Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Meet a friend, lose an enemy! [Event]
09Kisame09 Offline
heRO Ghost

Meet a friend, lose an enemy! [Event]

Ok, so in my time on heRO, I've noticed a few trends.
(This is not to be debated as they are my observations, not fact)

People, as I've seen tend to not interact too much with each other, unless you know the person(s) or if you're the naturally outgoing person who wants to talk to everyone. We go about our business, and I've only seen conversation occur if someone was asking for buffs, or if you're selling/buying items or perhaps even if you're in a party with a group with either friends or acquisitions you don't know but talk to anyways for the sake of an effective party.

I wanted to sort of remedy this, and present a social event where I will be sitting in a certain spot, and if you're interested in the event, you can swing by and participate.

What is this event?

This will be a social event that will drag people out of their proverbial shells, to interact with someone they've never talked to, or to settle issues they have with someone else in a peaceful manner. I feel that this event will cause people to make new friends, and to resolve past issues that have either broken a friendship, or prevented the gain of a new one.

How will it go down?

I'll be in a certain spot, which I haven't decided yet and when I do, I'll post it in this OP. Anyways, I'll be in a certain spot, where all the participants will meet around me for the duration of the event.

What do I have to do to participate?

Not a thing! Just show up. Any character is welcomed, but please, if you attend, be polite to anyone you meet, and civil towards anyone you'd like to resolve an issue with. This is a social event designed to repair relationships, and to work on building new ones.

How do I sign up?

There's no formal sign up, as this is just a social event but if you're interested, do make a note of it on this thread so that I can have an idea of what I'm expecting.

When will this event take place?

Wednesday, October 26th from 5:00 PM (HeRO time: GMT- 500) until whenever you feel like leaving! I'll probably set a hard end time to be around 7:00 PM.

So ultimately, this event is to help increase and to improve the social atmosphere on HeRO. I hope you guys are interested!

Proud leader of the Squirtle Squad
[Image: Gp7rqgU.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2011 05:43 PM by 09Kisame09.)
10-20-2011 05:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Icy Offline
I can use Sight in RL!!!

RE: Meet a friend, lose an enemy! [Event]

I'm down fo sure

[Image: h6178ca9b.gif]

Icy- 99/70 HP
Super Icy- 99/99 Super Novice
MSG. Icy- 92/70 Gunslinger
.Icy.- 83/52 champ
:Icy:- 79/50 blacksmith
10-20-2011 05:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vahn_ashwood Offline
O_o All glory to the hypnotoad....

If you hold this in morroc,. you have to give away cake

Yoink!
[Image: x6nexl.gif]
Chars: BK SinX, Swordie, GS, Asura Monk, Ninja
10-20-2011 06:01 PM
ManiacManiac19 Offline
space olympics champion guy#1

This isn't a dating service, is it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xargRtra2M

[Image: 14233_s.gif]
in distant worlds, playing as..
[N]John Smith[7] {level 612 ardat-yakshi necromancer}
..and many others!
10-20-2011 06:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

hmm, for the most part,??people who converse with me are people who like (what I think are) my witty, sacrastic?and??snyde comments on main. There may be 1 or 2 people who may like or hate the way my character looks and we do small talk.

But I don't log in to the game to chat. I log in to play. Most conversations outside of main/party/guild do not last. There are those few that catch me off guard and keep me around, but I'm generally rushing off to do my next thing because simply sitting around and talking is boring to me, and??tends to make me log out faster, not to say I won't post a wall of text when the situation arises. =/

Some times when I'm bored, I do take time out of my busy busy-ness to help out??random people??(whom I've never met) out with stuff, and I do make friends that way. The other half are either guildies whom I comment on in G-Chat, or party members who contact me because they think "Hey! That player is somewhat competent at what he/she/it does! Imma friend him so I can party him/her/it at a later time/date!"

I love the fact I'm not a Zubat or Ratatta!

I do think this event is a good Idea, but I don't think it'd work for me.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2011 06:43 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
10-20-2011 06:36 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

^I consider a 'friend' of sorts. Where you been the past couple days? The hunting was fun. Ok

This sounds like a potentially good, or ban-happy event. We'll see how it goes, but I can say I likely will not be coming.

The ideal of 'settling issues' with 'enemies' in game just doesn't sound practical. Typically I leave them alone if nothing is aimed my or my friend's ways, unless I'm in a particularly anal mood. So most of the time, isn't much to settle- and I'll dislike them whilst I move along my merry way.

I wish you the best of luck with it. If this meet & greet works out, and should you hold it again- I'll do my best to attend.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
10-20-2011 07:41 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

How social is social? I can be very social, is that allowed? ;D

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-20-2011 07:46 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Is it okay to show up late?
Reason being, if I showed up I would be late as I work that day till 5:00PM.

Anyway even if I should not pop my head in, have fun with your event, and good luck with it!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-20-2011 07:59 PM
09Kisame09 Offline
heRO Ghost

This isn't a formal event, so no worries Aaronock. Also Shikari, talkative people will make the event more effective.

(If anyone sees Shikari asking for phone numbers, flog him with a noodle)

Proud leader of the Squirtle Squad
[Image: Gp7rqgU.png]
10-20-2011 09:17 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

I don't get off until 8 that night (7pm server time). If anyone's still there, you might see me. Iunno. We'll see. I tend to shy away from these kindsa things, but people seem to be less annoyed by me lately. Maybe I just might make an appearance. Ok

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
10-20-2011 09:32 PM