Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Diary of a Merchant
Zeppo Offline

The Diary of a Merchant

Hello people of heRO! I thought I would give a stab at some role playing by trying to maintain a diary of my merchant. So far I have written only the first entry. I would like to encourage any thoughts or constructive criticism about the entries.

(Just to note, I am very new to RPing and have not had a lot of experience with it. After joining this server, I got interested in the idea of RP after reading the detail put into this server's background story on wikipedia. From there, I started reading some posts here in the RP & Story section and decided to take a stab at it myself.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Adventuring Journal: The life & times of Cascadence Lirisby

#1 And so it begins?

Today is an exciting day! I have finally decided to follow through with my lifelong dream of exploring the lands of Rune Midgard. After struggling with the idea for years I have gathered the courage and the adequate finances to start my expedition. My only regret is that I will not be able to take my pet cat, Mr.Tibs, with me.

People say that one?s pet often resembles its owner, so it isn?t all too surprising that Mr.Tibs is rather quirky for a kitty. To elaborate, he is quite small for his breed, yet he has the deepest voice I?ve ever heard from any house cat. Also, his tail twitches and he trots in place with his rear legs whenever he wants attention. While I may not have the exact same quirks (though I know that?s probably obvious considering the fact that I?m not a cat), I too have been labeled as an oddity. I absolutely love my little Tibsy, but he needs to be cared for in a way that I feel I won?t be able to provide during my travels.

As mentioned before, I have never been considered ?normal? by any standpoint. I put the word ?normal? in quotations because I honestly dislike how people apply it to themselves. According to their definition someone is ?normal? when the person in question follows a norm of some kind. Norms tend to be defined differently from one group of people to the next. Unfortunately for me, the norm for children in Izlude has always been to focus on sword training over at the guild. Being in a small town would have been nice enough, but the swordsman guild was particularly popular because of the fact that Izlude was so small. I could never keep my grip on the sword ? the balance of the blade always felt off regardless of which one I wielded in practice sessions. Instead of learning the ways of the sword I ended up skipping most training sessions to explore a place that always interested me ? the market.

I was always more interested in the imported goods over at the central marketplace. I would often chat with the fruit vendor, Valerie, who would tell me about exotic foods and wildlife outside of Izlude and Prontera. Most of the vendors had to relocate to the corner of town after merchants from other cities started arriving, but I still go down to Valerie?s whenever I need any fresh produce. When other merchants started migrating to Izlude I saw frustration in the eyes of the old shopkeepers, who claimed that these travelers are nothing but trouble for their business. At first I agreed and avoided eye contact with the new merchants, but one day an item caught my eye: a genuine headset to listen to all of one?s favorite music in private! When I asked the merchant about how I could acquire one he told me that it was relatively easy to make as long as I had the adventuring spirit. According to him, there is a man in Geffen who will make it for free! Well, as long as you provide him with the materials, of course. Since that encounter, I started studying all that I could about the regions between Izlude and Geffen, hoping to some day make that trek.

Since I began studying about the fields around Geffen and Izlude, I expanded my knowledge on other parts of the world. I frequented the new merchant shops more often, which bothered Valerie and the others, but the items they had on display were so alluring! I would ask about different items and where they were manufactured, though many said that there were monsters that hoarded different types of treasure. Since then, I have become more familiar with the flora and fauna of regions outside of Izlude and Prontera, and now I hope to finally be able to live the kind of adventure that I?ve only heard about up until this point.

I wonder where my journey will take me?
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2012 05:16 AM by Zeppo.)
01-23-2012 04:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

RE: The Diary of a Merchant

XD
Finally something new to read. I find it very nice. Keep up the good work and keep up the merchant spirit!

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-23-2012 05:49 AM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Hmmm...~ Definately very, very interesting ;3

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
01-23-2012 07:41 AM
Ouwa Offline
KING OF ZEPPO

<3 c;
01-26-2012 04:55 AM
Apples Offline

Where would I see the "auto vend" entries?

Haha, but in all seriousness, it is worth reading.

IGN:
Red.Apple
Candy.Apple
01-29-2012 05:34 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Totally reminds me of recettear now Q.Q

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-31-2012 01:13 AM
Ouwa Offline
KING OF ZEPPO

RE:??The Diary of a Merchant

Namine Wrote:Totally reminds me of recettear now Q.Q

lolol, that's what I said too.
02-09-2012 11:06 PM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

Are you gonna continue this? It's pretty interesting. :D

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
07-01-2012 07:37 AM
Lijeilong Offline
Judgement

Zeppo Wrote:I wonder where my journey will take me?

That ending just makes me want to read more.....CryCry

MOAR!~ Icon_twistedIcon_twisted

[Image: 970_169904499818158_1241932626_n.jpg]

Would you like to join? This Cursed Arcana Gala
10-27-2012 06:11 PM
Zeppo Offline

Okay! I'm back from a very, very long hiatus. I do plan on continuing this diary and I will hopefully make more than 1 post a year, haha.

I can never stay away from Ragnarok Online for too long, and this project was of great interest to me when I started playing again last year. Once again I will be playing Ragnarok and I hope to continue this diary.
11-17-2012 06:58 PM