Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Make WoE more of a battle.
proto Offline

RE:??Make WoE more of a battle.

Aaronock Wrote:
Deviluke Wrote:Maybe we should just start using BG gears to rock Bio3 parties, you never hear of those happening often /gg .-.

Seyren and Eremes will want to have a threesome when you wear your BG set.??Eremes will come out of hiding and sonic blow you, and then Seyren will stick his ding-a-ling out and spiral pierce you.

AKA: There be more than demi humans down there, there be vile demons lurking below them labs.

sounds like an erotica I read ^__^

Is this real life?
03-07-2012 04:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

Adrillf Wrote:Quick point to ponder: We don't have the full list of iRO BG gears, so stop talking about 3rd classes and how things work with them and their specific BG gears. We don't have them, your point, although valid on a server with 3rd classes and BG gears, is about as worth while as trying to pay your electric bill by telling the electric company that you'll send them some zenny instead.

She gave a detailed rundown of her own experiences with BG gears ON heRO and their usefulness inspite of having every thing else available. You ignored it. Again.

Adrillf Wrote:-Get better gears and you'll win.
-Use more consumables and you'll win.
-Have more people on your side and you'll win.
-Know how to use your class and you'll win.

That's kind of what the game is about. Have you played it recently?

Adrillf Wrote:Back to the point of this thread-
This is not our WoE- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYHC7wlAcgM And there's not a chance in the world that it could ever be our WoE

This is a little bit more of the flavor of our WoE- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLKttUivEh0 And no amount of 'you noobs need to (insert argument here)' will change that because there's just not the desire for people to come and join.

Watched your videos.
Bet you a bajilion kajilion zeny that server is dead. Bet you it never lasted 6 years without a reset. Oh right its Brazilian iRO. reset twice i think, and once for renewal.

Aldriff Wrote:What's going to bring new people in? What's going to give a new person the desire to give HeRO WoE a shot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXpdmKELE1k

lawl well, HeRO may not be the best server for WoE exclusively but for an awesome and free RO experience, heRO is probably the best out there atm. I seem to be having this huge feeling of Deja Vu when I read and post here pretty sure there have been threads EXACTLY like this atleast twice before in the short time I've been here. WoE may not be a walk in the park but we do have some pretty epic fights along the way, and considering 95.3% of KoJ WoE's naked Id say there's a lot of room for improvement lmao.

You want new players? Go sit in pront or payon. See 10-20 new ones everyday, recruit all 20, 15 will leave, quit the server, etc, 2 will die or get violently sick, 1 will bot and you'll have 2 new awesome people in your guild =D. Talk to them and help them and give them a reason to play and they will stay, and would likely even stay and have a good time here where they would normally have left the server anyway.

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 06:34 AM by raphael.cruger.)
03-07-2012 06:20 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Make WoE more of a battle.

Love that you, Adrillf, share a video of WoE from 2005...you know, back when RO was still kind of a big game and you could find 1k+ people easy on officials or even some private servers.

Things change, I'm okay with RO1 slowly dying down, RO2 is in development, and won't be surprised to see it next year being distributed around the world.

Also keep in mind that most private servers are not up to date in the fullest sense. There exist third classes, and gears coming out exclusively meant for renewal mechanics. So guess what, without new content for this MMO, people get bored, people will leave. GM's can somewhat fix the problem here by implementing new things to do to keep us interested and invested in the game. This isn't happening very often past holiday quests the past year or two, so uh...yah, many of us are bored and leaving.

Nami explains the other half with the people who were playing growing up and gaining new responsibilities that keep them from continuing to play the way they may have in the past.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-07-2012 09:12 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: ??Make WoE more of a battle.

raphael.cruger Wrote:You want new players? Go sit in pront or payon. See 10-20 new ones everyday, recruit all 20, 15 will leave, quit the server, etc, 2 will die or get violently sick, 1 will bot and you'll have 2 new awesome people in your guild =D. Talk to them and help them and give them a reason to play and they will stay, and would likely even stay and have a good time here where they would normally have left the server anyway.

