• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trial of Heroes Feedback - November 2011
Former-GM-Glyph Offline
Circe's girlfriends' girlfriend

Trial of Heroes Feedback - November 2011

Host: Glyph

Monsters:
  • Crab Apple
    A crab with basic Knight moves like Bash, Spear Boom, and Pierce. Would also try to crush your armor and weapon in it's claws while draining your spirit and leaping out at you if you happen to be rude.
  • Sweet Corn
    A strange shelled creature with an affinity for magic from the three main elements of Water, Fire, and Lightning. Loves to use it's tentacles to snare enemies and has a shell that is resistant to ranged attacks. When frightened, exudes a cloud of gas that makes it hard to see.
  • King Kalimari
    A squid that fought it's way to be King of the Squids! Learning Tae Kwon Do from a drowning martial artist, this delicacy is certainly not delicate. Using it's ink to blind, defend, and to slow you down, this tentacled menace will whip you with it's improvised kicks.
  • Puff Sushi
    An ironic name given that this monster is more poisonous then anything. Deadly poison runs through it's body, breaking both the agility of others, and destroying magical protections. To defend against it is hard, for it will use it's fangs to crush you in your heavy armor and use rapid attacks to rip you apart.
  • Poppy Seed
    A small insect that follows the Puff Sushi around, using it's foul taste and smell to stun and silence foes, as well as setting them up for the Puff Sushi to attack with more power.
  • Soylent Queen
    A disturbing queen of cannibals, her reign is a terrifying one with her holy radiance tainting the weapons of enemies to never harm her. She attacks from afar with scales that manage to remind others of archers using their main attack. Her godly powers allow her to curse all enemies and she silences infidels before they can speak. Her command of the heavenly forces of thunder have allowed her to command her shocktroopers.
  • Shock Trooper
    The royal guard of the Soylent Queen, using tridents of a poisonous coral that cause confusion and can even be used to knock others out into a deep sleep. Just like the queen they serve, they command the powers of the heavenly light, causing the heavens to streak from the sky in a storm of fury.
Items:
  • 62 Fire Orbs
  • 18 Pirate Treasure Chest
  • 10 White Mustache
  • 8 Moon Jewel
  • 6 Fancy Robe

Trivia:
  • What level do you need to be to use the Burning Bow? 55
  • What is the max level of the skill "Flip the Coin"? 5
  • What Level 8 Food gives 8 Dex? special toast
  • What card gives 30% Fire Resistance on Garments? jakk card
  • What Pet Armor does the Spore wear? bark shorts
  • The Kaiser Knuckle inflicts 5% more damage on what creature type? undead

Mass Battle: Dark was victorious! Icon_twisted

29??Light
15??Dark

Thanks for coming to Trial of Heroes everyone! Sorry for the wait on the thread, but it is up now!
11-29-2011 02:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
micer Offline
I Burn Trees

RE: Trial of Heroes Feedback - November 2011

Mage haters!

IGNs:
FlySwatter
Yorick
Roadkill
Black Hayate
and so on...
11-29-2011 05:45 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Loved this ToH, not least of all because Dark finally pulled off a victory in the mass battle, despite our numerical disadvantage! Awesome strategy, guys, and special thanks to the priests who showed up!

Very well balanced, I thought. I played on my sinx, same as I always do, and I really had to work for my points this time around, which is how it should be. The occasional easier ToH is fine but they shouldn't ALL be! (Random note: I laughed really hard at the name "Soylent Queen" - love it!) I was both pleased (because Snipers) and horrified (because Grimtooth and SBK) when King Kalimari put up pneuma. Evil Monster Trial completely decimated my fish, so I had to rely on death/auto-res to get my SP back during the Item Trial, haha.

Trivia seemed to be the round that frustrated people the most. I totally understood Circe's reasoning for why the Dex Food question's answer was what it was, but I definitely thought "jakk card" being the only acceptable answer to the card question (as opposed to also accepting just "jakk") was a little harsh, since the word "card" was already in the question. And I say this as someone who got it totally wrong anyway, so no bias here. Laugh

Overall I thought it was a great ToH!

