Poll: Was Orcus' difficulty balanced regarding the loots?
This poll is closed.
Orcus was too easy 0% 0 0%
Orcus seemed balanced 0% 0 0%
Orcus was too hard 25.93% 7 25.93%
I was not present during the event, or I'm not sure 74.07% 20 74.07%
Total 27 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Orcus discussion thread
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

Orcus discussion thread

As experienced in the event:

Orcus has 10m HP, abuses earthquake, uses wide meteor storm on rude attack, uses pulse strike just for fun, heals a lot and changes to ghost element on 1/3 life approx.

Orcus is going to be located in Thanatos tower, on a new floor, with a natural respawm time of possibly 8 to 12 hours. To enter the floor, the party needs to spend Thanatos quest items such as stones or fragments.

The main gear of interest is Orcus Bracers, dropped at 9% (12% during the 7/7/4).
It's trans only, slotted once, grants +2 str and +3% damage on demi-humans. It's quite much the equivalent of Orlean Gloves to the STR characters, but doesn't combo with any other gear.

There shouldn't be any need to compare this to the accessory that grants +40 str. It's not the same game balance impact. By adding this accessory, Pandora and I knows that we are pushing the gear slightly higher, quite like Gravity does with every patch.

I want to have your impression about the gameplay you experienced during your fight against Orcus.

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
10-17-2011 09:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

RE: Orcus discussion thread

does he have slaves azote?

There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.
[Image: sn1bw7.gif]
10-17-2011 11:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

I wasn't present at the event but from the description you make of him, you pretty much force the party engaging him to hold at least 1 gtb unless his eq is reasonable enough to be tanked by a 12 player party o.o

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
10-17-2011 11:44 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

That or have 2 SL's in your team, but they would haveta be 99 I think to climb Thana here (custom stuff that let's extendeds enter the higher levels).

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-17-2011 11:50 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

if you mean the reflect or kaupe thing, it only tanks the first hit of EQ for you and no others; tested and proven, but i guess it could make a difference. just need neutral resists (all dem GRs!!11!) and it's probably reasonable.

anyway didn't fight, was sleeping like a boss. the map he spawns on is HUGE guys so even if the mvp gets to be easy-peasy he'd still take forever and a day to get to and kill; just a note for others :o

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
10-17-2011 11:56 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Well, not really, if GMs will leave him to be statusable and/or pushback-able, it'll be fun. Mihgt try out, tho i'd reduce HP to like 2/3, otherwise it'd take too long for anyone to even try out. Hell it took like 40 people like 50 min to get him down. Not to mention 1243124234234 map resses and ability to fw.
And no, 2 SL would be to spam kaizel on whole party, i guess :D

Edit: Yes, during event he had slaves, which was /ouch. But they are easy to flee, unless that brown zealotus (I believe she was called Anastacia, but not sure) comes and frees loki right on you.

Editedit: On the other hand he has quite low def, I saw like 10k DSs on him, and he was pushback-able, so just stand in LP and keep it away a bit~ Tho EQ would still be problem >.< He was EQing like there is no tomorrow. (And LP not only for his skill spamming, but for that annoying Evil Land skill that Surtur and Beelze has <.> )

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 12:53 AM by Ptah.)
10-18-2011 12:46 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

A mvp that can be pushed back....wtf? o.o

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
10-18-2011 12:59 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

1 word... too much...
10-18-2011 01:07 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Orcus discussion thread

Incarn Wrote:if you mean the reflect or kaupe thing, it only tanks the first hit of EQ for you and no others; tested and proven, but i guess it could make a difference. just need neutral resists (all dem GRs!!11!) and it's probably reasonable.

anyway didn't fight, was sleeping like a boss. the map he spawns on is HUGE guys so even if the mvp gets to be easy-peasy he'd still take forever and a day to get to and kill; just a note for others :o
Naw, traditional way of dealing with valk's EQ when not reflect killing it was to have linkers on strandby to spam??that auto-ress skill. Nowadays, (assuming someone tanking or doing damage dies when auto-ress happens)that's probably cause for monsters to teleport.

My preferred tactic with MVPs with EQ is having a Wiz/Hwiz on standby doing nothing but spamming icewall to act as a damage sponge when something does do earthquake. I'm not sure how viable a solution that is against Orcus since I haven't seen or fought him yet, but??icewall damage sponge tactic can easily make the strongest EQ a joke spell, especially if there's a lot of icewalls out on the field when it's cast. (reasoning: Damage is devided by number of targets hit, each icewall adds like 4 or 5 targets to be hit, spreading out the damage that much more.)

I think if he's close enough, pulse strike will destroy the icewalls, and I know valk's LoV hurts ice wall, so I'm assuming Meteor does similar stuff.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 01:29 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
10-18-2011 01:08 AM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

I think its awesome we have custom mvps.
I WANT THE BRACERS >:O
k now to find 50 people to go farm(be massacred by) himIcon_twisted

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
10-18-2011 06:49 AM