Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
bringing back the good cards to OCA
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

RE: bringing back the good cards to OCA

what a pleasant and hard working way to get your gears, adrillf. i'm glad you suggested that bodom do that when he doesn't even want a GR (no more than a regular person does anyway). if you support being a leech, why not just add all the good cards back to OCA and spare being an asshole to DoE?
Ok

edit: not for or against any the original topic anywho. more leaning towards "no". GR at least should only be obtainable from hunting it, and it sucks that a lot of people got them so easily, but there's nothing we can do about it now. i don't really know any other cards removed from OCA that were such a problem

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2011 10:18 PM by Incarn.)
10-16-2011 10:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

Adrillf must have missed the boat when it comes to joining DoE for free gear because he still uses observation wings in woe.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
10-16-2011 10:20 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: ??bringing back the good cards to OCA

Shikari Wrote:
Adrillf Wrote:Join the club.

Or do what everyone else that complains about not having good gears does- join DoE or whatever the group is that's anti-behe that has a tendancy to hand out good items and gears to whoever hangs out with them, and then just steal it from people that retire.

Lol, really?

Yah this is a bit overboard for a comment dontcha think? Don't good guilds trade and lend items out amongst each other to perform better whether it is WoE or PvM/MvP?

The other half is also typical behavior of many players who are trying to leave the server. I didn't know these behaviors were wrong though.

However I think its more wrong for people to only hang around certain individuals just hoping to get some of the digital pixel item pie in the sky. :x

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-16-2011 10:29 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??bringing back the good cards to OCA

Adrillf Wrote:Albus was trying to say this, but the sarcasm seemed to miss you-
"Welcome to MMO's. Every single MMO is like this. People that play longer than you have an advantage. Get use to it."

I'm sorry that you didn't get that the first time around, but hopefully with this Albus to English translation you'll be able to get his comment.

Thanks Adrillf!

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-16-2011 11:38 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE:????bringing back the good cards to OCA

Aaronock Wrote:
Shikari Wrote:
Adrillf Wrote:Join the club.

Or do what everyone else that complains about not having good gears does- join DoE or whatever the group is that's anti-behe that has a tendancy to hand out good items and gears to whoever hangs out with them, and then just steal it from people that retire.

Lol, really?

Yah this is a bit overboard for a comment dontcha think???Don't good guilds trade and lend items out amongst each other to perform better whether it is WoE or PvM/MvP?

The other half is also typical behavior of many players who are trying to leave the server.??I didn't know these behaviors were wrong though.

However I think its more wrong for people to only hang around certain individuals just hoping to get some of the digital pixel item pie in the sky. :x

Dunno, but when I joined DoE (and currently as far as I know), to get mvp gears you actually have to help kill the MvP. As for other items, as every other guild theres a system for people to get them.

The most you can get for free is gear being lent, not given away [as any other guild should do in order to make sure they can preform better].

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-16-2011 11:46 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

Can we not turn this into Guild war please?

Back to Cards and OCA?

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-17-2011 12:11 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

RE:??bringing back the good cards to OCA

Landon Wrote:Adrillf must have missed the boat when it comes to joining DoE for free gear because he still uses observation wings in woe.

I also don't use c.whites, blues, foods, or for the most parts gems.

Totally missed the item consumption boat as well on my HW.

I also don't wear any reductions on my HW either (I'm too lazy to move my shield, armor, f.beret, garment, and knife) from my prof to my HW. I don't even wear top tier dex gear either. However, for the most part, even with all of those negatives going up against me, I'm still able to be annoying in WoE and slow people down, and that's all I'm trying for.

As for the debate about good cards and earning cards and gears from people that retire, those of you who have these items have yet to answer my question; were you there when the card dropped for you or did you inherit it? The majority of the people out there did not farm or earn their gears, but instead inherited them. This is one of the reasons why I created "Adrillf's Quiting Service"
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...003&page=1
I was tired of people inheriting items and gears that they did not earn. There was also the notion that people kept on quitting and just showing up again that annoyed me, but this idea of heirloom items annoys me.

Back on topic- OCA's are the way they are, and the GM's have decided to keep it that way. Sorry you weren't around when the OCA's gave out different cards, but it has been changed and they're not going to change it back. The cards still exist, so you have a few options:
1- go farm it
2- inherit them from a person who quits
3- keep on complaining (this will not evoke the same final response as solutions 1 or 2 but does lead to some good internet humor at your cost)
10-17-2011 12:21 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Actually, I've inherited very very few items over my time here. Also said items I did inherit were not necessarily the best things ever (eventually just became spillover items to my boyfriend's account).

I was here when GR and Angeling and even Maya Pee were still in OCA's. Did I ever get one from the fishings I only did very rarely...no. But do I care...not really. :]

Do I have a problem with people inheriting items: not really, its kind of expected to happen when people try to quit. If they wanna come back later they can, its not like they got banned or something.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-17-2011 12:54 PM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

I was around for the GR thing but as i had no idea fishing dropped OCA's and really didnt fish at all i didnt get the same chance as others. Again my arguement is that GR was in OCA's cause OCA's arnt obtained without killing an mvp usually. HeRO made it so that OCA's were gotten pretty regularily while fishing, and while it may not have been a high drop it was still faster then hunting GR. If you wanted a GR card back then did you go hunt GR? No you went fishing. but w/e obviously this was a fair and honest way to earn GR's and theres no reason to be upset that newer people didnt get that option

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue