Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NEW CUSTOM CARDS
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??NEW CUSTOM CARDS

raphael.cruger Wrote:There are enough seriously powerful MvP cards in the game without their being more IMO, you'd think the card was rare, but there's always 1. the types who want everything and 2. the types who'd just sell it because they aren't smart enough to think of a use for it. It's not something you default but yea its a hell of a good card damn. Also heck yea midnight Jack is OP and anyone who WoEs a lot will know that.
Only OP because of people and their overdependance on BG gears. Medusa shield/Evil Druid armor would easily prevent stone.

What if God poring enabled use of lvl 1 Ressurection

Think Skoll card should change Firebolt to sighttrasher to sorta mimic Ktull's Frost nova sorta. The fact that it knocks monsters away from you could be cool.

Skoll Puppy... ignited... Makes me think of those elemental monk fists. Chance of autocasting lvl 5 Fire endow when attacking
04-14-2012 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fabre Offline
Novangel

RE: NEW CUSTOM CARDS

finally a benifitial card for linker, and one that will open alot of options for me, like ive been begiing for on rms, to gravity and here on heRO,-it means i might be able to get the damage that i have now, without haveing to hit 140+int. and that means i can use some of that less than morpheus equivelent gear- and actually maybe get some other effects without haveing to sacrifice the hidden bonus of the high int. cause i hate that morpheus is best only way to get that high of int. cause overall the gear suxs. when i could use cards. and i would really consider using my empty sunnies for that orcus card, id be sad to loose one more isilla effect- but having just the 2-3 is good enough really. for a all time 10%cast, and 20% after reduct, means i can have even less dex to get same speed of chaining esmas. not much but even a few high 90 points is alot of low lvl vit. plus 30% might be awesome, but i usually need one acc for ruwich/sight, phen in some cases. ect.

"Lady" Fabre, and the house of Luvs.
WS-96, LK-96, SL-97,
Wzd-89, Sge-93, HP-96,
Chmp-90, Rge-94, arch-96,
(@who2 fabre) if you need help with something.
http://www.pandoraonline.net/support/
^short cut,for support ticket^
04-14-2012 08:52 PM
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

Skoll's lvl 10 Fire Bolt seems a bit OP (since RO is the definition of "Kill it with fire"), plus the fact that I can bet it will activate prof's double cast skill.??Why not Magnum Break level 5, it's the exact opposite of Frost Nova, and level 5 is only 200% about the same as level 10 Frost Nova (which is 66+7*SkillLevel).??It can be debated on how "OP" Magnum Break can be compared to Fire Bolt, but i think it comes closer to being the fire equivalent of Ktull's card effect.

Autumn Leaf Cat Card...
.______.

I love Soul Linkers and everything, but this seems a bit too much.??First things first, you just need two clips and it would cover all three job clases, I think dividing the effects in 3 different cards would be more resonable, have one with the ninja skills, another for the GS, and another for SL.??If not, i would have to say that some of the effects have to go, just having the buff on Esma, Desperado, Full Buster, Throw Kunai, and Final Strike or somethig like that.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2012 11:06 PM by Mara.)
04-14-2012 11:03 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Question about all of this-

Why do we always have to come out with bigger and better cards? Look at Drake, Osiris, Amon Ra and others. Just because a monster is an MvP does not mean that they have to be just as powerful, if not more powerful than the best MvP's out there.

In that same note- look at mini bosses. Just because a monster is a mini does not mean that they need to be an angeling, develing, or maya purple. I know it's sort of crazy, but could we think of cards that are useful, but only at the low end? Or even cards that are just fun to use outside of WoE for screwing around?

I would love a card that gave the use of lvl 1 talkie box.
04-15-2012 12:43 AM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

RE:??NEW CUSTOM CARDS

Adrillf Wrote:Question about all of this-

Why do we always have to come out with bigger and better cards?

I would love a card that gave the use of lvl 1 talkie box.

