Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Resetting SLS, how to?
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Resetting SLS, how to?

This has been brought up before:
  • Yes, resetting SLS is implemented.
  • No, we won't have an NPC to do it for us (unless it's for castles - in which case, it's a maybe).
  • Panda says it works like it's supposed to.

My question is this:
    How's it supposed to work?

I mean, is it the official iRO wiki way which states that we need to be seated next to a TK with happy status enabled and regening HP?

That doesn't make sense since Happy Rest - which enables Happy Status - regens SP.

Also, when you look up exactly how others have done it, they have different methods.??So, it appears it's different for each server.

Tell me.??PLEASE.??How is it supposed to work here on heRO?

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2011 06:19 AM by Whispers.)
09-28-2011 05:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE: Resetting SLS, how to?

*bump

Anyone know?

I've heard the official way. I've heard you need to /doridori the entire time. I've heard you only need to be regening SP. I've heard so many different ways to reset SLS.

How is it supposed to work here? =[

10-11-2011 06:20 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

I don't even know what SLS is ._.;

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-11-2011 07:02 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Solar, Lunar, Stellar skill set for Star Gladiators.

10-11-2011 08:45 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Well all of the things stated have to be in effect.

You must be recovering SP. That means if you regen it all or are overweight, it will not work, and you'll need to spam warm wind or something. I'm not sure on the HP regen stuff, and while it's not affected by Happiness, You do regen HP when sitting next to another Taekwon, so it is plausible it'd work that way too.

Happy Break needs to be active while you're spamming /doridori next to another taekwon type.

I know there is a 0.01% chance from one of these variables to get your guardian angel to come out and grant you your miracle to reset maps, but I dunno which, I presume the head shakes.
10-11-2011 01:40 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

According to iRO Wiki, the variable is on each tick of Peaceful Break (the HP one, hence why you'd need to be recovering HP), and you have to be in Happy status and wait.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
10-11-2011 01:49 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

See???Two different answers again.??=[

One says I need to be regening SP and /doridori'ing forever until it resets at a 0.01% chance.

Another says the official way (which anyone I've ever encountered says doesn't work).

Has anyone here ever actually reset their SLS maps before???What did you do?!??Sentinel and I have been trying to do this for weeks now and NOTHING is working.

In every attempt, we sat next to each other with Happy Status activated:
  • We tried keeping HP constantly regenerating while shaking our heads and while not shaking our heads.
  • We tried to be constantly regenerating SP while constantly shaking our heads and while not.
  • We tried constantly regenerating BOTH SP AND HP while shaking and then not shaking our heads.

I know the latter while shaking our heads is the best way to do things since it encompasses every aspect proposed as necessary for reset, but it is SUCH a hassle to indefinitely spam /doridori (which is HELL on my brand new $70 keyboard - my 6/^ key squeaks now), remove Goibne's set then re-equip Goibne's set every minute (have it set to standard gears, F1-F4; Goibne's set, F5-F8), and stand up every few minutes to spam warm wind like a boss.

It may not seem like a hassle, but try doing this for hours on end.

I also try the individual aspects so we can get our own definite answer about what works.??If we do EVERYTHING and it works, what are we going to tell future SLS resetters???To do EVERYTHING because we couldn't find the EXACT system that's supposed to work?
I'm doing this for other SGs who wanna reset their SLS as much as I'm doing it for myself.

I still wanna know why, if people with 300m can pay the reset guy to more effectively conquer different maps every time they start a new party, then how is paying someone to reset SLS OP or broken?
I've come to accept that because I'm autistic my ToM skills (Theory of Mind - the ability to infer the intentions of another through social cues or a general understanding of the social consciousness) are shot.??So I take it on good faith that there is an actual legitimate reason for why this suggestion was rejected, but it still doesn't make sense that the entire subject of SLS reset just seems to be ignored.
Anytime it's brought up, it's mainly met with ridicule.

Thanks everyone who has come here so far for trying to be helpful instead of trolling.??I greatly appreciate it and I'm sure Sentinel does as well.??We're just trying to make the best of a shitty situation and you guys are awesome for helping.??Ok

10-11-2011 06:39 PM
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

I believe you just need to have happy time and have the HP skill activate. No need for the dori spamming, Gravity makes hardcore stuff for RO, but that would be stupid, not hardcore.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
10-11-2011 08:49 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

last i checked you needed one of the skills that activate by sitting down and just dori spam till it works.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-12-2011 11:11 PM