Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Color Pallet's
Goetz Offline

New Color Pallet's

Alright, so I'm just going to get this off my chest. I'm not really diggin' the color options I am given, and I know the GM's wan't to bring more color's to the table. So! That being said I took a couple of my favorite colors from ratemyserver.

IF YOU GUYS ADD THESE I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER... Love

[Image: RagnarokSkins-1.jpg] My Favorite are the First two, on the second and last row. Thanks!

To be honest, as a knight/lord knight, the first 77 colors are kinda useless because the peco peco is pure black... The reason I don't like 90% of the colors is due to the fact that there is always that one random color that doesn't even go with the rest of the pallet.

Anyways, I know I'm requesting a lot, but please!!! If you guys add these. . . . . . KissyIcon_biggrinKissy2

Thanks GM Team,

Goetz,

Goetz - 99/70 Lord Knight
Sir Goetz - 80/50x Paladin
High Priest Goetz - 90/50x Priest
Goetz Jr - 70/50x Perma Swordsman
Merchant Goetz - 80/50x Blacksmith
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 03:05 AM by Goetz.)
09-10-2011 02:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aevyn Offline

RE: New Color Pallet's

I have to agree, the palettes offered are... lacking.??There are only two dyes for the Stalker that I find acceptable.??I realize that it's all a matter of opinion, but you'd figure that with so many dyes there'd be more good ones. (I have never understood why people like "non RO colored" dyes so much.)

I suggest implementing Kowai's Shifted Palletes.??It's not the newest palette pack out there, so it doesn't have expanded classes, but all reborn classes are covered.??If the person in charge of palettes doesn't have access to these dyes, I can provide them.

The pack provides a script where you select a primary and a secondary color for your character.??You choose between the following colors:??Black, Blue, Green, Lemon, Orange, Scarlet, Violet, and White.??All of the colors are "RO colors."??As in, they exist elsewhere in the game... and thus they fit in.

Some examples from a server which used this pack:

From left to right, chosen mixes are:
Blue/Lemon, Black/White, Green/White, and Red/White.

[Image: kowaiex.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 07:14 PM by Aevyn.)
09-10-2011 07:42 AM
Goetz Offline

Yeah I don't know about Kowai's dye selection. Again it seems all the same. I was hoping the server could just put in Amber's Dye's (77-303). It would make me extremely happy.

Could we get a GM's point of view on this? Icon_wink

09-10-2011 04:29 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Making palettes isn't really all that easy.??I know that a palette update for mounted swordy class has been on the table for years.??I know this because I was originally supposed to be making said palette... Sweat

However, I had to abandon that because it was just obnoxiously difficult to make a palette.??It's just a giant grid that you set your varying shades of selected hues into.??There's no real preview until it's implemented, I don't think.

Those palettes look nice, but it's kinda difficult to just implement them from a stock photo.??=\

[EDIT]

Of course, you could always make and submit the palette yourself! Hell, why not just join the T&D team to see what else they're all working on?

The list is huge. They could use the help. Ok

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 04:35 PM by Whispers.)
09-10-2011 04:30 PM
Goetz Offline

All of the pallets that are shown above are taken off of ratemyserver's Amber Dye selection [77-303]

All of the servers I've played on in the past had all 77-303 pallets. I don't know how it works but doesn't the server "come with" these? Or can't they just pick and choose which wants they want implemented?

Like I said, I don't know how it works, but can't they just take them off of something rather them "make" them?

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 05:54 PM by Goetz.)
09-10-2011 05:52 PM
Aevyn Offline

Quote:Making palettes isn't really all that easy.??I know that a palette update for mounted swordy class has been on the table for years.??I know this because I was originally supposed to be making said palette... Sweat

However, I had to abandon that because it was just obnoxiously difficult to make a palette.??It's just a giant grid that you set your varying shades of selected hues into.??There's no real preview until it's implemented, I don't think.
This isn't really true.??Creating a palette is really easy.??Creating a good looking palette... that's another story.??A good dye takes colors/shades etc into account.??A good dye also makes use of as many different grids as possible (certain classes share the same dye files, which limits how much you can customize one class without screwing over several others).

I'm not sure how you worked on your dyes, but previewing dyes is very possible.??In Adobe Photoshop (and possibly other applications), you can see in real-time the changes you make to the palette.

Quote:Those palettes look nice, but it's kinda difficult to just implement them from a stock photo.??=\
For Kowai's pack, it's not difficult at all.??As I said, I have the actual dye files if needed.??I assume that the Amber pack is available for download as well.
09-10-2011 07:24 PM
SkyStormKuja Offline
The Great Muffin

Kowai's palette sounds like a great idea.
I also prefer more 'fitting' colours in many cases. It makes everything seem neater.

[Image: f44qqu.png]
~Anima~ 7x/3x - Champion
Nathaniel Hawkins 9x/6x - Stalker
Sora Sacrificulous 9x/6x - High Priest
SniperAngel 9x/6x - Sniper
09-11-2011 06:05 AM
Twone Offline

Forum Police Wrote:Don't stretch the forum page.
Kthxbye~

"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else."

IGN:
Cloud 9 - 8X/5X Whitesmith
09-11-2011 06:35 AM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

Ya +1.. 50% of the colors are just useless on a peco and dismissing my peco again and again costs money I don't have. O.o PLEASE LET ME LOOK COOL!!! XD

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
09-11-2011 06:31 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

This thread++

Also, why not make more hair palettes too?
09-11-2011 07:16 PM