Monster was too hard
Item was too easy
Item was balanced
Item was too hard
Trivia was too easy
Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too hard
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

RE:??January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread

Dung Wrote:GM already do their best for this server since this server form i think...
that think happen because of something accidentaly thing happen...no one can judge that it's GM fault.....

remember what GM do for all Heroes for 5 years...it's just a little error and it's accidentaly happen....we cant have this server withtout them!
Hail our GM!

and edea...
if u said GM should can prevent that...why not u can sign a form for be GM and prevent anything error for this server? dont say like you know everything about GM's job.....they know what must they do and they do their best....im sure abou it!

GM can actually minimize the impact of the error. i already explain about this in lot of post before

and yeah, its accidentally happen, but again, it can be minimized and i gave em advice about it.

about me sign a form to be a GM? already did. lot of people know this
and i never expect to know everything about GM's job. but i expect em to had much more information about the event hosted by em
01-30-2012 09:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
adibhakti Offline
Why so serious?

RE: January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread

Am I reading a drama movie script? I opened a wrong thread then. sorry.

You see thing and you say why. But I dream things that
never were and I say why not - George Bernard Shaw
01-30-2012 09:04 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

I'll point out, once again, that there could have been an autofix for this when a new round started, and that only players can enter the lane as a player. GMs cannot.
If there was, nothing else would have been needed. First step of troubleshooting - making sure the problem actually exists.

I've stated it time and time again, but you seem to either shrug off or refuse to understand that. The only way to tell if there as or not was to try it.
Now, to be blunt, you can keep ignoring that possibility if you wish, but that won't make it go away.

I've also stated the the trivia was solely a time burner. It's allowed to be silly. I've also stated that Panda was around and aware of the situation before I started said trivia. She'd been filled in, and I was no longer needed. So I turned my attentions to giving the players something to do while sitting there, if they chose to participate.
I see nothing wrong with this, and would do it again.

Hell, we even used to have riddle events on the forums when the server was down. They were riddles Ayu made up, or were not able to be found around Google. This means they don't have any documented proof of the correct answer, where several may fit.
They were fun.

Glyph has hosted many times before. I'm sure by now he would have stabbed the rest of the team if every time we hosted any event or anything, that every other GM went over the rules, expectations and entire script every time. :X
Glyph dear, if you try doing this to me, even to troll me, I will hurt you.

And I'm done here. I appear to be repeating myself, and I swear I've even said that??before, too. D:

*stabs self and takes about 15 mins to die"
Oooh, ahhh, iiih. Iiih, ahhh, ooooh.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

01-30-2012 09:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deimos Offline

Unfortunately I did read them all Icon_sad

Do you know there is something call probation period? I'm sure they do apply this in heRO too. Glyph is pretty much a user of the script, he launch it. At least from what I read that's all his event responsibility for now.

You expect an expert to take great safety measure while they're panicing and hearing/reading people screaming at them. Imagine an airplane pilot have the plane engine damage and everyone go to him screaming for him to do something. Everyone have their limit on critical time, GM will learn from experience, so do you.

What's the point demanding it right now? I seriously fail to see the point of you ranting something had happen without helping them with suggestion or just anything that actually could improve the server experience.

PLAY the game, LIVE your life.
01-30-2012 09:18 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

RE:??January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread

GM-Circe Wrote:*stabs Glyph and he takes about 15 mins to die"
Oooh, ahhh, iiih. Iiih, ahhh, ooooh.

I like it this way more :D

EDIT: NINJA'D BY IVAN
Here's a suggestion: take at least 1 GM that can sort such things out, if not to be host, but to support one at any time during event.

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2012 09:25 AM by Ptah.)
01-30-2012 09:21 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

That would likely mean one with proper DB access, Bisu, and at the moment, that's pretty much Panda.

<333

01-30-2012 09:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

question : did u count the DC as problem?
if yes, there is a problem
--> did u check the the problem and the effect?
if no, will it impact ToH?
--> if yes, did u check the effect?
--> if dunno, did u check the situation?
--> if no, then your decision is valid (but i guess its not right to move to this path)

dont compare your silly trivia with ayu's downtime trivia.
1st. its on forum and they got more time to answer
2nd. even if it cant be googled, its a math quizz, with a valid reasonable and explainable answer. not subjective question

@deimos
did u know that they didnt grab random people for any random job? they called expert for a reason as well.

from what i read, the problem caused by DC, but it went worse because of wrong decision made by the GM. and that wrong decision supported by the GM lack of knowledge about the event itself.

can the GM prevent the problem expanding from the 2nd wave that time?
yes, if they try all of possible method to check the 2nd wave condition post DC situation, instead of gambling on autofix.

and i wonder why u fail to see my suggestion or advice for the GM team as well.

i love heRO, i love ToH. that's why im doing this
01-30-2012 09:36 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Ayu did far more than math questions dear.
She did actual riddles, with nothing to do with math. Those tend not to have a documented answer.

They also tended to get more thinking time because server downtime and maintenance tends to take more time than me waiting for Panda to decide what's going to happen and implement it. Icon_razz

As for helping heRO, there are plenty of ways, even in this situation, that that can be done, without resorting to straight out abuse right off the bat.

<333

01-30-2012 09:41 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

but reasonable and u can use logic to answer right?
01-30-2012 09:48 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

They also take a lot longer to think of, for both GM and players.
We didn't have a long time. I got all of 4, quick questions out before Panda told me that she's ready to start things.
2 of those questions had "documented" answers as it was.

Your gripe with the other two is that you seem to think I made the answer match the players, and not the other way around. You questioned whether my fave soda is cream, and Forge's color black.
That comes down to simple trust. It's not something we can force you to have. It's something you need to decide.
Ayu had a pretyt good post about that someplace, too.

k, super actually going finishing now.

<333

01-30-2012 09:53 AM