01-10-2012 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

RE: Best Web Browser?

mmmmmkay

First the no's
Safari
Unless you're on a mac, or looking for stupid good javascript support and nothing else, pass this one up.

Now the maybes
Opera
No comment
All Linux Distro Firefox Clones
See Firefox, but as to why you have one of these on windows....

Now the goods
Chrome
Fast. Faaaaaast. So ridiculously bloody fast, it sometimes trips over itself in the process so you have to hit reload. Does it less and less with every update. It's also very light-weight so good for multitasking on older boxes, however its addon set isn't very large at the moment.

Firefox (what I use)
She's gotten a lot faster with the recent updates, and she's got the best selection of extensions out there- mostly due to having them for the longest time. Great all-around browser but can be a little bit of a resource-hog if you load her up (like you should).

Verdict:
Chrome if you don't plan on using a whole bunch of extensions, Firefox otherwise. Just google either one to find 'em.

Side Note: Firefox is really only superior if you actually use extensions (adblockplus to name one (the most useful too, imo)). If you don't, just get chrome.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
01-10-2012 11:34 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

well, I tend to stick with Mozilla Firefox. it's not as good as some of the other ones out there, but it's certainly better than IE. Dunno much about the pros and cons are aside from security concerns, but I'm pretty low maintenance.

A lot of newer window's computers have Google Chrome, and I hear that's also a nice choice, but I can't claim to know much about it.
01-10-2012 11:39 PM
kunkun14 Offline
Squishy Taco

Google Chrome for me. I guess Mozilla loads too much stuff (in my laptop, i guess lol)

here's a Miku-themed Google Chrome Commercial ad. Should convince you enough lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGt25mv4-2Q

01-11-2012 05:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

OMG BROWSER WARS.

Now usually something like this only REALLY gets going when some random artard gets on and gives praise(or criticizes) one of said browsers without giving any sort of reasoning or proof as to why he thinks so...

FIREFOX FTW Ok

also,

IE is the worst browser ever made ever. MS has been flogging that dead horse for DECADES now but no one with any experience with any other browsers will use that sorry excuse for a decent piece of software. Boo IE.

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
01-11-2012 05:23 AM
Lena Away
No one

RE:??Best Web Browser?

raphael.cruger Wrote:IE is the worst browser ever made ever. MS has been flogging that dead horse for DECADES now but no one with any experience with any other browsers will use that sorry excuse for a decent piece of software. Boo IE.

T___T way to call me out bro!!!

haha, It does suck =P firefox seems decent, chrome seems decent. Chrome is WAY shinier compared to firefox..and it runs SO fast, but FF has alot of neat addons. my only concern is, with all these nifty add-ons...will my computer slow down? I'm no tech wiz, but I do know the more processes you have running, the slower your computer runs...do those add-ons count as processes o_o?

man I sound uneducated LOL xD guess this is what asking questions is for ><
01-11-2012 04:29 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I do not recommend Firefox if you are using Windows XP or Vista, it has a tendency to memory leak and cause your whole computer to run slow in other applications.

IE 10 is actually looking to be a decent browser when it comes out.??They are doing a lot of overhauling on IE to make this browser more interesting and up to date feeling.

Anyway with that I recommend Opera, but since you don't want to use IE at all I might haveta recommend you to Chrome instead, but I hate to say that because I hate giving Google more of my attention past e-mail and search results.

Opera Pros:
-Speed Dial: Put all your fave sites in the speed dial to click quickly to it when you open a new tab.

-Tab Grouping: Freaking sweet, you can group tabs together and expand them when necessary.??Love this feature when putting a bunch reference art pieces together.??I find random new uses for this all the time, keeps your tabs organized and easy to flip through.

-Downloads Tab: Awesome, you have a tab you can open from the menu options showing your download history!??Whenever you download something this tab also opens up and shows your progress.

-Fast: I think some people say Chrome is faster but I dunno since I rarely use it.??I only happen to use it when I'm at my parent's house on their computers.??But it won't really eat up resources as long as you aren't too crazy with tabs (20+).

-Best Support Of Newer Languages: Most up to date browser in terms of web language support.??For awhile was the only browser with any HTML5 support, but I think its still top of the game even now.

-Opera Turbo: Net working slow for you???Opera Turbo can speed it up in your page loads, I think it won't load EVERYTHING for you, but it can get almost any basic website loading for you on the quick fly.??

Opera Cons:
-Some sites do not support this browser at ALL.??So you're still gunna haveta keep IE on the side for these situations.??Typically this happens when the site was made in Frontpage, so its not too huge a surprise.??However, sometimes Opera can be TOO picky about how it wants to render web code.??Upside to this is you can always tell when a nub designed something lol.

-Lack of Do Not Track feature: Yep, you're expected to deal with this on your own.??I personally don't care if a company wants to track where I go on the internet and put its ad every chance it gets, but if this bothers you then you probably should go to Chrome right now.

-Less Extentions: If you're a fan of crazy add ons to your browser you won't find as many as you would in Firefox or Chrome.??

Anyway I could talk a lot about Opera, I've moved to it two years ago after Firefox pissed me off for the last time with memory leaking and haven't regretted the choice one bit.??If you have any further questions about it feel free to ask me. ^-^

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 05:26 PM by Aaronock.)
01-11-2012 05:23 PM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

I stick with Firefox because I'm used to it, and well, the extensions, mostly how it's been mentioned, adblock plus. There actually IS adblock for Chrome but the capabilities are limited, only able to block single items while FF AdBlock has pre-built filters and the option to use the * wildcard substitution which can effectively block whole advertising servers just with help of a single image.

The prebuilt filters are also awesome, it occurred to me multiple times that I opened a web page in Chrome only to have a "DAFUQ are all these ads" reaction because ABP in FF pre-blocked all that crap and till I ran the page in chrome I had no idea the ads were even there.

Sure, FF is definitely quite a memory hogger but with 8 gigs I can spare some.

Aaronock Wrote:IE 10 is actually looking to be a decent browser when it comes out. They are doing a lot of overhauling on IE to make this browser more interesting and up to date feeling.

And by that you mean copying the features other browsers had long ago.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 12:46 PM by Jens.)
01-12-2012 12:44 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

All the browsers take from each other, but I won't bring up the situation past stating that. x(

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-12-2012 02:04 PM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

Firefox runs just fine >:|
Chrome is good too, even Opera is good =)
BOO IE.

I use firefox 4.0 so i can use RMS toolbar XD

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
01-16-2012 06:49 AM