Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WTFBBQ
Harumatsu Offline

WTFBBQ

Ticket Response:

Hello. Have you tried installing to a new folder? It is not advised to
install over another folder as there are items that may still interfere with the launching of a client.

Response:

I have. I've installed to a new folder with the Full Installer. I've installed over a brand new RO Client folder with the Light Installer, I've installed over a pre-tested fully functional Server Client Folder that's running pre-rebirth unpatched (since patching now converts RO Directories to Rebirth as of last month) and still no dice...

To Recap: 5 times now downloading and installing the full client download and I cannot connect. 5 times downloading the Light Installer as well.

I go to run the exe and I get the windows maximize animation immediately before a minimize animation. No processes run. I've deleted the Data folder the Full Installer installs in the RO directory, I've left it in-tact. I've altered the Notepad File (Value 2 read rData instead of sData straight from the Full Installer) and I've left it alone. I now have 8 different folders labeled HeRO in different locations throughout my system (with varients 1-8 attached to the folder name) and am messing around with the internal components of each to get this damned thing functioning.

Any ideas or suggestions at all would be appreciated, even if I've already done them. Hopefully I can get a new innovation to attempt here lol
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2011 11:17 PM by Harumatsu.)
09-17-2011 11:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harumatsu Offline

RE: WTFBBQ

**Double Post for lack of Edit/Laziness**

I just finished a re-download of the full client and removed any and all variations of RO from my system entirely. Here's to hoping it was some sort of wonkey cross reference check to some other RO directory and my computer was being absolutely batshitcrazy....
09-17-2011 11:20 PM
Harumatsu Offline

Yeah.... this is taking all-together way too much effort to run. The Full Installer should be Download -> Install -> Play

Even for someone of my patience, knowledge of the workings of RO and client systems, and tenaciousness when confronted with a challenge....

It's too much. 14 hours straight (One of my two days off) spent working on getting this damn thing to function to no avail is more than I possess the patience for.

Sorry guys. This place looks awesome, I'd have loved to play. But now I think if I got on I'd just be so royally pissed with the amount of time it's simply taken me to log in that a low rate grind would just kill my ambition to play at all, and I'd be subject to idling in the main town singing lyrics to the annoyance of others and doing absolutely nothing productive.

To prevent the loss of potential new players (as I am sure there are many with far less patience and experience than myself) I suggest implementing an IRC Chat with a support GM actively idle within for just this sort of thing, in the stead of a ticket system.

Almost sad to close this tab... almost. Fair thee well, appearingly worth-while community and server~
09-17-2011 11:44 PM
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

aw gawd. RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.
[Image: sn1bw7.gif]
09-18-2011 12:09 AM
Harumatsu Offline

XP~ (No this isnt an Emote)
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2011 12:17 AM by Harumatsu.)
09-18-2011 12:16 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??WTFBBQ

Harumatsu Wrote:Yeah.... this is taking all-together way too much effort to run. The Full Installer should be Download -> Install -> Play

It is.

If there's a problem it's on your end.

I don't want to sound like dick, but that's the case. No sense complaining about the server's files if it's you having the issue.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
09-18-2011 01:00 AM
Harumatsu Offline

It's not so much a matter of pointing fingers at what the issue is. It's a matter of real-time support as opposed to a ticket system.
09-18-2011 01:06 AM
Harumatsu Offline

Fixed the problem. Client Hexing was required. Wow, that took unusually long. I'm usually far better at trouble shooting than this. Ah well, in game now. Apologies for the raging.
09-18-2011 01:17 AM
Hiroshi Offline
iMpig

U made quite an entrance to server as hero-newbie.
Hope you have a good time here. "Good luck and have fun"

[Image: BYNNp.gif] [Image: BYNNp.gif]
09-18-2011 12:27 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Totally stole Maha's adage and killed it. It's:

GL and HF!

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
09-19-2011 12:29 AM