Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reduce castles in woe to 1
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

Reduce castles in woe to 1

Simply i'm not sure if people understand what woe is on this server. Woe is supposed to be guilds fighting for territory against other guilds to build eco and potentially invest to create god items. What woe is on hero is 3 castles with 3 guilds of 15 or less people each woe camping castles and not actually fighting. How is this woe when people are not fighting? Woe stands for "War of Emperium". I think in war, people are supposed to fight right? And for the population this server has atm for woe, 3 castles and even 2 castles is too much.

Here is the thing, if you go down to 2 castles, woe will not change at all. This is because DoE and Behemoth are just gonna do exactly as they are doing atm and camp 2 castles forcing KoJ to decide which guild to attack "which is most likely behe as evidence of the past few weeks of woe". People have been quitting because of the sad, boring state of woe on this server. When people are so spread out you get no action. Seriously go into retro woe and watch that. It's like 10 vs 10 almost every week and its actually fun to attend when i'm able to go. This is because everyone is forced into just 1 castle and guilds don't end up just running away from each other. It's awesome that teatime is trying to gear characters to take on flying pancakes and take over their castle just like FP used to do back when bamboo squad dominated the scene for such a long time.

People should not be given free guild castles just because they break an emp last minute on an empty castle DoE or Behe cant defend because they can barely muster up the numbers anymore to defend the 2 castles they defend. If there is 1 castle we will have action. If DoE is holding lets say prontera castle and behe realizes they cant take it down alone, they can just semi ally with KoJ and work together to break it down. DoE isn't all powerful like people think and can easily lose a castle if people are willing to put the effort to just get some basic gears and to use slim whites/blues to break through.

I want competition in woe again and for the server to be fun. People like own, deviri, Kiri, Dirge, and many others who used to be regulars to woe have all quit/barely play because woe just isn't fun anymore. Until this server has at least 4 guilds of at least 15+ attendance per woe, there is absolutely no reason for this server to have more then 1 castle atm. Make people earn it.
10-27-2011 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE: Reduce castles in woe to 1

Shrinking down to one (which I lost count of how many times this came up even before it was bumped to 3) will most likely just cause more people to quit than give them more to battle. I'm starting to remember all the whines people made to open up a third castle a good while back.

If you want more people, train or find some incentive to make Social guilds Fight in WoE. Most won't because they find PvP fights incredibly boring, so really good luck with that.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-27-2011 03:12 PM
Cerberus Offline

Seriously i doubt this whole server knows what WoE stands for and ppl should rlly stop talking about stuff they dont know about, this server is dying and no one can deny that, i USED to have fun in this server with woe and all the like, now thanks for the 3rd castle this was just a castle camping with 0 fights, too many ppl including me are just thinking on quitting this server for real cuz this server rlly dosent give a damn about woe but to custom hats and stuff in the like for social ppl (lol...)
Thumbs up for this suggestion and if u dont know about woe or just come to qq cuz u dont wanna lose ur free castle the gtfo
10-27-2011 03:23 PM
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

RE:??Reduce castles in woe to 1

Snowhawk Wrote:Shrinking down to one (which I lost count of how many times this came up even before it was bumped to 3) will most likely just cause more people to quit than give them more to battle.??I'm starting to remember all the whines people made to open up a third castle a good while back.

If you want more people, train or find some incentive to make Social guilds Fight in WoE.??Most won't because they find PvP fights incredibly boring, so really good luck with that.

What do you think I did 18 months ago when i created FP out of a bunch of social people into a 15 person woe guild? Also this topic is mostly for people who "actually" woe. Regardless of what the circumstances are you wont woe and you have proven that when you quit behemoth. All you do is troll woe threads and say why this person or that person is wrong when you clearly have never once woe seriously. And the people who were agreeing on 3 castles long ago were people who didn't even woe but said they might try it if it was 3 but guess what, even after 3 castles were made they still didn't show up. If you don't like woe then fine don't woe. But people from other servers that wanna woe on a low rate will never take this server seriously the way woe is atm.
10-27-2011 03:25 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

I never quit Behe.??I ended up getting a job that took time away from playing RO and they needed room for people that did like to WoE.??And no one takes WoE on a Low rate server seriously.??Its a joke when you move to a higher rate and tell them you WoE'd on a Low Rate Server.??They just laugh and ask if you want to join a real WoE.

