Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestions: Rehashed
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Suggestions: Rehashed

Most of these are things that have been suggested before, but I think they deserve some reconsideration.??I'll try to keep it brief for each one.??I'm not even sure how many there will be at this point...

1. Can we please add sub-sections to the Help / Guide section of the forum? Previously people have asked either for class sub-forums in general or class sub-forums for the help/guide. I won't even ask us to be that specific. Can we please just have a separate section for guides? Why? Well I, for one, enjoy writing guides - but I never post anything on these forums. Because eventually it'll just get buried and have been a waste of my time. If we had a separate section just for guides people would more easily be able to find helpful stuff and it would make me more willing to write guides.

Yes we have the heRO wiki, but I'm talking about class guides/build guides - not quest / custom content guides. I don't think class/build guides are appropriate for a wiki unless they're very general (read: less helpful) because builds are very subjective and feedback should be able to not only be offered but read by all in it's full context. Thus forum guides make more sense for guides - but our current forum organization isn't very guide-friendly. It doesn't make the effort of writing a guide feel worthwhile because it will eventually be buried under irrelevant random stuff.

2. This goes along with suggestion 1. To encourage use of the new specific guide section, have some sort of guide competition like the ones other server have had. Have in-game rewards for writing the "best" guides as picked by the GMs (maybe based on comprehensive build/gear/leveling/pvp/woe/etc stuff - also for aesthetic value). This will also help up the activity on the forums a bit, possibly.

3. Can we consider making the whining section only viewable to registered members? I know we've gone back on forth on this in the past. I think transparency is great - but are we putting our best foot forward when the most active recent thread is about server population going down - even if there were (at some point) some constructive suggestions made? If not making it only viewable to registered members, can we at least move it down the game-related section a bit? It's currently ABOVE Help/Guide and Suggestions/Questions - I think it should be at least below those two. It might sound minor - but I think it's important.

4. I'm going to get some hate for this one, I'm sure - but can we please re-locate the Roleplay/Story section to heRO Events (or ANYWHERE else)? As someone who enjoys WoE/PvP more than PvM (let alone RPing) in RO, this section is a total turn-off when looking at our forums. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on roleplaying in general (I enjoy D&D) but, unlike cute hats and even wings, many competitive players see that we have a whole forum section dedicated to roleplaying and story telling and probably **** themselves. Let's at least move it down, please...

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-18-2012 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pnutbuttajelly Offline
PBJ > AMJ

RE: Suggestions: Rehashed

Listen to what this wise man has to say

Quote:Will says:
If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Proto, raper of noobs. Let them say, I lived, In the time, Of Pnut.
04-19-2012 06:17 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

While we're gonna look to old suggestions i have one as well:

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=17525

Mining >:[

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
04-19-2012 09:22 AM
azurerogue Offline

I have no problem with that suggestion - but can we keep this thread about the presentation/forums suggestions and leave re-suggesting mining for another thread???I just don't want to mix too many suggestions or the conversation will get hard to follow.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012 10:22 AM by azurerogue.)
04-19-2012 10:22 AM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

I'm for suggestion #1. I need help with builds and only have access to High Rate builds which are useless here.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
04-19-2012 11:39 PM
azurerogue Offline

Any chance any of these are a possibility?

04-20-2012 03:34 PM
azurerogue Offline

Do I need to post incendiary comments and spam to get real responses to this thread? No apologies for the double post, btw.

04-21-2012 01:28 AM
Former-GM-Glyph Offline
Circe's girlfriends' girlfriend

Already sent a copy of the thread to the others, but I can tell you my thoughts while I'm here.

1) This is honestly a good idea in my personal opinion. What? Can't make a paragraph for everything, sometimes you just go one sentence and good enough.

2) This would need more discussion from me and the others, but it does look like an interesting idea.

3) I have to agree on this one for a multitude of reasons, the foremost being that the forums are generally used by the most vocal of players, and while it's good to get opinions, that sometimes gets out of hand or just makes newcomers wonder just how bad it is in game.

4) I can see reasons for this, considering our last Forum RP event was four years ago. But that would need more discussion on our end.

heRO RMS | Glyph's Twitter | heRO Wiki | heRO CP | Glyph's Facebook
[Image: heRO_Glyph.jpg]
04-21-2012 06:23 AM
azurerogue Offline

Love

Thanks for (personal) feedback.

04-21-2012 08:12 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

although i agree that most of the suggestions are quite good and clearly well thought out, i have to think that number 4 is not so agreeable. I personally do not like to RP. But seeing as how the personal entries for that particular forum has been showing a healthy trend, i think we should not kill it off (read: resign it to a backwater part of the forums) just yet.

healthy trend?
i personally don't care for the RP threads - i don't even bother to read them - but i think it's quite clear how some people like to write out back stories etc and that the last two years seem to have more people involved in that particular forum (though posts have always been sparse and rare). If we resign it to an even harder to find location, we might really prevent any other newcomer from RP-ing, and that would be a shame because imho HeRO is not just about the RO, it's about building a community who may enjoy it in various ways.

W
04-22-2012 12:06 AM