Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reminder to sellers :O
Shikari Offline
Br?

Reminder to sellers :O

Icon_smile I'd like to remind all the 'newer' (since its with them I notice/hear about this the most):

Just because obtaining X thing in RO took you Y hours, and you can make Z zeny per hour at hillwinds, that X is not worth Y*Z zeny.

I honestly do not care that it took you a 100 hours to get a cotton shirt and you can make 1 mil per hour at HW, I will not buy your cotton shirt for 100m, because that is not its goddamn price Icon_suprised!

2ndedit: Prices are based both on "Supply and Demand" (and if you don't know what that is google it, not the hardest economic term), and ease of kill (in RO's case).

The reason some cards are worth more than others, poring vs hillwind [Yea I love HW] for the sake of an example, is because poring cards are hatters, why are they hatters? because you don't significantly benefit from kill a hundred thousand porings, compared to if you killed a hundred thousand hillwinds.

Other slightly more useful cards like anubis are worth pretty much nothing because you can one shot them, whether you did or didn't one shot them, or whether or not it took you 10 hours vs 4 months doesn't raise its price.

So next time you're gonna vend anything think about how good the supply is, how many people want it, and how easy it is to theoretically obtain it.

Thanks Icon_biggrin.

edit: added emoticons Ok

(I think I covered everything at least superficially, anything I'm wrong about feel free to correct me Kissy )

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2011 07:49 PM by Shikari.)
09-29-2011 07:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE: Reminder to sellers :O

Wrong about it all !

Strike this foolery from the bill, we never ordered this ! >:O

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
09-29-2011 07:56 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

yea, those hydra cards in pront need to be about 2 m less.

I do tend to price things more on their usefulness, but if there's 50 billion of them out on the market, I'd definately price it much cheaper in order to move it (moving meaning get rid of it)

Likewise if I had a monopoly of a product (being the only one??who even HAS a particular item to sell) and there was Loads of demand for it, I could theoretically charge any price, the skies the limit.

Usefulness is the limiting factor of Supply and demand IMO since in game, we aren't required to price items near the competition's prices by government laws in game.

Everything in Parentheses were included for the people who don't have much of a business vocabulary and/or thought Monopoly was a boardgame.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2011 09:39 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
09-29-2011 09:20 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

lol there's that, and then there's also the fact that...

JUST BECAUSE IT SOLD AT THAT PRICE DOES NOT MAKE IT THE PRICE OF THE ITEM.
Examples
There was someone desperate for a hodrem card trying to buy one for 10m not too long ago. That is a card that everyone I know who bought it (including myself only a few months ago) bought for 2.5m or so. Now, yeah, with the recent inflation, it's prolly higher. But 4x? Yeah right. Even Pasanas, which were 6m before their original hike, plateaued at 10-12m.
So, why is that person offering 10m for something that they can get for much less? Because that person saving a hodrem for a specific shield they're hunting might go "Hey, I can get another for much less than that" and sell the card. Or, if someone else is adverting for buying one, what seller is gonna chose the lower value? People over-price all the time (Ange sells OBs at 5m when it's generally accepted that they're worth 3-4m, and they do actually sell). Whether it's to encourage people to sell the item to them, or because it's on a vend that will happily sit all hours of the day for that one desperate buyer to pay the OP amount because they need the item. Doesn't change that the price being offered is still higher than the item's worth. The generally accepted price is the value most players (not just a select few) will pay for the item.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2011 11:43 PM by ABlueJelly.)
10-02-2011 11:41 PM
Bee Offline

i like this thread, economics knowledge ftw <3
10-05-2011 12:04 AM