Monster was too hard
Item was too easy
Item was balanced
Item was too hard
Trivia was too easy
Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too hard
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trial of Heroes Feedback Thread
Former-GM-Glyph Offline
Circe's girlfriends' girlfriend

Trial of Heroes Feedback Thread

Another month down, another Trial of Heroes successfully finished.

For monster I went with:
10 Removers
7 Alicels
5 Aliots
3 Ragged Zombies
1 Necromancer

Item was a little more difficult for some:
60 Cold Breath
8 Star Emblems
30 Hypnotic Glasses
8 Black armor
6 Fancy Robes

PVP had 10 people! How awesome was that!?

Trivia had one issue with me spell checking so much that the capitals came out of nowhere, glad I made an extra question.

Light Epsilon allows the use of what level of Heal? 3 three

Which quest uses the item Vigorgra? Sign Quest/Sign

How many slaves does Wounded Morroc have? 4/four

Which berry fully heals your HP/SP?
Yggdrasil Berry / Yggdrasil

The Punisher is a pet armor for what pet? Munak

Level 10 Back Stab does what percent of damage? 700/700%

16 Dark Players
28 Light Players

LightDarkWon

heRO RMS | Glyph's Twitter | heRO Wiki | heRO CP | Glyph's Facebook
[Image: heRO_Glyph.jpg]
04-02-2012 01:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

RE: Trial of Heroes Feedback Thread

total crap monster trial...
sniper should be nerfed on monster trial..
but wth with that list, its too favorable to those with falcon
04-02-2012 01:25 AM
Former-GM-Glyph Offline

I've made monsters before that did just that and got a lot of complaints when Snipers died to them. Icon_razz

I swear, just can't find a middle ground.

Well, better start the ultimate fairness. Earthquake on EVERYTHING. Fairness in total annihilation!

Edit: As an added bonus, 3 people answered the last Trivia!

04-02-2012 01:28 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

But weren't people calling it unfair when we made it harder for snipers?
I remember getting flak for outright saying that. Icon_sad

I wonder how many lanes of people you could kill with a single, level 100 EQ.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

04-02-2012 01:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

sniper got very huge advantages in item trial already
but now u gave em advantages on monster as well?

i dont think its fair as well..

not to mention that the 4th monster is much easier in every aspect than 2nd monster...
04-02-2012 01:58 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Icon_razz The reason why Glyph and I tried to have the custom made mobs so antisniper was because we know that snipers already get it easymode.

Then we got flak for it, saying we were being unfair, etc.
But Glyph kept it up anyway... with all my encouragement. ;D

This is Glyph's first ToH? where it's been not antisniper, likely due to it not being custom mobs. I know I got chewed out for being antisniper in July '11. It's been almost a year of lots of Glyph antisniper mobs.
I'm sure he can be forgiven for that. Icon_razz

<333

04-02-2012 02:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Glyph Offline

Some waves in monster are easier than others, I remember one where the 1 monster was easy as pie compared to the other ones, but the first two rounds made them run for the exit instead of tangling with it. Best mental breakdown I've caused ever. Fight or Flight! Fight or Flight!

... a lot of people chose flight.

And as for easy on Snipers, a lot of monsters are, no matter which one you choose. The ones that have Pneuma? They move and can still be attacked, you can even move traps with arrow shower attack them that way. A sniper generally has a way to sneak by most monsters and killing it at the same time.

That's the reason I generally make custom monsters and add in ways to close the gap, or make the sniper in question need to think "Can I kill it?" instead of the usual "Yeah I got this" followed by the occasional, depending on the monster, thought of "Better run".

That thought of doubt, that unknown variable in what a custom monster might do when rude attacked is very amusing for me to see when the 5's and 0's start arranging themselves.

Though the Tae Kwon Dimik's were just funny, and the Undead Vesper with the Holy Cross was always a good time. 20k damage on ED users, hilarious

/organize "Death to Snipers" Icon_twisted

04-02-2012 02:19 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

the thing is, "And as for easy on Snipers, a lot of monsters are, no matter which one you choose." is the main reason TOHs SHOULD be anti-sniper.
because otherwise we will start going back to the old days where from 80 participants, 70 are snipers/hunters. We do want to see a more colorful lineup of bodies on the floor, don't we?

i could understand how designing custom mobs means that we would need extra layers of scrutiny, but i think spending some more time preparing for HeRO's trademark monthly event would always be worth it Ok
As for minor touch ups to make it less of a sniper-fest all around: teh skill defender (reduces ranged damage) comes to mind. Some snares and quag at range 1 every now and again (10s delay) should also be OK. Hammerfall, snap/blink-strike/whatever is also a good option.

Now my main beef against this month's line up is not just for it being too sniper friendly, but also because the line up is messed up;
10 10k hp, 7 37k hp, 5 48k hp, then 3 25k hp???
it would have been a waaayyy better lineup all-round if you did 10k, 25k, 37k, then 48k...

oh, and reflect?
i agree that using reflect is fun. And that it would make ppl think about things more. And that it would sink zeny by burning pots. But doing reflect in toh on a 90k hp enemy is evil. And the only melee class that could easily work around that is prolly a WS because god knows why CT doesnt count as melee Laugh
Do it on 3 30k hp mobs, or 5 20k hp mobs, or hell even on 10 10k hp mobs. But not on a 90k hp mob pl0x...

W
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 03:01 AM by mahawirasd.)
04-02-2012 03:00 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

We actually use defender quite often, actually. I know my mobs had it, and Glyph has used it since. The only problem is once you shove it on everything, it becomes a one trick pony.

As for telling us it should be hard for snipers, you're preaching to the choir.
Short term memory loss, imo. Icon_razz

<333

04-02-2012 03:04 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

I really don't get it, there are other classes to which ToH is as easy as for sniper (WS, anyone? Or creator? Yeah, i certainly like creators!), just sniper takes a little less effort to make and make it working. Leave the lazyass people alone *stares on both Edea and Wira*
Ok, that driven out of the way *I still want ALL the nukes* ToH was pretty fun, i liked seeing all the 5's, but that revival aliot's skill made me go "OH FFS STOP RESURRECTING YOURSELF, YOU STUPID BEAST". Seriously, 3 out of 5 being revived is not fun (especially not with their 48k HP, even though it goes to 24k after revival) >.>
Furthermore, item was fun, this time it actually made me move *Damn i was 1 armor piece short >.>*.
Trivia... WHERE'S MY "DIE GLYPH" CHOICE for messing that question up? Making sign quest 5 times made me recognize it fast, but i got stalled thinking "what was that name of the quest? THINK!"...
And for mass battle... Damn, when registrations were over, i was certain light is screwed >.>

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
04-02-2012 08:31 AM