Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Price Checking for art shop =D
Draco Offline
Shadow Writer

Price Checking for art shop =D

So I was wanting to open an art shop for people on HeRo but the thing was...I don't know how to price stuff. Here are some of the examples I have right now of some of my art.

Another Chibi

The anime adult form was a quick one for someone for their birthday. Sadly I don't have any actual digital versions of my anime adults. Just a camera shot of a traditional before it was ever scanned and colored. Of course it'll have a lot more detail colored when I do sell it. Such as smoother lines and better shading.

Quick Adult Anime
Traditional adult anime -Keep in mind the actual traditional will be scanned so better quality.

Plushies
09-30-2011 08:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Price Checking for art shop =D

I personally wouldn't pay much since there isn't a lot of detail involved in them (by detail I mean shading and/or fancy lines). I'd maybe be willing to go with 200k or so on chibis though, but maybe 500-800k on the adult figures. If you decide to put a little more detail with shading, fancy lines, backgrounds, and whatnot I would definitely pay more for all of that.

Generally when pricing your own art for in game money/items you should take in consideration how much time it takes for you to make a finished product and then also about how much money you can make in game if you were to farm instead. If you're more capable to make more money in game per hour spent instead of the price you charge for art, then its probably too low. However, overvaluing your art can be bad too, since then nobody will want to purchase it.

Its hard to price check on someone else's art, there is a reason artist's typically set their own prices, even in the real world.

Anyway, hope I've been some help in the end.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-30-2011 08:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Draco Offline
Shadow Writer

Yea it has been a lot of help. I always tend to under price or over price things in my head even in game. I usually always have to price check stuff because I fail at guestimating. I mean I suck at farming on my own since I have no good equips for most of my characters and the one high leveled one with good equips is still super squishy so she can't solo half of the stuff that gives decent exp.
09-30-2011 09:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

It's all about supply and demand.

My formula:
low payment = high request
high payment = low request
good images = more time consumption
sketch images = time efficiency
bad images = just lazy
full body request = hazard
bust request = artist friendly