Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Loading screen freezing?
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

RE: Loading screen freezing?

a bit OT, but whenever this happens to me(im playing on full screen mode, my cursor won't move when heRO hangs) you can use your keyboard to use the task manager like
tab(go to applications), arrow keys(go to hero), alt+e x2, spam this one cause heRO just won't let you fix it easily

There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.
[Image: sn1bw7.gif]
08-06-2011 10:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zaratus Away
Bastard

Do you use any Security/Defense programs (for example Comodo, that screwed up one game by mine)?

Does it ever happen without using visible gears (namely wings+headgears)?

Do you use the same palettes on all chars (if it even happens on different chars)?

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
08-06-2011 06:07 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

I have the free Avast! antivirus, even though I need to upgrade/reissue another free trial.

But, only had it since January and I've had the problem with the sticking loading screen happen very rarely since at the least, last year.

Well thing is on that one, if I'm teleporting/warping I'm almost always going out to hunt/farm/buy something- and as such my characters stay fully geared if I'm on them. Only time they're not, is when I'm logging onto an ungeared character or onto another account, and having things transferred to me- which I almost always immediately re-equip.

Though, as such the only classes I use my zods on are monk, sinX, linker. High priest I don't, and I'm pretty sure the screen thing has happened to me as well on him.

I have a crazy taste in dyeing my characters, so they're all different. Laugh

Edit: Earlier, when I was logging out of the game- the black transition screen stuck.

I've not had this happen with any other game I play, so definitely a heRo thing. Now whether its my computer or the game itself, I'm not certain. Running my antivirus picks up nothing unusual, which is good- but there have been other people with this problem to, so doubt it'd be a virus or some sort.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2011 06:31 PM by Session.)
08-06-2011 06:25 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

To the security/defense program:
If you were using one, it might have been that heRO asks occasionally (for whatever reason) for some rights on changing maps that you would have to approve. Since you're in fullscreen though, you can't see heRO asking for rights and therefore can't approve them thus heRO can't do anything anymore and you're totally stuck.
Since you don't use any (except avast which only scans for viruses and doesn't check processes, at least from what I remember from my avast), this option is pretty improbable.

Listen to your cooler fan, does it speed up before changing maps? Running SpeedFan with logging the temperature helps if you are unsure. Might be an overheating problem since new map loading is quite work intensive.

Try doing the map change without wings and check if heRO dies anyways. Helped for Menti quite often.

I'm quite sure you tried reinstalling RO with the latest Ragray already, yeh?

Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith

08-06-2011 07:38 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Well the latest install I made was just 4/5 weeks ago, maybe a little over a month.

I have avast! on gaming mode, to where it doesn't pop up any unnecessary comments and such, maybe thats why I'm seeing nothing?

My fan usually runs alright, I can barely ever hear it. I've had times its went crazy fast, and felt like it was vibrating through a tremor, but never for a long amount of time.

I'll try the speed-fan, if it won't be too intensive in the background. So it just monitors my cpu heat and such while its up running?

Ign:
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

08-06-2011 07:48 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

If you do the settings right, it does, yeah. Fast fan = high CPU temperature = bad for computer.

If it's on gaming mode, it shouldn't block stuff like that.

Eh, how about the other quite usual stuff? Especially referring to updated graphic drivers (or downgrading, if it happened suddenly more often after an update). Other option is obviously checking the graphic options in the RO setup and using another graphic mode (top option).

Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith

08-06-2011 07:59 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Hm. Well I'm running with fog/that other stuff off, but highest resolution and screen size. Not sure if making it lesser would fix this issue.

I might do like you mentioned, and go putting on gears/taking em off and going through warps. See if it dc's me. So far it seems that actually warping from the teleporter is the culprit, rather than walking through a warp to another map. But my memory is scarce at best. ._.

Settings right on the speed fan? Might need your run through on that when I get it. Atm pretty busy.

Graphics driver...well its an integrated nvidia motherboard visual cards- came with my pc. So it wouldn't be surprising at all if it had a bit to do with it, though Im pretty positive my drives are upgraded right.

Ign:
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

08-06-2011 08:34 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

If it came with your PC you should simply run a check on the nvidia website for new drivers.

In the options there is a clickbox saying "Log" somewhere in a table in the preferences. Just click it.

I'm not talking about resolution but about output mode (Direct 3D, Direct 3D HAL, etc etc).

Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith

08-07-2011 05:52 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Oh. I've never messed with the output mode, didn't really know what it did.

Overall, my graphics card is 'good', but I can tell its cheap. It doesn't quite run like it should- if I can't play unreal tournament local on 1 player, with no lag, and it be on it's best resolution (which surprisingly isn't bad for that game which is great, even though I can't play it the best on here).

Still haven't gotten past a few levels in portal, due to extreeeeeme lag upon popping a portal, even on the lowest graphics settings possible.

Ign:
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

08-07-2011 09:58 AM
2cat Offline

This has been happening to me a lot lately. Started about maybe 4 days ago. I always run no-death and I usually don't wear out of the ordinary gear. It happens to me when I have no gear on my person or in my cart.

Today though, I accidentally started HeRO through the patcher window and I didn't crash at my usual places(prontera anyone?). After triggering about a million loading screens I went back to no-death and hello, loading screen crash first try.

So maybe others are using no-death as well? And for gods sake, get rid of the auto /ns on no-death already.
08-08-2011 07:29 PM