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
11-29-2011 06:36 PM
trinitrotoluen Offline

Well,whenever i get 2 trivial question i always get 100+ score. But this time,uhm not even enought for wing

Become champion in pvp is not only way to be famous.just be lord of namless to get loving from heroes xD.

sieuxathu. Sniper 96/64 hcp really hunter, need aura.
Tri Nitro Toluen creator 97/61 noob bomd man,wish my old AI
physical attractive champion cant control lvl mvp hunter
kute blacksmith 70/40 fishing man
~super stealing~ rogue 94/50 lkf 1 policeress to marry
Acid Clohidrics alchemist 96/50 ad maker  
11-29-2011 07:21 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

monster trial was broken
item trial was normal
and trivia was such a failure...

and again...
another fail on trivia... even on the feedback thread
the town of enriched elu and ori-> payon
(i forgot the exact question, but u rly need to put this on)

i got 72 before mass battle btw...
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 09:46 PM by Shinigami l0_0l.)
11-29-2011 09:44 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Monster were fine, had fun being raped to pieces.
Item was fun too, just 8 moon jewels is a bit overboard imo, 8 9% drops and 16 of 12% drops >.> They just don't drop >.<
And where's the button for "trivia was stupid and messed up"?

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
11-30-2011 12:19 AM
Bee Offline

Kudos to Dark players but .. the previous toh was a disaster for many of us, why can't it be easier this toh? I feel GMs expected too much good geared snipers (correct me I am wrong but even they had had a party named "deathtosnipers!" throughout the ToH) but in fact there are newcomers and less descent geared or characters .. like me D: Anyway, I nearly earned a new wing with my gypsy. I'm from the light side and scored 60 without the winning team. *sobs, dark won!!* Icon_wink

Just giving some feedback.. none of my toh (it's my 4th toh now) has no one whining to quit or rage. Or at least said, it'll be the first and last ToH. Shouldn't GMs balance this event? At least make it friendlier for newbies? Of course it's balanced for me n some others, but it's really kinda impossible for newbies to join especially it's only held once a month. (Gears, Timing, Zenies etc whatever problems they might have) Seriously, because the way it is now, I don't even want to ask my best friends who just joined the server to join ToH because I feared that they have unpleasant experience on this server and leave the server ... Well, losing is unpleasant to many >_>. So yeah, I think the way ToH is now will cause some players to leave since most of the beautiful wings (with.. not so interesting benefits wearing them) are reserved to ToH .
12-01-2011 09:29 PM
wewez Offline

well, i've had the same experience like you did and feeling very down with my snipers fail badly during my 2nd toh. and as expected, GM will mention that toh is not something for newbies to join. it was made so that only 30% of people will get their wing.
12-02-2011 11:08 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE:??Trial of Heroes Feedback - November 2011

Care to say what the strategy was? I unfortunately wasn't around to assist in the win. Icon_biggrin

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
12-02-2011 11:31 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??Trial of Heroes Feedback - November 2011

Bee Wrote:Kudos to Dark players but .. the previous toh was a disaster for many of us, why can't it be easier this toh? I feel GMs expected too much good geared snipers (correct me I am wrong but even they had had a party named "deathtosnipers!" throughout the ToH) but in fact there are newcomers and less descent geared or characters .. like me D: Anyway, I nearly earned a new wing with my gypsy. I'm from the light side and scored 60 without the winning team. *sobs, dark won!!* Icon_wink

Just giving some feedback.. none of my toh (it's my 4th toh now) has no one whining to quit or rage. Or at least said, it'll be the first and last ToH. Shouldn't GMs balance this event? At least make it friendlier for newbies? Of course it's balanced for me n some others, but it's really kinda impossible for newbies to join especially it's only held once a month. (Gears, Timing, Zenies etc whatever problems they might have) Seriously, because the way it is now, I don't even want to ask my best friends who just joined the server to join ToH because I feared that they have unpleasant experience on this server and leave the server ... Well, losing is unpleasant to many >_>. So yeah, I think the way ToH is now will cause some players to leave since most of the beautiful wings (with.. not so interesting benefits wearing them) are reserved to ToH .

The wings are not necessary to enjoy playing on the server. There are other prizes also other than wings so we can't make it easier for newbies cause then every vet will score 100+ points for OCA...is that really a good tradeoff in the end to you?

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-02-2011 01:07 PM