Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Make WoE more of a battle.
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Make WoE more of a battle.

azurerogue Wrote:Often times when I've tried something in the past and it hasn't worked, I just try it again and hope it goes better the next time.??Trying new things just seems silly.

\sarcasm

LIES!
that's what government committees are for!

W
03-02-2012 01:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

azurerogue Wrote:Often times when I've tried something in the past and it hasn't worked, I just try it again and hope it goes better the next time.??Trying new things just seems silly.

\sarcasm

We tried 1, 2, 3, and 4 castles.

But you know what?

We haven't tried TWENTY castles!

See? New idea right there!

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
03-02-2012 07:31 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE: Make WoE more of a battle.

I skipped most of it. My position: keep it as it is (4 guilds, DoE, KoJ, 4SRS & Behe)+ random guilds fighting for 3 castles is just fine.

Either way, 1 castle = kill the server/Too many castles = kill the server:
1 Castle: The top guild will rape everyone and people will start to loose interest and leave the WoE scene.

20 Castles: Kills the economy of the server. Too many castle loots, no fights at all (People will just make 20 SinX per guild, turtle until final minute and emp break fest in the final 30 secs); [No zeny spent during WoE due to no fight]. This, again, is not fun.

2-3 castles: Good fights, keep the economy running, allow lower guilds to have hope on getting a castle.

These are my 2 cents, didn't read previous posts... maybe I am just repeating.
03-04-2012 12:10 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

As stated before, 20 was just used as an example. What about 15? What about 10? Or even what about the crazy number of 5?

Either way, it's not worth discussing because we have been told that we three options:
2 castles
3 castles
4 castles
Pick your category and start arguing.

It might be the same old problem with the same three solutions, that end up reproducing the same old problem, but it's the only option that we are given. It's not a question of what is the right answer, it's a question of which one of our three options suck the least?
03-04-2012 01:11 AM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

I think the number of castles is fine.

I think that the actual amount of time required to get a guild of say 20 WoE active people WoEing at an EXCELLENT level is STUPIDLY small, say 3 months? The problem? Finding those 20 people lawl.

I mean really BG makes WoE so easy to compete in =/ Pick the right classes and you could have a win team. God items and mvp cards don't count for NEARLY as much as some of you seem to think they do.

The 50k BG fee only penalizes new players. No one with one or 2 maxed out chars is going to feel that. But a new player to the server eager to get gear and WoE most definitely will.
Further more it discourages people from paying money for consumables to use IN BG since they are already doing the math and calcing how many millions they need to pay the damn entry over a period of a month.

But honestly I agree with Pandora, a LOT has been done, its up to the player base to remove from their heads the misconceptions about people and guilds(BECAUSE REALLY IT JUST CAN'T GET ANY BETTER). Seriously I don't think a low rate has ever been this forgiving to new guilds. If you want it you can get it. Stop whining about how OP you imagine people to be, because the most OP pvp gear in the whole damn game is available at a store near you, north of Izlude kthx.??

I mean seriously BG gear has just nerfed so many of the MvP cards to nothing I bet old players who worked their asses off farming them are pretty dissed at how much cards like incan, doppel, Turtle General and some others now SUCK in WoE.

Stop talking and go gear, get yr friends too and make them, and for gods sakes people. POT!

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 02:45 PM by raphael.cruger.)
03-04-2012 02:41 PM
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

raphael.cruger Wrote:doppel, Turtle General and some others now SUCK in WoE.

Those 2 ALWAYS sucked for woe. Its nothing new.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
03-04-2012 05:17 PM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

Pre BG TG cards gave you a +9% damage boost because of the difference of racial modifiers. 9% is a lot.
Doppel was a decent card for WS.

ANYWAY......

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
03-05-2012 01:20 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Batu, i must say God items or higher tier gears do make a little difference.
With semi gears (BG stuff)... who dies to SB 1 shot now? Close to no one, unless they are NOOBS...

Thara, Scarf, CK, BG Glorious SET, F. Beret +21k hp = you can tank a semi-geared asura (no lex, no assump)... Good Champs will still kill you, but hey, Gravity just went 'oh, trans class is doing lots of damage', hmmm, let's make insane reduct gears to balance it out'....

Look at the 3rd classes? Comet wipes an entire guild LOL (really, it's bullsh*t)
03-05-2012 01:19 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Comet doesn't wipe whole guilds, Dragon Breath spam from 5+ RK's does that instead! >Icon_sad

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-05-2012 05:17 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

raphael.cruger Wrote:I think the number of castles is fine.

I think that the actual amount of time required to get a guild of say 20 WoE active people WoEing at an EXCELLENT level is STUPIDLY small, say 3 months?

It could be that we hold two different definitions of excellence. That's the time it would take you to get a group geared. Maybe. But then consider that if you're recruiting 20 new people you're doing one of four things: 1) pulling from other WoE guilds (this will not increase competition, it will just shuffle team membership around the same player base), 2) pulling from social/non-WoE guilds (more about this later), 3) pulling from other servers (more on this later), or 4) pulling from outside of RO in general.

1) Pulling From Other WoE Guilds

Does not increase overall competition for the most part, especially not in the long run.

2) Pulling From Social/Non-WoE Guilds

This may actually be the ideal situation, but what is the likelihood of most social players (who are willing to try WoE) being excellent right away? Very small. I'm not saying that non-WoErs lack the (srs) skill(z) to succeed in WoE, but they typically lack experience. The ones with experience who make the choice not to WoE (i.e. the ones who would require less time to become excellent) are also the hardest to recruit because they obviously know about WoE and are not interested or they'd already be in a WoE guild.

3) Pulling From Other Servers

While a totally viable solution in theory, good luck recruiting PvP/WoE players to move to a low-rate with no guild incentive. Especially when there's numerous god items and MVP cards already involved - it's not very inviting for new guilds unless they're looking for a challenge.

4) Pulling From Outside RO

Similar to point 2), except now you need to teach them RO first, then teach them to WoE, then get them the experience with their class/teammates to become excellent. Not a 3 month process.

Excellence is not something you achieve over night in almost anything. A team-vs-team competition in an online game is not likely going to engender excellence in participants without the right combination of gear, experience, and time spent with other knowledgeable players.

Sorry, long post.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-06-2012 12:57 AM