Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need Help on Gift ideas/shopping?
Apples Offline

Need Help on Gift ideas/shopping?

I always loved making gifts goodies for people but I also buy gifts.
So after shopping and browsing about, I found simple and easy gift ideas for just anyone who you don't know what to get in a inexpensive way.
As a group gift (to or from a group, like a family or so) or just a single person.
Note: Food is usually a great choice! Haha.

Gift ideas:

-Wine. Great gift and easy. There are so many inexpensive good wine. They can range from 7$+.
You can get good wine for about 12$.
Don't know much about wine?
Try this http://www.winealign.com/wines/tag/Top50Value
Great gifts to any drinker.

-Chocolate or other candies/sweets. It is always an easy go. They range from any a prices. If you go to your department store you can usually find a nice box set.
I would recommend going to The Bay or Sears (if in canada/US), they have lindr or other chocolate stores directly in them, which usually provides cheaper pricing/deals compare to other sellers because it is a direct buy kinda.
Candy store usually got some quirky candies or try going to those unique one of a kind store, they sell some funky and odd candies sometime!
Gifts for almost any age!

-Cheese Platter/Plate. Go to a speciality food store or cheese shop. You can find cheap platters from 20$/35$+ (or less). Great gift for a family or a group of people or just for a party. Usually feed of 10 people or more.
I made my own cheese platter order for a couple.

-Syrup/Jam/Honey. So it is not a very "memorable" gift but is it dainty and just sweet. Go to your farmers market and get those local one of a kind, "not-somewhere-you-can-buy-in-any food-store" Syrup, honey or Jam. In addition, you can buy crackers or bread to go with it.
Good gift for the elderly.

Aside from food.....

-Gloves. I know it sounds odd but I don't mean those typical cotton ones. They have those nice wool/leather (or whatever) gloves on sale. Which are like sale price of 20$ a piece rather then 30-50$. This is a very simple gift and is much easier choosing comparing to scarves and hat. Because scarf and hat means you have to choose the color and design. For gloves, just pick a simple design and a neutral color, preferably black or gray (brown is another good choice also).
Easy choice for a man gift also and women!!

-Pen or a very nice journal/writing pad. It seriously don't sound as exciting to receive but it can be a very thoughtful gift. I know get a very nice pen that can be like 11$+ for one pen.
This may seem like an underrated gift but I think it can be one of the best gift there is on this list.
Perfect for almost any adult other then seniors, I guess.

-Phone Charms. Something very easy and cute for those youngs folks. This can also be for Boys and girls. They have fun ones, playful ones, cool-looking ones and even those cute ones.
Check out this place http://www.strapya-world.com/

Still don't know what to get?
Try Making your own stocking for them.

Buy a stocking sock and stuff it with all the little mini randoms things (best to get lil knick knacks that are very useful!). You can buy these stocking items for like 1-5$ a piece!
I remember my sister would do this for us all the time, and mine would be filled with colorings things.

Good choices useful items would be like:
-Basic office/school supplies (but try to find the funky ones! to make it more "fun")
-A small pouch or bag (for male try to get them like those very typical pull string leather pouches)
-Small toys! for Both kids and adults! (A super ball, goo, magical pretty wands, small car toy, etc)
-Basic needs for households (toothbrush, hairbrush, hair ties and accessories, cup coasters, place-mats (find a very neutral ones), wine stopper, etc)
-Candy!! Don't forget the candies! (buy some candy canes and jelly bellies)

Please do post any ideas for gifts!
I hope this helps for those who hasn't gotten their gifts for people yet~

IGN:
Red.Apple
Candy.Apple
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2011 09:22 PM by Apples.)
12-15-2011 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: Need Help on Gift ideas/shopping?

I'm beginning to think you're an ad bot infiltrating the server.

And gloves are silly. They come in all sizes for a reason. Who knows their family and friends hand sizes off the bat? D=

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-16-2011 09:10 AM
Draco Offline
Shadow Writer

Those are good ideas for those on a tight budget in my opinion. I know back when I was in high school I would make christmas cards for my friends and sometimes digital ones for people on my old server. I kind of miss those times because I even got a christmas card from one of the GMs there and sent her one back last I heard she still had it on her wall tacked up with other cards that were her favorites.

But yea for me as I said I do christmas cards with little personal messages I make myself instead of hallmarking it. Makes it seem just that much more special.

Shaman Draco | High Wizard
Draco MD | Alchemist
Highwayman Draco | Rogue
Ascetic Draco | Zeny Monk
Danavas Draco | PvP Monk

My book's facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/author.ambermorant
12-16-2011 03:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

If you need a gift for a man you don't know very well (friend of a friend, co-worker, Secret Santa, Yankee Swap, what have you), I've found that you really can't go wrong with a flashlight. Any kind will do. I've done this with Secret Santa events at work several times and it's always quite popular. Icon_smile

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
12-16-2011 06:43 PM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

Just burn heRO on a DVD and give it to everyone. lmao..

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
12-17-2011 07:43 AM