I would bet all the zeny I have in the banker that heRO does not average 10-20 new players (not characters) EVERY DAY.??If it did, recruiting new members wouldn't be an issue, the server would be growing, and WoE would likely be more fun.??

As Aaron said, people get bored and leave games all the time. It's especially true for old games. The problem with what heRO is trying to do is that while the "new" stuff we get might hold on to some current players, it is not likely to draw in many new players because they're looking for what they are thinking of as new (which is typically what is more widely advertised, such as 3rd classes, renewal, etc). Without an active WoE/real BG/new content we cannot appear attractive to players who enjoy the competitive side of the game.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 11:01 AM by azurerogue.)
03-07-2012 11:00 AM
raphael.cruger Offline

Real BG content please qq

And i didnt say 10-20 a day, but if you bet you can't find 10 guildless noobs hanging around payon and pront in a day I'd be rich. Many of them are experienced players from other servers. And many would stay a lot longer if they had a guild to play with.

I mean just look at koj, sure its taken a while but we've come from having 4 people who actively woe to over 20, and its never a dull moment in guild ^__^ always over 15 people on. During WoE we see 30+ though not all attend. We're all (noobs)friends but we're getting there >:@, so don't say it can't be done bro. Go try first.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 07:15 PM by raphael.cruger.)
03-08-2012 03:40 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Make sure you don't invite people that kills a guild XD.
03-08-2012 05:04 PM
raphael.cruger Offline

Lol I actually recruited a couple who i caught botting later.

03-08-2012 07:16 PM
raphael.cruger Offline

Aaronock Wrote:Love that you, Adrillf, share a video of WoE from 2005...you know, back when RO was still kind of a big game and you could find 1k+ people easy on officials or even some private servers.

Things change, I'm okay with RO1 slowly dying down, RO2 is in development, and won't be surprised to see it next year being distributed around the world.

Also keep in mind that most private servers are not up to date in the fullest sense.??There exist third classes, and gears coming out exclusively meant for renewal mechanics.??So guess what, without new content for this MMO, people get bored, people will leave.??GM's can somewhat fix the problem here by implementing new things to do to keep us interested and invested in the game.??This isn't happening very often past holiday quests the past year or two, so uh...yah, many of us are bored and leaving.??

While I do agree with this I've played countless MMOs and none have what RO has, its unique in its epicness *-*, RO2 is ew, very few who love the old game for its dynamism and balance will appreciate it, and those who do probably didn't like RO anyway. Also its simply a problem of advertisement, newer generations don't stay long enough to tackle RO's rather long learning curve and more's the pity. But if heRO sticks around chances are it will grow even more as time passes, after all its the best low rate out there by a mile and then some, and I for one have no complaints.

Heh IMO we should pull official players lmao. JapRO ahoy LOL

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 07:30 PM by raphael.cruger.)
03-08-2012 07:25 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

Nothing is going to save RO, or HeRO, from eventually being forgotten and dying. Well, unless God descends from the heavens and destroys every other current and future game. Ragnarok is way too outdated, even the official one.

-[almost] No quests
-[almost] No plot
-Pure grind, for everything
-Death penalty that makes the game annoying, not challenging
-No NPC guides to lead you
-Purely text based
-Extremely chaotic pvp

I think no other current MMO [with a decently sized population] has all those things combined lol.

Also, @Raphael, RO doesn't have a long learning curve, just that 70% of the time you don't learn how to play your char by leveling up, which is also utterly retarded.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
03-09-2012 10:08 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Must say RO is an old game, enjoy it while it lasts Icon_wink
That's what I do. I still like it as it is Icon_razz

New games such as Guild War, WoW, Grand Fantasia, they all have the same principles... gears, lvl, guilds, parties, Boss to kill, dungeons... it's just part of RPG. Anyways... find the correct balance, in the end, these are just GAMES.

Stack School, IRL responsability + girl friend + friends = not much time left (and spare time goes to = kill it with RPG) lol.
03-14-2012 09:14 AM