Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Increase Party Share Gap Please
Menace651 Offline

Increase Party Share Gap Please

I think the party share gap needs to be increased from within 10 levels of each other to 15. With the falling server population it's hard enough as it is just to find a good party. This will just make it a lot easier to play with friends that aren't the same level as you. I realize there is the argument of leeching and what not but people get leeched from out of party characters anyway so it's not that big of an issue. I think on the official servers they have increased it to 15 levels already.
03-26-2012 01:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE: Increase Party Share Gap Please

I sadly don't support this, because 15 lvls of gap will make leechers easier to leech...

For instance, a Sniper who is lv 99 can currently leech people that are lvl 89... with 15lvs gap, they can leech a lvl 84 (which makes it too easy).

By following the KoJ questing guide. You can level your character with quests from lvl 75 to 88 within 2 hours. Partying with higher end shouldn't be a problem.

I think a way to fix this would be to vote more for HeRo, posting reviews, and advertising for the server to attrack more players. Not increasing the share gap.
03-26-2012 01:20 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Yea, because questing from 75-88 is much more "legit" than leeching. Wait, what? The main argument I see against leeching is that you gain levels but don't learn to play your character. How is questing better? I'm fine with increasing the level range for sharing exp, but I doubt GMs will do it.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-26-2012 01:39 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Or you can say that you just ask a higher level friend/guildmate to get all the necessary warps/items required in the quest for you anyway.

What you can argue though, is that now there's even more reliance on "donations" from willing/not-so-willing guildmates and friends. Say if you're leeched to 90s and didn't even bother with hillwind, you have even less zeny to buy gears that are expected from someone of that level range.

I'm fine with removing level range for sharing exp period. Early game RO has not been changed or updated for over a *decade* (not just heRO), so really does anyone *want* to go through that part of the game? =/ All of your pvm fun really doesn't start until like 80... and it's beyond a massacre to try to pvp below lv 80. Even then, lv 80 hardly stands a chance too...

(or even more extreme: I'm even fine with just starting all chars at lv 80. No updates in a near-decade for pre-80 is just ridiculous for RO.)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2012 11:19 PM by Namine.)
03-26-2012 11:17 PM
Menace651 Offline

I agree with Namine. I don't think adding 5 extra levels to the party share gap is going to change much. People have always leeched and will continue to leech no matter the situation. Personally, I think leeching is lame and tedious in HeRO. I don't know why anyone would even do it. Having an active player in your party is much more productive than an idle character sitting in a corner getting exp from kills (you also gain more exp when all members of a party are targeting a mob).

Point and case, I don't see much harm coming from this and It's not a very hard adjustment to make script/programming wise. I've messed around with RO server settings before and it's just a matter of changing one value.
03-26-2012 11:42 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE:??Increase Party Share Gap Please

Menace651 Wrote:It's not a very hard adjustment to make script/programming wise. I've messed around with RO server settings before and it's just a matter of changing one value.

Just jumping in again to point out that deleting an account, or even turning off the entire server is also an easy, one change move, but it doesn't mean we'll do those, simply because they're an easy change, too.

That it's easy to change doesn't count as a "why" it should be changed. D:

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

03-27-2012 03:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sylmeria Offline

Quote:I think a way to fix this would be to vote more for HeRo, posting reviews, and advertising for the server to attrack more players. Not increasing the share gap.
That certainly helps too, but I think improving the wiki and site also play their part in attracting more players. Sure, its not really one of the main things, and might even seem stupid, but it does affect players choice when browsing servers.

I personally ignored layout and just tried to find info when I was looking, but there was even one site so bad I could barely find the info at all, and it seemed nice. Some servers were also bad, didn't have much features, but their site was very nice and made the server look better than it was also.

It causes a better first impression of the server and may make more players choose it.

And don't get me wrong, I find this server just awesome, enough for me to want to help it get better, has a lot of good features, very balanced, no multiclienting and so on, but the layouts of the site, forum and wiki are really not that great.

More updates wouldn't hurt either...

@increasing level gap: Leechers would leech even if the level diff was 5, increasing it is not going to change anything besides making it a little bit easier, if you want to stop leeching, level gap is not the way to do it or to make it much of a pain, there are better ways to try and reduce it.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012 05:12 AM by Sylmeria.)
03-27-2012 03:34 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

There are still ways of playing with people outside of your share range. On more than one occaision, I've played the lure outside of party. I've also played the priest outside of party.

I think it adds a unique playstyle that isn't much seen anymore. The higher levels try to tap it doing as little damage as possible so the youngsters can get the exp bonus, and then it's basically using your class to support, and empower. Endows, songs, Buffs, tankings, mob control, healing, even just being there to keep them from getting bored right away.

There's also the method of Power leveling your friends (mobbing and tanking things and letting them kill them.) I remember when THE method of power leveling was to have a knight/crusader mob up anolians,??have a priest healspam (crusader is boss since he can healspam himself in tanker build) him, and get a mage with thunderstorm, and watch the levels fly. Though Anubis seems to be THE place to power level people these days, but??there's still plenty of great options. Like Mosco 3 and it's mavka (the baba yaga and Uzhas aren't bad exp either) or Owl Dukes in the clock tower.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012 07:14 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
03-27-2012 07:10 AM
Cassandra Offline
Lost

still love me brasilis dungeon

Cassie-Assasin Cross 99
McGuyver-Creator 98
Eralia-High Priest 99
03-27-2012 07:50 AM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

I personally never have a problem leveling my characters so I'd say no. Also a % of people who would normally happily fill party roles have absolutely no idea whatsoever how to play their classes, and are consequently not taken sometimes, and THIS IMO is the problem, and increasing the share range will not fix it.

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2012 11:29 AM by raphael.cruger.)
03-28-2012 11:26 AM