Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Higher level tiers for Fishing & Mining
xKonada Offline

Higher level tiers for Fishing & Mining

Ok seeing how its incredibly boring and how dead the Fishing/Mining scene is now. I suggest introducing 3rd tiers of both customs to help boost interest.

I don't really know much about Mining so anyone can suggest this.

For fishing, perhaps instead of capping fishing points at 70 let it increase to say 90. At this point you probably can still get free baits but you need 85 points to advance to a higher fishing tier (new location). In this spot, you won't catch trouts and your chances of gaining other fishes increases, also the random junk will be lesser + more valuable junk.

Thoughts?

Flash- 9x/50 Hunter
SilentCash 6x/2x BlackSmith
SlipStream~ 6x/3x Rogue
02-10-2012 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Higher level tiers for Fishing & Mining

Maybe make it so that the Mining hat/fishing hat are REQUIRED to go to these advanced advanced spots. Outside of bringing back the OCA's that were replaced by the Damp card albums, I really don't see much happening to bring back people to the same old spots.
02-10-2012 02:11 PM
trinitrotoluen Offline

Or higher chance getting mutant and salmon. Seem not much people go fishing nowaday

Become champion in pvp is not only way to be famous.just be lord of namless to get loving from heroes xD.

sieuxathu. Sniper 96/64 hcp really hunter, need aura.
Tri Nitro Toluen creator 97/61 noob bomd man,wish my old AI
physical attractive champion cant control lvl mvp hunter
kute blacksmith 70/40 fishing man
~super stealing~ rogue 94/50 lkf 1 policeress to marry
Acid Clohidrics alchemist 96/50 ad maker  
02-10-2012 10:58 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

xKonada Wrote:I don't really know much about Mining so anyone can suggest this.

Thoughts?

Mining is pretty similar to fishing. Only there are a few minor differences. For one, the picks are extremely heavy, but can be re-used. They have a chance of breaking with each use. Instead of not getting anything when you fail at mining like you would when you lose your bait, you get a stone. The same kind of stone you get from the thief skills, and seems only to serve to fill up your weight limit. People dump these on the ground usually.

Generally speaking, Mining's profits are seen right after you Overcharge all of the loots you get. From green lives, to golds, to all of those diamonds. You also get lvl 4 weapon stones, which would be a lot more valuable if the people weren't quite so lazy. oh well, I'm not complaining when I need to get 20 k for an agate when I'd normally have to go through the pain of finding and struggling to outdamage Archangelings Heal and sanctuary with the classes I have.

Whereas fishing is more passive about it's profits. Sure you may get a treasure box here and an alcohol there, but the main thing fishing is for is, well, the fish! People pay outrageous prices for these easily obtained healing items, and for an item that heals both HP and SP is pretty valuable in the world of RO. Either make your costs back by using the fish to kill stuff and sell their loots, or vend the fish themselves and the black hole that is the people of heRO's stomachs will throw zenny at your face and family.

While for PvP (lols if you actually use fish in PVP) and PVM, fish are still a wonderful source of life. However they've been phased out of the WoE scene, since fish don't actually do anything inside the woe castles anymore. People relied to heavy on them and the alchemists complained because with so many fish around the server (many of which which should have rotten out of existance, after being stockpiled MONTHS in advance) that it was rare, if ever you actually saw potions in action. Through many years of bickering and complaining and joking and trolling, the fish got downgraded to having debuffs like silence, curse, poison blind and whatnot, but they were still overall too useful. End result WoE = no fish. I'm not sure, but I think BG is similar with the policy on fish, I've never gone to one.
02-10-2012 11:47 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

no fish in bg

fishing does not need higher tier. if people want fish then they should fish. not hard. if the price inflates, well, the noobs get all the zeny when they fish while they watch a movie.

as for mining, a no-stones "higher tier" spot people would flock to

edit:
the boring thing? that cannot be fixed by just adding another zomg better spot. if the scene is "dead" then that sucks. people will start fishing if they need fish / mining if they need stones or elu or something.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 11:55 PM by Incarn.)
02-10-2012 11:51 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Let's just say there's a very good reason fishing and mining are the way they are now and leave it at that.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
02-11-2012 04:11 AM