Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
resistance to wind property & wind property attack
Lau Offline

resistance to wind property & wind property attack

Bought a dustiness card recently, thought i'd come in handy for the seemingly endless hw-grind for my ws. Since it's 30% resistance to wind property, I thought it'd give protection against wind monsters, like hws. And that resistance against attacks were, well, against attack Icon_razz

Right now hw does 200~300 dmg on my ws, so with dustiness card it sould be about 140~200 dmg, but they still manage to inflict whole 340 dmg on me:S

Have I missed something?
02-11-2012 04:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

RE: resistance to wind property & wind property attack

Monster's normal attack are neutral, the dustiness card only projects you from attack that are wind property, such as lightning bolt for example.

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
02-11-2012 12:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lau Offline

RE:??resistance to wind property & wind property attack

GM-Azote Wrote:Monster's normal attack are neutral, the dustiness card only projects you from attack that are wind property, such as lightning bolt for example.

So there's no difference between "resistance to wind property" & "resistance against wind property attacks"?

The dustiness card only says 'wind property'(which should be all wind monsters), not wind property attacks(like TB, JT etc etc).....
02-11-2012 01:47 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

as a rule of thumb, the card/gear MUST SAY "resist so-and-so property monsters"

if it does not specify then it is good to assume that it means so-and-so property attacks

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
02-11-2012 04:03 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

I don't think there's actually an effect that resists to a property monster instead of property attacks. There are vs Race cards, but yeah.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
02-11-2012 04:07 PM
Necrophiliac Offline

On my first char my friend gave me an immune muff and I traded it for a marse muff because I was leveling in Bylan. She wasn't too happy.
02-11-2012 05:32 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Lau Wrote:Bought a dustiness card recently, thought i'd come in handy for the seemingly endless hw-grind for my ws. Since it's 30% resistance to wind property, I thought it'd give protection against wind monsters, like hws. And that resistance against attacks were, well, against attack Icon_razz

Right now hw does 200~300 dmg on my ws, so with dustiness card it sould be about 140~200 dmg, but they still manage to inflict whole 340 dmg on me:S

Have I missed something?
That's the exact same reason why Orc Zombie card is so useless outside of hatter purposes. It give's 30% resist to undead property.??but since so few monsters actually use undead property attacks, it's meh.??

Dustiness is just another in a series of garment cards that resist elements rather than the Monsters themselves. I'd be really good if you were going up against monsters that spammed property attacks like magic.

Orc Zombie= Undead Property
Marionette= Ghost Property
Isis = Shadow Property
Myst = Poison property
Hode = Earth property
Jakk = Fire property
Marse =??Water Property
Dustiness= Wind Property

I'd mention Raydric/Deviling cards for neutral property, but their Percentages are different from all of the ones I've listed.?? Everything else has 30% elemental resist and has a small flee bonus, whereas Raydric is a flat 20% neutral reduction. Nothing else.

Deviling gives you 50%??Neutral resist, but you take 50% more damage from elemental attacks.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 09:20 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
02-11-2012 06:39 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

the only way I can see this kind of card useful is against elemental bash from mobs. hill wind bash hurts a lot, reducing 30% really helps but it doesn't always use that. you can equipment switch during fights but I would rather use earth armor since the reduction is greater.

btw, if you use earth armor and dustiness garment, will you get hurt from Jupiter lightening and Wind bash? I'm not sure how the elemental reduction formula works...

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
02-12-2012 07:20 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

It's also good against magic like JT, Thunderstorm, LoV Lightning bolt. Wear a Dustiness against Kathy Keyron's lvl 28 JT, and you'll have a much better chance of surviving it, assuming it doesn't push you into a hoard of other angry bio clones.

Typically, elemental resistances from armor are different from Equipments that straight up say 30% resist to an element. I'm not sure which is calculated first, the -50% wind damage from your earth armor first, or the % reducts from Dustiness first, but I know it generally has a better effect if you stack those cards overall, than relying on an ele armor.

There's even been some rumors of people making one of our custom MVP's a cakewalk walking up loaded with water resists and a bard/dancer duet known as Invunerable Sigfried for +50% more elemental resists, and managed to keep a berserk LK's HP full, just off of Levia's waterball spam alone..

Marse card, Marc card, tidal shoe combo, Blue Hip ribbon and Blue side ribbon. Not sure if Ring of Water existed then yet or not. I'm still not sure if having enough elemental resists could heal you if you were hit by that element you're geared against nowadays.
02-12-2012 08:04 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Valk Shield + Level 5 Inv Sig = immunity to water/fire.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-12-2012 09:34 PM