Like this :D

Someone had an idea on main earlier today and I thought it was amazing--a card that lets you make 'fireworks'. A useless fireworks display.

*Fun* things! Why not. There's a mostly-ignored novelty quest for being able to use Graffiti, why not make more use of the weird whythehellwouldyoueveninvestinthat skills

GM-Glyph Wrote:Looking at the God Poring, it doesn't seem to be aimed at Super Novices, though I don't know the actual powers that card might have.

mNnNnNNhhHhghGHhghgHGHhgh _vvv_ This idle threat of Super Murder? still stands!!
04-15-2012 01:04 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Nice stuff!!
See, our GMs are working hard and care about the server! This should also go in RMS advertising once implemented (review wise).

PS: "Tentacular" LOLLL, Aedra's gonna farm Levia forever till card drops!
04-15-2012 01:43 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

I'm happy to see these cards will finally be implemented Icon_smile

As for the effects, some i like, some i'm not to enthusiast about;

Sapling; Love the fact that it also has a 'special' effect for slingers however i do think it looks ALOT like wormtail card, just slightly better. This card is already 'overshadowed' by zerom cards who give +3 dex in accessory. Its not that much big of a deal, i don't really care to much if the effect stays this way but i just wanted to point out how much it actually looks like the worm tail card.

Also another note, Ninja's love dex too >Icon_sad

Aquaring; I don't think the effect is to low, its comparable to the cramp card effect (if i read the script right, its 1% change to gain 500 zeny per killed monster for cramp), though now in accessory form.??This card is probably just made for the smaller farming its not suppose to be your new form of zeny income.

Autumn leaf cat; I love what they are trying to do with this card really, but i agree with Mara that +30% more dmg with esma is just overkill. I'd say make it more balanced to about +5% dmg per card for esma, esma is already a powerful skill, its nice to see more soullinkers around but we don't have to massively start switching to SL farming with these cards. And i also agree on the massive effect of this card, it might be better to split it up the effects on 3 cards or so or like Mara said ditch certain effects.

And if you don't want to change the % increased at least change it to a slot where you can't get 2x the effect.

Eralia; i think the card is slight OP, it looks a bit like the Kettled hat headgear, however this card is a mini boss there is only 1 of her on the map and as far as i know she also has a respawn time, and another difference with the headgear is that the card works on 'getting attacked' aka hit i assume instead of 'when attacking'. Level 5 waterball is kinda alot, though its a single target spell i do think lvl 5 in combination with 10% is kinda high. Also the fact that this is an armor card and can be put into wings for a double wing effect (i think your gonna love 2x the individual chance to activate the effect of this card too much)

Personally i think it would be more silly/funny to have a chance of randomly casting between lvl 1~3 waterball and maybe a slightly lower % (however i disagree with Professor X on his balance suggestions, i do understand his concern but i'm more in favor of lowering the % or the lvl of the bolt then giving it an "MVP card down effect".

Skoll card; I'm not sure if i find lvl 10 firebolt a good choice or not, Mara's suggestion of magnum break is decent however i think i'd like to see another skill as MB is used on Turtle general as effect as well (sure if different in alot of ways since TG card is activated when attacking instead of getting hit but i don't like seeing to much of the same skills, though this is just a personal preference not a balance one). But i don't think i can say to much about this myself as i cannot think of a different suggestion myself regarding the skill.

Quote:Skoll baby card - 5% to autocast lvl 3 fireball when attacking (combo with Skoll card) = chance increases to 30%

Nice suggestion especially with the combo with the mvp, however that same effect is already been taken (except for the combo suggestion) by Mutant Dragonoid card, i'm trying to think of a suggestion myself but i can't think of any Q_Q Maybe fire wall i don't know really... being doing some research but i can't find/think of anything that isn't been done already or could be fun/balanced.

