Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Angel Empire
Muzzle Offline
Puppy-dog

RE: Angel Empire

I think we could handle a bit of corruption if it meant you guys joining. Icon_biggrin

I am Tremor. I am also MUZZLE.
04-06-2006 01:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Muzzle Offline
Puppy-dog

oc - This is another IC recruiting message, because I'm a gigantic dork.

"Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda, who'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me; 'Where's that jolly jumbuck you've got in your tucker bag?', 'You'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me!'"

The music is by no means deafening (a bard of MUZZLE's caliber would have a hard time being such), but it's entirely audible and, by the sound of it, you aren't the only one hearing it. Should you choose to pursue its source, you're likely to happen upon the bard himself--though the path to him is...well, nonexistant. A crowd has gathered around the bard; some nod their head, others tap their feet, still others stand motionless - though all the assembled townspeople are transfixed by the minstrel's jovial song.

"Up jumped the swagman, leapt into the billabong. 'You'll never take me alive!' said he. And his ghost may be heard as you pass by the billabong. 'Who'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me?'"

As well as any piper ever led a child, MUZZLE's pronounced beat of his lute entices the rest of the audience to suddenly come to life and call out the chorus with him--likely startling the newcomers.

"Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda, who'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me; and his ghost may be heard as you pass by the billabong, 'Who'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me?'"

With a final arpeggio, the song ends and the crowd thunders in rapturous applause. MUZZLE stands and dips in a flourishing bow. When he rises, the bard's eyes meet yours briefly and he makes a motion for you to stay--while the rest of the crowd makes their exit, mood brightened by the impromptu street-performance. None offer him monetary compensation, and, from the looks of his fine clothing and instrument, it's doubtful he asks for it.

"'allo!" he calls once within polite talking distance, hurrying the last few steps to stand in front of you. "Right, then." A clearing of the throat. "From the looks of ya, I do believe ye may be able to 'elp me out. See, I'm..." He searches for the proper terminology here. "...I guess ye could call me the 'voice' of me guild. What guild y'ask?" Despite their being no question. "Why, none othah than th' famous Angel Empire!"

He pauses for effect, letting the notion sink in. "...only we really ain't quite so famous anymore. See, we've been...well, rathah crippled by inactivity, so to speak. People leavin' us for bluer seas, greener pastures. But I c'd see that changin' with your help." A sly, chaste wink. "We's a fine bunch, us lot, if not a li'l...proud. Some of us are a mite hasty to draw the swords when a good bit of talkin' is all that's in ordah." Another pause.

"We do look out for our own, though. We'll set'cha up right nice, offah ye what we have -- which is quite a lot, actually -- and in retuhn, all we ask if loyalty. Do what ye can ta help us out, be nice, and don't encourage the bard." He strikes a burlesque pose, indicating himself. "If ya interested, do look me up. MUZZLE's tha name. Also keep an eye out for a paladin by tha name of Kaede, and our beloved leader, the ominipotent Alexander. They'd be more than willin' to 'elp."

"This is a hard time for us, deah warrior," he intones, suddenly serious. "If ye can find it in yer 'eart, and if ya'd dig the companionship of a nice buncha blokes, do gives us a shout, eh? Bring us back to our former glory." Before an answer can be reached, however, the bard has disappeared.

-----------------

By all that, I mean Angel Empire's recruiting again. Our only requirements are general niceness, and at least a basic grasp of the English language. And, as always, PM one of us or catch us in game to get recruited. Ignore the rumors. We're nice guys. = )

I am Tremor. I am also MUZZLE.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2006 07:47 AM by Muzzle.)
12-15-2006 07:45 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Nicely worded, said she, smiling from above.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-15-2006 05:34 PM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

Come back AE!
Come back!
TT

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
04-30-2007 12:27 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

nooo!!!
*dances on it's grave >< *

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
04-30-2007 02:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

blast from the past?

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-30-2007 03:07 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Motenai_Ronin Wrote:nooo!!!
*dances on it's grave >< *

Have some respect for the dead, punk.
05-01-2007 10:12 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

puts on clogs / tap dancing shoes Icon_biggrin

Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
05-01-2007 10:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

lol, when the dead rises you'd be the first to have your brain eaten.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
05-02-2007 10:58 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

hrm... zombies are stupid Icon_biggrin have you ever seen Shawn of the Dead? act like you're a zombie and you won't be eaten Icon_biggrin

05-02-2007 06:12 PM