appreciate you laying all the numbers out. Its hard for me to warp my head around counting up all the bonuses, especially when most ro calcs are outdated and I can't put in all the gears automatically. Sweat

So wait...if I setup for the divine cross combo, could I get decently close to a quick cast? I've a habit of making large mobs, since its how I'm used to playing- and solo that'd most likely kill my priest since I believe defense would be trimmed to nill from how many mobs are on him.

Ign:
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

08-01-2011 11:12 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Yeah, I looked at the card combo- and I wouldn't wanna be restricted to using just that. I'm trying to get rid of the entire goibne's set, and the morph set, so I'm not so bound to one setup without losing a critical addition to my playing.

You ninja'd me joe and I didn't notice it, ha. Never refreshed the page before posting.

Anyways, comes down to either shield+ staff or cross+ the acc set. Though all in all, I could probably deal with using any of the three setups (shield+staff, cross+acc set, book+ED) for wherever I'd want to go to.

The ED hat would be great, seeing as how I'd more than likely be using an enchanted orlean's anyhow, and I don't own a midgear beyond the elven sunnies/goddess/dark blinder. The def from say, a +7 refine would be nice. Though as you said; it'd be hell getting one- especially seeing as how my refining luck is fail. Ok

Now, is the stat setup you mentioned for 99/70? What should I aim for being my level, 81/49? Just take the percentages and take them down a notch below all that? Vit more important than int?

So if I went vidars/garment+raydric, which garment would I want to use for the raydric?

In that case, wouldn't a +7 somethingoranother tidals and wool be more beneficial? Say green ferus+ raydric/aliot/nox?

Ign:
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

08-02-2011 12:39 AM
Raging Alt-a-holic

As a high priest, the typical cookie cutter build is??80 vit, 80 int, and 80 dex. This is a really stable build for supporting stuff, decent cast times, it can tank as needed but it's by no means immune, and enough int to heal like your life depended on it.

(mine's still job 69 Icon_cry but it's built for J70)

What I usually do is Aim for that and sacrifice??some points in one stat to put points in others.

As was said earlier, Dex is the main priority in a ME build. Power is a Second, and Vit is nice to have.

At the low 80s, ME would be difficult to solo with, but it gets better once you get into the 90's. At that level it's hard to balance the stats to get it so you can mob them yourself, tank the mob, and get the cast off in time, and then you gotta have the poop behind the ME to kill the mob. Without cast delay reductions,??ME will make you wait until??2 waves have hit your mob, at which point you'll usually be scrambling to heal.

If it were me, I'd grab around 80 int, 90 dex, and 20 into vit just to make sure you don't fall over at Lvl 82, I'd pump dex until it's maxed out and from there it'd be your decision on wether to get more int for power or vit for stability.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2011 08:02 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-02-2011 07:59 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

As for that pesky aftercast delay, would it be ideal to use a couple expert rings (after level 90 ofc) and a sprint set?

Ign:
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

08-02-2011 03:05 PM
Raging Alt-a-holic

I personally favor the power of spirit ring/rosary combo. I've not tried expert rings or Sprint set yet.

The aftercast reducers of the said gears might help a bit more with survivability, but??my line of thinking is that the power to kill what enters it with one cast of ME is a line of survivability (meaning they die before the light fades away). I'd say that's something you should try out though, and see what you like.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2011 04:10 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-02-2011 04:10 PM