Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autotrade time limit
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

RE: Autotrade time limit

Hmm yea in hindsight 48 hours is a bit short.. Not because i care even slightly about the autotraders resetting their shops every 2 days(MAKE THEM DO IT EVERY 400 MINUTES!!!) but because it gives people wanting to ACTUALLY BUY the stuff(OMG SRS? XP) more time to collect money to do so.
5 days to a week(maximum) seems fine Icon_biggrin
Should have it random like MvP spawns ROFL

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2011 12:55 AM by raphael.cruger.)
12-07-2011 12:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

The idea/concept is sound I guess. (still dislikes the whole idea of more rules to govern my free will, despite the hundreds of minutes saved in shopping, + decreased variety of items vended {yah I dislike the jellopy vending at 99m too}).

If implemented no IP limitation cause like PnP/7-11 like mercs have a place in the market imo.

7-5 day auto-log off (personal 7-10 day but since more likes 5.....). Yah I know this will cause greater economic competitiveness but will also increase pain and suffering for the less active heRO player. Thus might even discourage me to play or log in depending on how I feel.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
12-07-2011 03:08 AM
raphael.cruger Offline

I vote pain and suffering for the (very) less active hero player :>

12-07-2011 05:19 AM
xKonada Offline

+1. I pretty much get sick and tired of seeing the same crap being vended day in day out at ridiculous prices. Last time I tried it took me more than a month to find someone to sell me Pasana Card.

Flash- 9x/50 Hunter
SilentCash 6x/2x BlackSmith
SlipStream~ 6x/3x Rogue
12-07-2011 05:32 AM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

Course this can easily backfire. The time limit causes them to try and push out more than normal, inflating prices because the demand goes up with the limited time frame. You have it even worse. You do a search for an item that you've been looking for. Find it being Vended. Yes it appears Over Priced. You go to the store and cannot find it with its last location. Search again and the store is now gone because they timed out of their Vending.

I can see a good number actually stop autovending and trying more direct means of sales. Like through the forums or by spamming Main and private channels. This is to say that they don't just stop. Seeing as they'd prolly focus more onto less accounts to better keep track of who is vending, where, when and how much time they have left.

Just by adding more work to a very, VERY simple process, we risk of having the opposite effect than what we desire. It COULD still curve the economy in a different way, but as far as I can see, I cannot tell if it would be beneficial or detrimental.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
12-07-2011 07:44 AM
raphael.cruger Offline

RE:??Autotrade time limit

Snowhawk Wrote:Course this can easily backfire.??The time limit causes them to try and push out more than normal, inflating prices because the demand goes up with the limited time frame.??You have it even worse.??You do a search for an item that you've been looking for.??Find it being Vended.??Yes it appears Over Priced.??You go to the store and cannot find it with its last location.??Search again and the store is now gone because they timed out of their Vending.

I can see a good number actually stop autovending and trying more direct means of sales.??Like through the forums or by spamming Main and private channels.??This is to say that they don't just stop.??Seeing as they'd prolly focus more onto less accounts to better keep track of who is vending, where, when and how much time they have left.

Just by adding more work to a very, VERY simple process, we risk of having the opposite effect than what we desire.??It COULD still curve the economy in a different way, but as far as I can see, I cannot tell if it would be beneficial or detrimental.

True but I'd rather have people use main, forums etc and actually TRY to sell their stuff rather then unanimously rip off desperate people for a profit.

And a weekly vend time out is pretty long imo. 1 whole week ye gads. And if said person decides to not sell at all well its mostly his loss. At least he is not given the option to forever keep his junk on vend at a price only few would care for, and be exploited if they do.

It's unlikely to affect the economy majorly. Hero's eco is pretty balanced imo. U pay a decent price for most things. Its main purpose is to eradicate placeholders and pointless vends, or at the very least incorporate some sort of effort into maintaining them, meager though that effort may be.

12-07-2011 07:55 AM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Ah, yes. I just remembered something.

Whenever I happen to vend, the first things that tend to go, go within the first two days of vending. Everything else is stretched out, and I sell maybe one or two things after that. I am still left with about... 75% of my stock at the end. After, what I do is I reprice everything, and try again. The cycle repeats Ok

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
12-07-2011 08:01 AM
Flare Offline
These sinners never sin...

RE:??Autotrade time limit

Snowhawk Wrote:Course this can easily backfire.??The time limit causes them to try and push out more than normal, inflating prices because the demand goes up with the limited time frame.??You have it even worse.??You do a search for an item that you've been looking for.??Find it being Vended.??Yes it appears Over Priced.??You go to the store and cannot find it with its last location.??Search again and the store is now gone because they timed out of their Vending.

I can see a good number actually stop autovending and trying more direct means of sales.??Like through the forums or by spamming Main and private channels.??This is to say that they don't just stop.??Seeing as they'd prolly focus more onto less accounts to better keep track of who is vending, where, when and how much time they have left.

Just by adding more work to a very, VERY simple process, we risk of having the opposite effect than what we desire.??It COULD still curve the economy in a different way, but as far as I can see, I cannot tell if it would be beneficial or detrimental.

Sounds like a worst-case scenario.

[Image: 97427070.png]
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons
12-07-2011 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

IMO, the chances you run into one of those vendors being timed out would be pretty slim. And even if you didn't get the item, Hey! you're richer for your efforts!
12-07-2011 09:25 AM
ManiacManiac19 Offline
space olympics champion guy#1

I think the time limit should be something around 48-96 hours. I'm only playing about 1-2+ days a week now so I would like to be able to sell new items I find until I have a chance to log in and find new stuffz. But even a 7 day limit would work out better than nothing at all.

[Image: 14233_s.gif]
in distant worlds, playing as..
[N]John Smith[7] {level 612 ardat-yakshi necromancer}
..and many others!
12-07-2011 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply