Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Solution to get a big playerbase once again:
Dirin Offline

Solution to get a big playerbase once again:

give us renewal with 3rd classes, its about damn time.

renewal + 3rd - attract players again = profit.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2011 05:14 PM by Dirin.)
11-17-2011 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE: Solution to get a big playerbase once again:

Most of the player base doesn't want Renewal on here though >>

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
11-17-2011 05:49 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

You do realize that many people left iRO for privates after 3rd classes were released right?

Anyway if we were to have 3rd classes, I'd almost want an extra server just for it to accommodate both types of gameplay, but I also understand that could be hard to do since it GM's then might focus on one server more than the other. =/

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-17-2011 05:52 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Sounds like you haven't really played here that long, its like Aaron said most players are here because we don't have renewal nor 3rd jobs. Honestly if we get renewal + 3rd jobs i'm out Icon_smile I'm sure that's me and some quite some others as well.

We like the server the way it is, if you don't like it then well its easy to guess what you can do to solve your problem.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
11-17-2011 06:00 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I'd probably play more if 3rd classes/renewal mechanics made it here, but I'm not holding my breath. I was around when gravity introduced extended classes. those were a controversial thing, and remain controversial since gravity never really gave them much love after they were introduced.

All of the??Newer things from RO are based on renewal mechanics, and unless we want to customize each and every single little thing that pops up from now til the end of time (Like we did with Manuk and splendide??mobs and Nyddhogger dungeon monsters), we'll probably have to end up going towards renewal to keep things fresh, or come up with our own custom materials like maps and dungeons.

However, due to our quality control stuffs, Ironing out all the little bugs that pop up, and making sure there's good challenge and yet making sure they're still doable challenges, getting things to look pretty and making sure you don't walk through clearly solid concrete walls and getting stuck in magic holes you can't get out of. On top of conception and creation and balancing, new stuff tends to come out a little on the slow side, especially on a private server where pretty much the entire Testing and Development team is volunteers from the player community here. They're not being payed for it, and they have real lives too.

But I suppose that's faster than not having a T&D team, and certainly better than just slapping + 20 all stats on all of the wings and giving every single class lvl 5 Storm gust, LOV and Meteor storm.

They've mentioned before as soon as the officials get a stable and balanced version of 3rd classes (and renewal mechanics), they'd consider adding them, but so far the general answer has been Nay.

Aaronock Wrote:You do realize that many people left iRO for privates after 3rd classes were released right?

Anyway if we were to have 3rd classes, I'd almost want an extra server just for it to accommodate both types of gameplay, but I also understand that could be hard to do since it GM's then might focus on one server more than the other. =/
Didn't iRO end up resetting their servers so EVERYONE had to restart from scratch? That'd make many people leave from any community
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2011 06:32 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-17-2011 07:08 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

No resets on servers happened. They did however open a new server that was named Ymir or Yggdrasil for when the third classes I think were released to iRO.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-17-2011 07:46 PM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Aaron, iirc it was named Ymir. But besides the point.

In my opinion, after tinkering around on a server with third classes for a couple days, is that I much rather prefer the pre-renewal RO much, much more. Most servers added Renewal because it was the 'next thing to do'. In doing this, they have to iron out bugs and substitute the quests for job change npcs.

(..The other server scared me too. You can PM me if you wanna know more about it. I'm still a heRO born and through though. Ok )

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
11-17-2011 08:18 PM