A big no to +3 stats for every poring card equipped for God poring's card effect:
- Poporing, accessory card (accessory mean 2x wearable)
- Poring, armor card (can be crazy and use double wing effect)
- Santa poring card, weapon card (take a [4] thing and there you go +12 stats)
- Drops card, weapon card (same blabla as Santa Poring card)

I can go on and on and grap all poring family cards but i guess its clear, and the effect is decided already as well anyway, i'm soooo curious, announce it!! :@

Wo ist mein Hanz von Abendroth card Q_Q? Did you guys forgot about our i-can't-remember-what-his-part/role-in-the-halloween-quest-was-anymore-guy D:

And yes to more silly/funny card effects!

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
04-15-2012 05:20 AM
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Yes, we forgot Hanz von Abendroth during the process. It's a custom monster avaible in the Bloody Branches so we'll consider the card.

Besmal, Hanz von Abendroth, Quah-Nomage and Harthoon will be released with a generic card picture until a new contest is held for custom monsters card pictures.

I will respond here to a few comments. These are my personal thoughts:

Autumn Leaf Cat Card
I'm not afraid of the +15% damage to soul linker skill. It can not be used for PvP and it's limited to a single target. If it gets very unbalancing it could be revised to 10%.

Autumn Leaf Cat Card
If we split the effects in 3 cards, we may end-up having to make some of them hatter. Keeping them in a single card will keep a longer pressure on the card demand.

Midnight Jakk Card
I'm aware that StoneCurse is stronger than Freeze because of the no-skill delay. However, Evil Druid Card, Medusa Card, Meteor Plate, general magic defense and a few other items grant a protection, partial or fully, against Stone Curse.
Midnight Jakk is rarely avaible in the wild for halloween quest and is a 1.5M life MvP that spam at a low rate in Blood Branches. It's hard to compare it to a 200k life MvP that respawm every half an hour since the server exist.
The person wearing such armor is also vulnerable to Stone Curse and Freeze effects and then helpless to any attack that may occur.

Fafnir Card
A player raised a question on main about the stacking effect of Fafnir Card with protective gear, claiming that a player could recieve very low damage from these elements. Cards with 30% protection from a single element already exist as official material, which already cover a greater resistance.

Skoll Card:
As many of you guessed, the effect is cloned directly from Ktullanux Card. Considering the unequivalent avaibility of the MvP, it would be a good idea to nerf it down a little.

Besmal/Fafnir Cards
Poison element has been forgotten. It will be added to the Besmal Card.
Neutral Element has been voluntary forgotten.

Changes in the original post in RED

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
04-15-2012 10:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Surtur Card idea I have

Armor Card
---
+5 atk and +1 crit for every refine

Chance to activate atk+50 for 10 seconds when doing a physical attack.

Probably not the most original idea...oh well. xD

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-15-2012 12:14 PM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

Skoll Puppy is a little tricky because it's intended to be a weapon card, right? Making something like that autocast offensively, then stacking 4 of them in a weapon... my brain already starts to go to mush.

Considering the prefix, I also tried to come up with an idea for it that revolved around the name. What if Skoll Puppy had a chance of autocasting Flame Weapon Level 3 on you? Then it could combo with Skoll card to upgrade to level 5 (avoiding weapon breaks), and activate at a higher chance. Considering Azote's previous post about "look at the number of earth monsters", it's not like this is going to make fire weapons become suddenly OP. The strongest earth element monster I can think of that people hunt (relatively) safely is Mavka.

Still though, that previous thought completely throws my "weapons shouldn't autocast" thing out the window. So what if Skoll Puppy just gave a flat stat bonus (+1 STR, +5 HIT? Don't see a lot of STR cards in weapons, the only one that comes to mind is Hornet.), and then comboed to autocast the endow? Considering HIT and STR don't come together naturally in a card, it could provide options for lower dex builds while also ekeing out that next STR bonus, and the combo would inherently increase effectiveness against earth enemies.

Dunno. I just want something ftlulz against gopinich

Gerik - Some noob Battle High Priest
Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

[Image: TeaCyber.jpg]
[Image: Proto.jpg]
04-15-2012 12:51 PM