My purpose for giving my two cents.??We have one castle, people whine and moan that there needs to be more castles, no one does anything so GMs open new castle.??That isn't good enough.??Whines come in open more cause its no fun.??Now waiting period goes through, GMs open another castle.??More whines come in, its not fun, shrink it back to one.

WoE is stuck in an endless cycle, as soon as it shrinks to one, it'll be complained that there need to be more castles.??Only real thing most WoE centric people, and I mean those that like to listen to themselves talk, do is whine about how they aren't having fun.??All you pretty much do when this happens is create unnecessary stress for the GMs.??WoE is something that the Players need to fix.??Whining to the GMs about how you aren't having fun is a personal problem not a server one.??If you don't like how things are going, make your own guild of like minded people, You can possibly make a fourth one there.??Try and recruit from other servers if you can.??General mindset on WoE centric servers is Low rates are horrible for WoE.??That may be just for the five that I've been to in the last year, but that's the general impression.

EDIT: Just thought I should add. I only dislike WoE on this server. I WoE on other Servers which is almost a daily occurrence with exception to Sunday. I like their's better because of other features their WoE's have that make it more fun, but we cannot have those on this server because they are apparently for Renewal from what I heard on here, even though I've experienced the WoE Guardians and those annoying gates on a server 7 years dead.

So I do WoE, just not on heRO cause its always been boring as sin.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2011 03:54 PM by Snowhawk.)
10-27-2011 03:40 PM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

Cerberus Wrote:Thumbs up for this suggestion and if u dont know about woe or just come to qq cuz u dont wanna lose ur free castle the gtfo

I love your arguement of either agree with this or dont say anything so it can happen anyways.

I support the idea but I dont see it going the way you think it will. It'll end up with DoE most likely sitting in a castle for half a year and Behe and KoJ losing all interest in woeing. Just like Bamboo did when FP or ascension or w/e took the only retro guild and held it for a while.

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
10-27-2011 03:58 PM
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

Back when they presented the option of a third castle, i thought it was a good idea since, DoE was strong by short handed, Behe was Big enough but not really THAT strong, and there were some other small guilds running around. It gave WoE some promise, when the 3 castles opened, the 3 tiny guilds running around turned into one microscopic one gimping past the gate, DoE got HUGE all of a sudden, and then KoJ lost shrunk pretty badly.

So the idea of going back to two castles was horrible, since DoE at one point could easily take and defend 2 castles and do a last minute rush for the third. Thinking that we would be stuck outside wasting resources so we could die to precast or by being flanked at the pre emp room was not a fun thought.

Now, Behe camps a castle, DoE sends a small force to attack it since the other half of their handful is precasting and KoJ is left with the option "Attack DoE's small but strong precast OR attack Behe's precast alongside DoE" which we mostly pick the second option since it sounds more fun (simple reasoning really).

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
10-27-2011 04:42 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

If precasting is being bitched about so much, why not upgrade to WoE:SE ?

I realize this is likely just flamebait. Sweat

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
10-27-2011 05:28 PM
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

takhara Wrote:If precasting is being bitched about so much, why not upgrade to WoE:SE ?

I realize this is likely just flamebait. Sweat

Would be a dream come true but wont happen unfortunately. 2.0 is so much better then portal casting. Only place thats even possible is the portal but the gm's could make a rule of no traps at entrance to stop that.
10-27-2011 05:48 PM
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

Would actually be cool, BUT, in the end it would be the same issue of a lot of space and few people.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
10-27-2011 06:35 PM